Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] ST: AZ NBO-LAX OW 977 euro - fully flexible J class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] ST: AZ NBO-LAX OW 977 euro - fully flexible J class

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2019, 2:35 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Unobtainium, Delta Diamond
how do I position to NBO at a reasonable price?

hmmmmmm.........
Old May 12, 2019, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by Guanran Wang
Delta segments can be priced for TATL, and it earns 400%-640% miles with Virgin Atlantic and 480TP, 200% for AZ/DL program.
AZ segments can earn 300% miles with Etihad Guest.

Can be a potential Status run for Delta, 40K MQM, 10K MQD.
But I am crediting it to VA and EY, 20K EY miles and 54K VA miles.

40K MQM and 10K MQD for the RT, correct? My calculations only give me around 20K MQM and 4K MQD for OW
Old May 12, 2019, 4:33 pm

"J" class credits to Delta as follows for MQM and MQD:

Delta: 200% // ???
Alitalia: 200% // 40%
Kenya: 100% // 20%
Air France: 200% // 40%

Is this considered a 100% Alitalia flight, and thus the Delta and the Kenya flights get credited towards Delta according to the Alitalia earnings?

If the Kenya Airlines and the Delta flights credit at 200% this is much more attractive.
Old May 12, 2019, 4:36 pm

I found this routing pretty easily:

NBO-FCO;FCO-MIA;MIA-ATL-LAX;

but I can't find a routing from Rome to Paris in order to get an Air France plane to Los Angeles.
Old May 12, 2019, 6:59 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
All business class base fares filed by AZ on this route are the exact same amount. So by all means book into full J ;-)

same fare to JFK/BOS/ORD

Last edited by stephem; May 12, 2019 at 8:13 pm
Old May 12, 2019, 10:34 pm

I booked NBO-FCO /4days/ FCO-ORD /3 months/ JFK-LAX on KQ, AZ, DL. First two on AZ stock.

Couldn't find anything with alternative layovers in Europe, but plenty of bouncing around you can do in the US. You can route your NBO-ORD/JFK flight via LAX, if desired.
E55 likes this.
Old May 13, 2019, 1:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Pocatello
"J" class credits to Delta as follows for MQM and MQD:

Delta: 200% // ???
Alitalia: 200% // 40%
Kenya: 100% // 20%
Air France: 200% // 40%

Is this considered a 100% Alitalia flight, and thus the Delta and the Kenya flights get credited towards Delta according to the Alitalia earnings?

If the Kenya Airlines and the Delta flights credit at 200% this is much more attractive.
DL credits based on the marketing carrier of each flight, with requirement that operating carrier be part of ST for any credit. Thus AZ coded flight number earn per AZ scheme even if operated by DL/AF/KL/etc... An AZ coded EY operated flight earns nothing.
Utskicat likes this.
Old May 13, 2019, 2:30 am

Programs: AF/KL Gold, DL Diamond, Hertz PC, Bonvoy Gold Elite; Hilton Gold
Update. I've booked and cancelled about 4 tickets today trying to sort out the best route. In the end, its still a lot of money to originate in North America, but still worth it.

First I booked NBO-FCO-CDG-LAX. (I live in Toronto so YYZ or BUF are my home airport options). Needed to find a way home from LAX. FCO-CDG was on AZ metal which I didn't love. This was booked on Alitalia.com. Called in and cancelled easily.
Next I found a routing with no AZ metal. Booked on Priceline. NBO-FCO-ATL-LAX (All AZ marketed but operated KQ/DL/DL. ATL-LAX was in DL 777-200LR! At this point I realized that Priceline issued the ticket on DL 006 stock and the whole itinerary automatically appeared in delta.com.
Then I read the post above about the LAX routing for JFK. Mind blown. Found NBO-FCO-LAX-JFK. Marketed AZ/AZ/DL. Operated KQ/AZ/DL. But now since I realized the ticket stock was DL006, I didn't mind the AZ metal FCO-LAX since Delta will protect me if AZ goes belly up. Once I had this ticketed and confirmed 006 stock, I cancelled the previous ticket on priceline (no fee).

Regarding the outbound. AF has a good fare BOS-NBO. Was able to tack on BUF-BOS end-on-end via ITA Matrix and with BookWithMatrix port the whole thing over to Delta.com for direct ticketing using AF flight no's for the long hauls (maximum accrual for rdm).

Ended up with the following (all routes maximized for both RDM and MQM earn)
BUF-DL/DL-BOS-DL/DL-DTW-AF/AF-CDG-AF/KQ-NBO (ALL in Z business class) USD $2137
NBO-AZ/KQ-FCO-AZ/AZ-LAX-DL/DL-JFK (All in J business class) USD $1036

Total Cost = $3173
MQM = 37,841 (Will put me well over Diamond for first time)
RDM = 49,38`

COMPARISON NOTE: I could have booked a simple Round trip on AF/KL in Z from YYZ as follows: YYZ-AF/AF-CDG-AF/KQ-NBO-KL/KL-AMS-KL/KL-YYZ for USD $3021. It would have been faster, closer to home (YYZ vs BUF) and no JFK-BUF end positioning. But the MQM earn would have been way less: MQM 23,424 and RDM 46,862.

Last note: I actually do have to go to NBO for work. (I'm an Office 365 Trainer). So it has a real world purpose and not "just" a mileage run!

Happy Travels everyone!
Old May 13, 2019, 2:35 am

Originally Posted by flyerCO
DL credits based on the marketing carrier of each flight, with requirement that operating carrier be part of ST for any credit. Thus AZ coded flight number earn per AZ scheme even if operated by DL/AF/KL/etc... An AZ coded EY operated flight earns nothing.
FlyerCO makes a VERY IMPORTANT point. The flights operated on Etihad (EY) do NOT get any Skymiles accrual even thought AZ flight numbers. Beware! Beware!

Last edited by Utskicat; Jun 6, 2019 at 8:53 pm
Old May 13, 2019, 2:38 am

Do we all think this is an intentional fare? I was sure it was a mistake yesterday when posted, but its been up a while. Also, I've noticed quite a few days in July that CDG-LAX on AF has 0 J left. I'm guessing this is the culprit. I wonder what AF rev mgmt will think of having their J inventory taken up by this.
Old May 13, 2019, 6:28 am

Programs: QRPC Plat; Marriott Plat; Hilton Gold
Booked for 2020... now I want to know what happens when AZ goes under. The only AZ operated flight I have is FCO-CDG-FCO

I booked on an amex plat
Old May 13, 2019, 7:25 am
formerly Guanran Wang

Programs: Alaska, BAEC, Asiana, Aegean, Enrich, Marriott/SPG, Hilton
I feel the most valuable earning is the 400%-640% mileage earn rate on VA Flying Club, Need DL/AF segments.
Old May 13, 2019, 7:46 am

What are you using to book these? I keep getting kicked out at the billing portion of the AZ site.

edit
Finally got a ticket thru using bookwithmatrix rather than going direct from gf.

Last edited by Ski_Bum; May 13, 2019 at 5:19 pm Reason: Found answer
Old May 13, 2019, 8:35 am

Has anyone been able to route via or stopover in AMS?

Nvmd. not possible according to EF fare rules...

Last edited by Surgee; May 13, 2019 at 8:52 am
Old May 13, 2019, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by Utskicat
Then I read the post above about the LAX routing for JFK. Mind blown.
Heh, I feel like I rarely give back anything useful to the forum. But not today!
AOH and Utskicat like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.