Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] AM: Canada - GRU/SCL J from $1500 CAD ($1123 USD)

Old May 16, 19, 8:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK E+, DL, WY, Radisson R

Worth starting a new thread

I'm seeing YYZ-GRU from $1500 CAD ($1123 USD), YYZ-SCL $2000 CAD ($1500 USD). All in J.

Haven't checked fares from US. Probably need to hurry based on the past flash sales from AM.
Pocatello likes this.
Old May 16, 19, 8:44 pm
Original Poster

I'm also seeing similarly priced fares from YUL and YVR so this will work out for a lot of people here.

You can get down to $1338 on YYZ-SCL USD by going into kayak.com and get directed to book via Flight Network, usual OTA caveats apply. Likewise,
it's possible to get discount from AmEx AIP if you have US AmEx Platinum card, I can't validate this way, perhaps someone else can confirm.

Last edited by vincewy; May 17, 19 at 9:30 pm
Old May 16, 19, 8:59 pm
formerly corruptcanadian

Programs: aeroplan, Flying Blue, Priority Club, avios
Dates?
Old May 16, 19, 9:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by aeroman380 View Post
Dates?
Just go to aeromexico.com and it's wide open between June 1, 2019 and Feb 29, 2020. Some seasonal restrictions too but those dates are few.
Old May 16, 19, 9:24 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
I was just about to post this but great find! Usually the YYZ GRU market is $1500 USD so a nice discount... Source: My site PremiumCabinDeals

Montreal: 20754 MQMs, 27672 RDMs, 5534 MQDs
Toronto: 19884 MQMs, 26512 RDMs, 5302 MQDs
Vancouver: 21183 MQMs, 28444 RDMs, 5648 MQDs

Montreal to Sao Paulo

Vancouver to Sao Paulo

Toronto to Sao Paulo
Pocatello and vincewy like this.
Old May 16, 19, 9:35 pm
Original Poster

Also pointing out, you can get this fares from other Canadian cities for marginally more rather than trying to re-position to YYZ, YUL, or YVR.

For example, I can get YWG/YEG/YOW-SCL for $1678 USD with domestic connections in Westjet.
Old May 16, 19, 9:43 pm

Yvr-eze $2500cdn
yvr-lim $1500cdn
yvr-sjo $1050cdn
yvr-pty $932cdn
YVR-mex $791
YVR-cun $875
YVR-MAD $2800

Last edited by tracon; May 16, 19 at 9:56 pm
Old May 16, 19, 10:00 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
The CUN, MEX prices are normal..

For FlyingBlue the GRU route gives 108 XPs!

Double check if booking with Priceline that some flights show Y on the outbound even when selecting Business...
Another good one is GYE/UIO as they are over 2000 miles so extra XPs for FlyingBlue members.
Old May 17, 19, 9:22 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Looks like this is over? I'm pretty new to this so I'm not completely sure if I missed it or just don't know how to find it!
Old May 17, 19, 9:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jeff.marsh View Post
Looks like this is over? I'm pretty new to this so I'm not completely sure if I missed it or just don't know how to find it!
SCL can still be found easily. GRU, I need to use kayak.com and get the links generated. Either way, I wouldn't wait too long while they're still there.

There's also YYZ-UIO which would be the second cheapest in terms of cpm but I omitted in the beginning due to being 737s on all segments.

update: I'm still able to find YYZ-GRU, sample date Dec 25th - Dec 31st, on aeromexico.com ... at this point probably need to be flexible to get the low fares.

Last edited by vincewy; May 17, 19 at 9:53 pm
Old May 18, 19, 2:01 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, Delta 2MM, HHonors Gold, Nonvoy Platinum,
Just booked YVR-GRU. Receipt shows fare basis as ILNHJHOG but in fare calc I see the letter Q in there. Should I be good with the fare basis shown in the receipt. Nice fare at $1,124 but really need the MQD and MQM to be based on I fare, not Q. Nervous...
Old May 18, 19, 10:45 am
Original Poster

Fares are still there (to GRU and SCL). In addition to 3 gateways from Canada (YYZ,YUL, and YVR), I found you can also book from the following Canadian airports for marginally more (discussed earlier but found more options), mostly because WS offers connections from those gateways.

YYC, YEG, YWG, YQB, YXS, YQT, YOW, YHZ (limited dates with much higher addon charge for WS segments)

So check options from your nearby airports before thinking about positioning.

Another thing I found, especially from YYZ, if you book YYZ-GRU (or SCL) as round trip and trying to get this special fare, you'll most likely depart around midnight AM617, rather than AM693 (in the morning) and take another red eye to GRU.

I personally prefer day flights on both segments (at least not between midnight and 6am on YYZ-MEX), to get around the pricing, I'd book my flight this way and the special fare comes up, still available as of now for $1125 USD on Expedia

Dec 24th: YYZ-MEX AM693
Dec 25th: MEX-GRU AM16
Dec 31st: GRU-MEX-YYZ AM15/AM692

I'm not able to make the return with almost 24 hour connection (GRU-MEX and MEX-YYZ next day) but I believe it's due to holiday so other days will most likely work.

Correction from my prior post - It's fully refundable on Expedia within 24 hours, however this fare is nonrefundable after 24 hours so plan carefully.

Last edited by vincewy; May 18, 19 at 10:56 am
Old May 18, 19, 11:00 am

Programs: AC E50K, AS MVP, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond, Delta/Marriott/SPG Plat, UA Gold
Originally Posted by Mileage Lover View Post
Just booked YVR-GRU. Receipt shows fare basis as ILNHJHOG but in fare calc I see the letter Q in there. Should I be good with the fare basis shown in the receipt. Nice fare at $1,124 but really need the MQD and MQM to be based on I fare, not Q. Nervous...
O =/= Q

The first letter of the fare basis is generally the fare class, and in this case, I.
Old May 18, 19, 11:09 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, Delta 2MM, HHonors Gold, Nonvoy Platinum,
Originally Posted by Repooc17 View Post
O =/= Q

The first letter of the fare basis is generally the fare class, and in this case, I.
Great...so should earn 40% MQD on delta
Old May 20, 19, 11:55 am

Programs: DL Diamond 1MM, UX Suma Gold, Marriott Bonvoy™️ Gold, Hilton Gold, Avis Preferred, Hertz PC
Yes, this should earn 40% MQD on Delta.

Note that some people have encountered problems with I booking class, but Q as the first letter of the fare basis code in the past; the automatic posting is always correct, but when flights don't post automatically and they have to e-mail Delta with incomplete receipts (discussion in this thread: Aeromexico Fare Basis ), incorrect crediting can result.

But this itinerary has I in both the booking class and the first letter of the fare basis code, so you should be totally fine on this sale fare. Q only appears in the fare construction line, which isn't checked in the crediting process.

Happy flying!
Mileage Lover likes this.

Search this Thread