Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] ST: AZ NBO-LAX OW 977 euro - fully flexible J class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] ST: AZ NBO-LAX OW 977 euro - fully flexible J class

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2019, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by Utskicat
Just a shortcut for you in case you were unaware. In routing codes box, you can just but pure connection: FCO MIA JFK and then in Extension codes (2nd box) but alliance skyteam. Saves on the embedded airline code like you have shown. Also in extension code you can enter multiple codes with a semicolon f bc=j;alliance skyteam

Anyhoo...you probably knew, I just thought I'd point it out if not!
I did not know, so thank you for pointing this out!
Old Jun 4, 2019, 4:22 pm

Programs: AF/KL Gold, DL Diamond, Hertz PC, Bonvoy Gold Elite; Hilton Gold
Just a couple of routing issues for everyone to know about:
1) Just a heads for everyone regarding AZ7152 that operates NBO-GVA-FCO. This is a composite flight and since GVA is not in the published valid fare routing, you cannot get off in GVA. Also, the flight books and tickets as a single segment NBO-FCO and so all mileage earning is only NBO-FCO, not NBO-GVA-FCO. I've had a few PM's where people were thinking they could get better earning on the GVA flight, you CANNOT! If it fits your schedule, go for it, but don't select it for more earning.

2) There are routings that do not appear in the route table that work. The fare for example for NBO-JFK states that DL domestic routing rules dictate DL domestic segments. If you trying to build something like NBO-FCO-LAX-JFK, you cannot have a stopover more than 24 hours midpoint of Delta domestic legs. You should be able to put in a stopover at the US arrival gateway (NYC, MIA, LAX, ATL etc,) but not other places inside US.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 6:17 pm

Out of curiosity, where are people generally planning on crediting these?
Seems DL metal earned to DL nets miles/dollar spent so the premium fare doesn't get much

For AZ metal on EY? -- best option?
For AZ metal on KQ? -- best option?

For DL metal, VS seems a valuable option at 400% earnings.

Mostly seems will want to credit to at least 2 different airlines, but am curious to hear what people think.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by Surgee
Out of curiosity, where are people generally planning on crediting these?
Seems DL metal earned to DL nets miles/dollar spent so the premium fare doesn't get much

For AZ metal on EY? -- best option?
For AZ metal on KQ? -- best option?

For DL metal, VS seems a valuable option at 400% earnings.

Mostly seems will want to credit to at least 2 different airlines, but am curious to hear what people think.
How is this not amazing on DL?! You can get AZ flight numbers for entire trip, even via LAX to JFK.

NBO–FCO: 3346 miles on AZ in J. As a Diamond, earned 6692 MQM and 10707 redeemable miles.
FCO–LAX: 6319 miles on AZ in J. As a Diamond, earned 12638 MQM and 20221 redeemable miles.
LAX–JFK: 2439 miles on AZ in J. As a Diamond, earned 4878 MQM and 7805 redeemable miles.

Miles flown: 12104 this trip
MQM earned: 24208 this trip
Redeemable miles earned: 38733 this trip (based on Diamond status, still decent otherwise and incredible MQM)

And this is only ONE-WAY earnings.
FirstInFlight and Pocatello like this.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 8:53 am

How is this not amazing on DL?! You can get AZ flight numbers for entire trip, even via LAX to JFK.

NBO–FCO: 3346 miles on AZ in J. As a Diamond, earned 6692 MQM and 10707 redeemable miles.
FCO–LAX: 6319 miles on AZ in J. As a Diamond, earned 12638 MQM and 20221 redeemable miles.
LAX–JFK: 2439 miles on AZ in J. As a Diamond, earned 4878 MQM and 7805 redeemable miles.

