Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Hainan : 1,543 RT Business Class Los Angeles to Shanghai

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] Hainan : 1,543 RT Business Class Los Angeles to Shanghai

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2019, 12:01 pm

Programs: American, Air France
Originally Posted by WarringDanimal
I'm suprised the fare has lasted this long. If you're still waiting to book, you should book by tomorrow (end of the 8th) for "Member's Day" which knocks 10% off the base fare. You need to login with a Flying Wings account, but you can change the FF program to Alaska at check-in.
thanks for the tip. This is helpful.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
You can't book Hainan through AS . As long as you are registered for the promotion it should automatically post with the promotional bonus if your AS Mileage Plan number is in the record.

James
Got it. Thanks James.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by WarringDanimal
I'm suprised the fare has lasted this long. If you're still waiting to book, you should book by tomorrow (end of the 8th) for "Member's Day" which knocks 10% off the base fare. You need to login with a Flying Wings account, but you can change the FF program to Alaska at check-in.
yeah the fare is filed for a long period of time I believe. there is also no min/max stay and no 21-day prior to departure restrictions, so it is possible to book a direct turn leaving tmr.
the BF is not really high so that is not too much of a discount. June is a big month for corporate "holidays" here.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
To think I wasted all this time and money on the NZ mistake fare where i will earn points in an orphaned account. I may need to take the $200 penalty and use the money for this deal.

Sadly outside the AS promo period but $1630 on flights mojo JFK> PVG in October. Though id probably pay the extra $70 to book direct vs obscure OTA
VegasGambler likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 1:16 am

Programs: AA MM PP, MR LT Plat, Globalist
Thanks for the 10% off tip! - Just bought LAX-PVG with a stopover in CTU on the return - for $1505.
Base fare pre-discount was $1209. With discount, base fare is $1105. (Excludes fuel/surcharges of $308) So technically, discount is only 8.6%.

I used 300 HU points to bring the price down a buck - just to refresh points expiry date.
Any downside to calling HU now to add your AS account #?

Last edited by eethan; Jun 9, 2019 at 2:01 am
Old Jun 21, 2019, 9:17 am

I finally got the tickets with a 3 days stopever in Xi’an LAX-XIY,XIY-PEK,PEK-LAX.
Question: If I do not show up for the XIY-PEK segment , would Hainan airlines cancel my PEK-LAX? Thinking of heading straight to Siem Riep from Xi’an. Thanks in advance.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by zblacktiger
I finally got the tickets with a 3 days stopever in Xi’an LAX-XIY,XIY-PEK,PEK-LAX.
Question: If I do not show up for the XIY-PEK segment , would Hainan airlines cancel my PEK-LAX? Thinking of heading straight to Siem Riep from Xi’an. Thanks in advance.
It is almost certain they would cancel the rest of your ticket.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 11:12 am

Finally got my miles posted yesterday, for my PVG-CTU//CTU-LAX-CSX-PEK I got 71000+ miles as MVP75K, it means: the promotion posts instantly with the normal miles and is not once during the period.
I have written a full experience of the 4 segments of my 787HU adventure, you can find it by clicking this link on my blog.
for those who do not want to head there, here is a brief pros and cons
PRO: great food, free limo service, new 789's are very nice, good FA's consistent across the board and actually feel like they love their jobs, pajamas and a good amenity kit
CON: worst lounges and ground service probably ever, never a real dine-on-demand service, last minute swap to 788 on CTU-LAX, which features very dated seats, IFE is hilariously translated (maybe a pro), no wifi
at this price point and return on investment, it is probably one of the best buys out there, highly recommend.
SightseeMC and styleflyer like this.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 12:32 pm

Programs: LAN COMODORO
Good only to december this year? i need it for Feb next year, to depart about 14th and back about the 25th
Old Jul 14, 2019, 7:02 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Just a heads-up the fare is still around...

Book Flights Here!

​​​​
Old Jul 16, 2019, 7:33 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Now I see the fares for LAX-XIY-PEK-XIY-LAX at $1466. Same price to PVG (instead of PEK).
Lots of availability.
E55 likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 11:24 pm

Anyone getting the "We are unable to find recommendations for the date(s) / time(s) specified. However, you can see flights for alternate days by selecting other dates below. (7126 [866])" error when you try to book through Hainan?
Old Jul 27, 2019, 4:53 pm

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver
Just a reminder, since the AS double mile promo ends next month, there are some dates that just popped up for LAX-PEK in August.

I booked an immediate turnaround to credit to AS as an MVPG 75K and get me closer to requalifying this year. At 9cpm, it's not the cheapest MR out there, but one of the more comfortable.

Booked through some sketchy OTA, and it prices out to $1470.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 11:12 am
formerly Guanran Wang

Programs: Alaska, BAEC, Asiana, Aegean, Enrich, Marriott/SPG, Hilton
Originally Posted by pushmyredbutton
Just a reminder, since the AS double mile promo ends next month, there are some dates that just popped up for LAX-PEK in August.

I booked an immediate turnaround to credit to AS as an MVPG 75K and get me closer to requalifying this year. At 9cpm, it's not the cheapest MR out there, but one of the more comfortable.

Booked through some sketchy OTA, and it prices out to $1470.
u do get almost 70K RDM, so not bad of a deal.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 1:38 am

Originally Posted by jfkeze
Just a heads-up the fare is still around...

​​​​
anyone on this LAX-PEK itinerary (8/30-9/2)? Wondering what to do in CSX for 3 hours each way.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.