Wiki Posts
Search

DL 1 hr turnaround in SJU?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2019, 6:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM
DL 1 hr turnaround in SJU?

Was considering a Delta MR to SJU with the turnaround being 1hr 5min in SJU. Are there any terminal issues I should be aware of? I searched but since the most recent thread I could find was from 2014 I figured I'd check just in case. I'd just have a carry-on backpack and would be on the flight arriving from JFK at 12:02pm, departing SJU back to JFK at 1:07pm.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 6:20 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
None that I am aware. DL only uses a few gates within the same terminal and given that time and routing, you would be flying in and out on the same plane.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 6:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM
Awesome, thanks!
Old Jun 9, 2019, 3:06 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
I second as well. No issues, one that might be of interest to you is that you can do some duty free shopping if interested. No need to leave the secure area.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 7:55 am

Programs: UA Silver / FA
For future reference: Mileage Runs turnarounds / turnabouts / transits:- Experiences please

But my experience turning in SJU is the same.. get off, take a seat.. then just get back on.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 1:49 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Tblack15
For future reference: Mileage Runs turnarounds / turnabouts / transits:- Experiences please

But my experience turning in SJU is the same.. get off, take a seat.. then just get back on.
Add the "embarrassment" of seeing the same FAs on the return flight. This is especially true when you sit in the front (FC cabin). It happened to me for ORD-SJU-ORD. I did make some small talks with this FA, who was extremely nice.
Good luck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.