Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Best site to find flights with flexible dates and at least 2 stopovers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best site to find flights with flexible dates and at least 2 stopovers

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2019, 1:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Miles & More
Exclamation Best site to find flights with flexible dates and at least 2 stopovers

I live in Poland (WRO) and I go back to Italy (BLQ) every month.

I am a freelance and I have a lot of flexibility (I can leave any day of the week at any time).

I would like to become a Star Alliance frequent flyer (at least 30 segments).

So I thought about taking flights with at least 2 stopovers.

Is there a site where I can filter flights with at least 2 stopovers in a whole month (without dates)?
Old May 9, 2019, 4:01 pm

Programs: AC SE
matrix.itasoftware.com
open up the advanced controls and in the left hand field (routing codes) enter "f f f+" which means 3 or more flights on any airline. Given the options with LO,SN,LH,LX in Europe I'd go with that first.
If you want only LH for example you could also do "LH LH LH+". Welcome to the hobby!
Old May 10, 2019, 1:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by YXXFlyer
open up the advanced controls and in the left hand field (routing codes) enter "f f f+" which means 3 or more flights on any airline. Given the options with LO,SN,LH,LX in Europe I'd go with that first.
If you want only LH for example you could also do "LH LH LH+". Welcome to the hobby!
Great, thank you
Old May 10, 2019, 12:18 pm

Programs: AC SE
Thinking about it some more, here's a couple more things you can do:
  • You can use a , to give ita a choice of airlines. If for example only LO and LH flew to your home airport, you could make it "LO,LH f f+". Swap around the sequence on the way back. This would ensure you only get star alliance fares.
  • Occasionally try adding more f's to your sequence because their search algorithm is lazy by design. It will not be very likely to find fares with 4 or 5 flights for example unless you force it to. Usually once I've found an interesting price I start pushing the boundaries using this technique.
  • Figure out which fare classes do actually count for your segments. I'm assuming some "basic economy" fares would not be eligible. For example, I always pick "V" on Air Canada because it's the cheapest economy fare that will yield 100% miles internationally. You can guide ita towards those by using "f bc=v" in the "extension code" field for example, if you only want fares that are V.
Old May 14, 2019, 10:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by YXXFlyer
Thinking about it some more, here's a couple more things you can do:
  • You can use a , to give ita a choice of airlines. If for example only LO and LH flew to your home airport, you could make it "LO,LH f f+". Swap around the sequence on the way back. This would ensure you only get star alliance fares.
  • Occasionally try adding more f's to your sequence because their search algorithm is lazy by design. It will not be very likely to find fares with 4 or 5 flights for example unless you force it to. Usually once I've found an interesting price I start pushing the boundaries using this technique.
  • Figure out which fare classes do actually count for your segments. I'm assuming some "basic economy" fares would not be eligible. For example, I always pick "V" on Air Canada because it's the cheapest economy fare that will yield 100% miles internationally. You can guide ita towards those by using "f bc=v" in the "extension code" field for example, if you only want fares that are V.

Thank you!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.