Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] AA: Miami to Cordoba from $1,437!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2019, 7:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold

Saw it on OMAAT...

Prices start at $1,437. This is a pretty good deal for travel on the non-stop service...

Book Flights Here!

chejus likes this.

Last edited by Pat89339; Jun 6, 2019 at 8:01 pm Reason: Remove hyperlink to blog
Old Jun 7, 2019, 2:09 am

Programs: IB Plat - Hilton Gold - Marriott Gold - IHG Ambassador
Here in Argentina the aircraft announced for that route is the old 767-300 that in economy does not have TV screens. Don´t know if the business cabin was retroffited, but may be worthwhile checking.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 3:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by chejus
Here in Argentina the aircraft announced for that route is the old 767-300 that in economy does not have TV screens. Don´t know if the business cabin was retroffited, but may be worthwhile checking.
Buenos días!
Economy class has no personal IFEs, I believe they pitch the idea of streaming, Business Class they hand out some devices/tablets that fit into the front of the seat. At least that was the case 2 years ago...

Business Class IFE (Tablet)

The 767 is the older workhorse... The only nice thing about it is that in Coach it's 2-3-2 seating.. Here is a Trip Report on the 767 from my site PremiumCabinDeals
Another negative: No tener Fernet Branca en un vuelo a Córdoba puede ser peor que no tener tele individual!
Old Jun 8, 2019, 5:07 am

Programs: AA Gld; DL Plat; UA Gld;Bonvoy Titanium4Life; Hyatt Silver;
Immediate turn at COR?

Can you do an immediate turn in COR? This looks like a fairly attractive MR, at roughly 8cpm for J, although with a 5 day minimum for the fare I’d need to nest the tix (if that’s the right expression for buying two trips).
Thanks for any thoughts.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 2:22 pm

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
Just discovered there are consolidator fares at slightly higher levels if you are hunting for a few extra EQDs...
Old Jun 8, 2019, 3:59 pm

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Just FYI for people considering this fare:
1) Cordoba is an attractive, friendly city with great food and decent hotel options, and prices much cheaper than in Buenos Aires.
2) It's a university city, and it's quite near a lovely mountain range, where you can take day or overnight trips.
3) This is pretty close to the Y fare on many USA-South America routes, in full flat J!
MaxVO likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 9:38 pm

Programs: AA GLD for life, HH Gold, SPG gold, Hyatt Plat, Avis Select, TSA pfd
Originally Posted by kyushuman
Just FYI for people considering this fare:
1) Cordoba is an attractive, friendly city with great food and decent hotel options, and prices much cheaper than in Buenos Aires.
2) It's a university city, and it's quite near a lovely mountain range, where you can take day or overnight trips.
3) This is pretty close to the Y fare on many USA-South America routes, in full flat J!
We go back every year for family visits and to finally have a nonstop is a dream. Although I love Baires any day, this is for family visits. If you want to escape the heat of the northern hemisphere, at great value, then this is a wonderful destination.

While there is no skiing in the sierras, you can connect easily by bus or air to Mendoza and beyond. On many trips we found American hunters carrying their own rifles for dove hunts.

There are modern hotels and restaurants in the city center, check out new hotels: Y111 & Caseros 248 at around U$50/night with breakfast, hotels are tax-free for foreigners. El Celta is a stalwart restaurant and there are many choices in the city center. Colonial architecture predominates with the influence from Jesuits.

The roads to the mountains are in excellent condition and the views extraordinary, esp. the stars at night. Villa Carlos Paz is a tourist destination for many Argentine's. Villa General Belgrano is a German Hof Bauhaus!

This is a new route for AA and there are great J fares through X-mas. Oddly, lately, I feel safer on a 767.
vincewy, MaxVO and flatdawgs like this.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 10:26 pm

I used this fare on a mixed cabin, open-jaw itinerary and got it down to $1,100 on the exact flights and dates I needed!

Flying MIA-GIG in Y, then returning COR - MIA in J a couple weeks later after Iguazu, BA, and Patagonia.

I was prepared to pay $1,100 in Y for the r/t, so pleased to get a leg in J for pretty much "free"

Now I just gotta figure out how to upgrade that first leg...
Old Jun 22, 2019, 9:59 am

I was waiting for my friend to commit and he did, so we were going to book on Monday. Got an alert from Google Flights last night that the price had increased to $2434. I was hoping it was just for those dates, but then I went to check and it's increased on all flights on all dates. I was worried about this which is why I was pushing him to make up his mind. I've seen prices jump for a few days and then go back down before. Anyone think that's the case here or is it going to stay at this price or higher?
Old Jun 22, 2019, 10:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kyparamedic
I was waiting for my friend to commit and he did, so we were going to book on Monday. Got an alert from Google Flights last night that the price had increased to $2434. I was hoping it was just for those dates, but then I went to check and it's increased on all flights on all dates. I was worried about this which is why I was pushing him to make up his mind. I've seen prices jump for a few days and then go back down before. Anyone think that's the case here or is it going to stay at this price or higher?
It's hard to tell, but this fare was cheap compared to Economy prices on the same flights.. Try using Google Flights for alerts...

Avianca if you want a cheap fare to Argentina, but don't think it will be this cheap for the non-stop!
Old Jun 22, 2019, 11:00 am

Originally Posted by jfkeze
It's hard to tell, but this fare was cheap compared to Economy prices on the same flights.. Try using Google Flights for alerts...

Avianca if you want a cheap fare to Argentina, but don't think it will be this cheap for the non-stop!
Yeah, I had alerts setup with Google Flights which is how I found out last night about the increase. LATAM also has it for $1589 via Lima with the 2nd leg being in economy. It's only through Orbitz though and when I go through to book it, it shows the MIA<->LIM portions in business (I) and LIM<->COR in economy (Q) but then later on it says that it's a basic economy fare, so I'm confused.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 8:56 pm

It's live again. Friend and I just booked it: Sep 12-23.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 9:40 am

Programs: AA GLD for life, HH Gold, SPG gold, Hyatt Plat, Avis Select, TSA pfd
Not sure if this thread is gone

I found availability for X-mas at $1,437, great EOY mileage run.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.