Redeemable miles earned: 38733 this trip (based on Diamond status, still decent otherwise and incredible MQM)

Agreed, but what about other routings/segments? (for example, where to credit AZ flights on EY metal for anyone going via AUH? Or if you're booked on DL marketed flights? I'm just curious to see what people are thinking, especially the non DL or ST elite flyers out there. I don't have status on DL and am generally ST agnostic, but this is a great fare so want to make the most of it.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 8:56 am

I have not seen anyone post AZ flight numbers for all legs. Please share if you did!

edit to add: especially on NBO-LAX routing with JFK stopover.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 12:12 am

I have not seen anyone post AZ flight numbers for all legs. Please share if you did!

edit to add: especially on NBO-LAX routing with JFK stopover.
Using ITA Matrix there are lots of options for all AZ fly numbers on NBO FCO LAX JFK.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 1:12 pm

Using ITA Matrix there are lots of options for all AZ fly numbers on NBO FCO LAX JFK.
Looking to see if anyone has been able to do this (all AZ flight numbers) on NBO-FCO-JFK // LAX ?
Old Jun 6, 2019, 8:30 pm

Looking to see if anyone has been able to do this (all AZ flight numbers) on NBO-FCO-JFK // LAX ?
Sorry if I wasn't clear. Yes. Many have done it. I have done it. It seems from your post you cannot find any options. Are you using ITA Matrix? They are easy to find. Let us know more specific info you are looking for like dates etc.

Pocatello likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 8:40 pm

Also, the other way around all AZ is possible too, NBO-FCO-JFK-LAX:

NBO-FCO-JFK-LAX
Old Jun 7, 2019, 12:45 pm

Finally booked via DL.com

NBO-GVA-FCO-JFK(DL) // LGA-MIA // MIA-LGA // JFK-FCO(AZ)-AUH(overnight)-NBO
All in J
AZ flight numbers on all except LGA-MIA-LGA which I couldn't seem to make work
I could not get a stopover in AUH which I wanted, but may call DL in the future to see if they push out the final AUH-NBO segment as surges and surgee+1 sort out our travel plans.
$2107pp x 2

Anyone else have luck with AUH stopover?

Will credit the AZ, KQ, and DL flights to DL, but not sure yet where to credit the EY operated AZ flights...
Old Jun 8, 2019, 11:07 am

SFO Stopover Yet Achieved?

Was anyone able to get SFO stopover yet NBO to LAX or JFK?
Thank you all!
Old Jun 8, 2019, 10:21 pm

Originally Posted by thaitraveller
Was anyone able to get SFO stopover yet NBO to LAX or JFK?
Thank you all!
I answered this in great detail. Yes, you can do it. Don’t keep asking the same question when it’s been answered.
ElJudioErrante likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 11:27 am

Just booked this via Priceline for $1,096 with a 2 day stop over in FCO and 5 day stopover in Chicago NBO>ORD>LAX all on AZ Metal. Thanks OP!
Old Jun 9, 2019, 1:08 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by DeltaFan1
Just booked this via Priceline for $1,096 with a 2 day stop over in FCO and 5 day stopover in Chicago NBO>ORD>LAX all on AZ Metal. Thanks OP!
No way that ORD-LAX is on AZ metal. That would have to be DL metal.

Is it ORD-LAX nonstop, or with a stop? How did you get AZ flight numbers despite a stop in Chicago?

I followed the previous instructions on here and could replicate AZ flight numbers all the way through for short connections, but once a multi-day stop was introduced at the US port of entry (in my case, LAX, to then continue LAX-JFK-MIA) then the onward US domestic flights ONLY came up as DL flight numbers. There was no way they ever came up as AZ flight numbers, once a stopover was introduced.

If someone can correct me here, I would love that, but for example I did NBO-FCO-LAX-JFK-MIA. 3 day stopover @ LAX. Once I did that, I could only get LAX-JFK-MIA. I even looked up the AZ codeshare number for the DL domestic LAX-JFK, but ITA would always error out and not find it. I believe this has something to do with the codeshare only being able to be used in conjunction with certain other flights, e.g. within close proximity of the AZ operated AZ marketed FCO-LAX flight preceding this one on the ticket - but I would love to be proven wrong (so I can rebook with all, or more, AZ flight numbers!)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.