Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] LX/LH Companion Fares exUK in First & Biz (from 999GBP per person)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] LX/LH Companion Fares exUK in First & Biz (from 999GBP per person)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2019, 6:07 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Eurobonus Silver, ALL Gold
Rats... oh well at least the return leg then.

Thaks for your concern I am indeed on top of local news, but not worried a bit. A prolounged closure would in my case be a blessing in disguise!
Old Aug 12, 2019, 6:09 am

Originally Posted by more4less

Since March 2018 or so, award miles are based on the fare paid, but in any case it looks very little miles
Is that march 2019? I got 16k mikes with a P fare back in December (on LH) and I didnt pay 4k euros.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 7:47 am

Originally Posted by Maestro Ramen
Is that march 2019? I got 16k mikes with a P fare back in December (on LH) and I didnt pay 4k euros.
That's unusual since it has been like this since March 2018.
M&M had 25-years-anniversary last year and did a 25x award-miles-promotion for bookings made Sep 1st to 31st 2018 for flights until Dec 2018. Maybe that's why you got that many?
Old Aug 14, 2019, 6:39 am

Originally Posted by alp67
That's unusual since it has been like this since March 2018.
M&M had 25-years-anniversary last year and did a 25x award-miles-promotion for bookings made Sep 1st to 31st 2018 for flights until Dec 2018. Maybe that's why you got that many?
mystery solved! I remembered that the first leg was actually ticketed on a NH code, so that must be why I was able to receive "normal miles" for both legs (despite the return on a lh code).

Not impressed with the miles received for this trip but well, that wasnt the point.

Leaving HK tonight, once again a huge thanks for posting this fantastic deal^^
Old Aug 14, 2019, 8:26 am

Programs: Flyers Talk
Originally Posted by BlueHorizonUK
The offer is back

SWISS
Business - https://www.swiss.com/gb/en/Book/OfferBook/Group/w8a4
First - https://www.swiss.com/gb/en/Book/OfferBook/Group/Z9a4

Lufthansa
Business - https://www.lufthansa.com/gb/en/companion-business
First - https://www.lufthansa.com/gb/en/companion-first

All flights require a minimum stay of six days, including a weekend.

Maximum duration of stay is three months.

Travel period: 01.06.2019 - 30.03.2020 (China 10.06.2019 - 14.02.2020)

This offer is valid until May 19, 2019.
No more available on both LH/LX
Old Aug 14, 2019, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by BlueHorizonUK
The offer is back....
This offer is valid until May 19, 2019.
Originally Posted by Wolfgang.Moehle
No more available on both LH/LX
??
Probably because May 19, 2019 was the last day
Old Aug 14, 2019, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by Maestro Ramen
mystery solved! I remembered that the first leg was actually ticketed on a NH code, so that must be why I was able to receive "normal miles" for both legs (despite the return on a lh code).

Not impressed with the miles received for this trip but well, that wasnt the point.

Leaving HK tonight, once again a huge thanks for posting this fantastic deal^^
Glad you made it without disruption^

Just for clarification, the flight code is not relevant for M&M new rules to credit award miles, it's the ticket stock the ticket has been issued on. All tickets issued by LH-group can be tracked down for the price by M&M. From others they can't get the price tag (like UA 016), so you'll get award miles based on booking class and distance flown. In other words, your 2018 ticket must have been issued by another (no LH-group) airline on their ticket stock.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by alp67
Glad you made it without disruption^

Just for clarification, the flight code is not relevant for M&M new rules to credit award miles, it's the ticket stock the ticket has been issued on. All tickets issued by LH-group can be tracked down for the price by M&M. From others they can't get the price tag (like UA 016), so you'll get award miles based on booking class and distance flown. In other words, your 2018 ticket must have been issued by another (no LH-group) airline on their ticket stock.
We left London for Shanghai in April and got credited full mileage on both legs (Munich - Pudong, Pudong - Zurich), flying with LH and LX. I couldn't find any hint why and how this was possible, but it was a nice extra to this great deal!
alp67 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.