Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Odd United MCO-HKG-SIN-MCO pricing

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2019, 3:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, Frontier 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond/ Ambassador/ Milestoner

This is priced at MCO-HKG round-trip levels ($711), but it includes a HKG-SIN Cathay segment. It is a couple hundred dollars less than MCO-SIN.

https://www.google.com/flights#flt=M...;sd:1;t:f;tt:m

Looking at the 'fare codes', it seems to be pricing out as an MCO-HKG round-trip but with the Cathay segment and a week break in travel at SIN.

Thoughts? Must be purchased by tomorrow, 14May.
Old May 13, 2019, 6:47 pm

It's pricing out as a ORL-HKG r/t, with a stopover in SIN at an extra $100. HKG-SIN-SFO-MCO is a permitted routing from HKG-ORL for this fare.
Old May 13, 2019, 6:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, Frontier 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond/ Ambassador/ Milestoner
Except that without the SIN stop it is $716, and Cathay is not in *A so it should cost something extra.
Old May 13, 2019, 10:26 pm

Originally Posted by pretzlaff
Except that without the SIN stop it is $716, and Cathay is not in *A so it should cost something extra.
It doesn't work like that. UA has partnership with CX and KA on a few China/SE Asia routes. They also partner with HX and numerous other smaller airlines not in *A. You can read the entire fare rules on ITA Matrix which explains which airline can be combined, and see the routing table on ExpertFlyer. And as to why it is $716 without adding in the SIN stopover which supposedly costs an additional $100, it is because the fuel surcharge is messed up. I cannot tell you whether or not this is intentional, but UA has been charging less fuel surcharge to SE Asia and China than normal when combined with KA/CX, and to/from/through SIN. It has stayed this way for years. I suggest you dig into this thread for more details: UA, USA to China OJ from $303 ai
Old May 14, 2019, 7:40 am
Original Poster

Thanks. That all makes sense.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.