Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] LX/LH Companion Fares exUK in First & Biz (from 999GBP per person)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] LX/LH Companion Fares exUK in First & Biz (from 999GBP per person)

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2019, 7:09 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Originally Posted by pogonation
I would go for a family account with either A3 or NH. Earn and burn rates are good with A3 and they also allow a family account. Eurobonus rates are relatively high and earn rates aren't amazing either.
Buyer beware. If those booked into the P fare bucket, then you earn no miles on most FFP for LH metal and 100% for LX metal.
Old May 15, 2019, 2:13 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by fransknorge
Buyer beware. If those booked into the P fare bucket, then you earn no miles on most FFP for LH metal and 100% for LX metal.
Thanks for this. We’ve just booked in to some P fares LHR - HKG. Looking at wheretocredit it seems there aren’t a huge amount of options at 100%. I usually earn on BA, so just wondering what’s the best FFP to put this earning into. I see CX gives 100%.

Any thoughts?
Old May 15, 2019, 4:53 am
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

What routing and what airlines ?
Old May 15, 2019, 6:25 am

What routing and what airlines ?
LHR - FRA - HKG (all LH) and returning HKG - FRA - LCY ( last sector CLH) in P
Old May 15, 2019, 9:19 am
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

Old May 15, 2019, 4:47 pm

Thanks for this. Still debating where to post that will benefit my travel the most, and it would be a shame to throw it to a FFP where it just sits and expires!
Old May 17, 2019, 3:42 pm

Programs: Flying Blue
Hi, I never posted before but have been lurking since a couple of years.
I just wanted to say thank you for opening this thread. This year my wife and I started our own business and because of this we have to travel a couple of times per year to asia.
We booked our tickets through this offer, which i found thanks to this board. It gives me the opportunity to experience Lufthansa F for the first time in my life. So I am very excited about it.
In august we will travel Shanghai in LH F , and in November to Hong Kong in LH P . Really nice stuff to look forward to.
Thanks again.
Old May 17, 2019, 4:04 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Welcome FlyingFrodo. We look forward to your continued participation.

Happy Travels
vantage03 and FlyingFrodo like this.
Old May 18, 2019, 2:15 am

Programs: BA Silver (temp demotion), *A Silver, HH Gold, IHG Diamond
More thanks; just booked an anniversary trip to Zanzibar (via Dar). Seriously, I wonder how this works as the 'full fare' was Ł5006 and we paid Ł1006 each. Decent flight times too.

We plumped to put our miles into SAS as this fare earned 10k miles and that's enough for a RT on some SAS flights.
Old May 19, 2019, 1:54 am

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by SavvyTravel
More thanks; just booked an anniversary trip to Zanzibar (via Dar). Seriously, I wonder how this works as the 'full fare' was Ł5006 and we paid Ł1006 each. Decent flight times too.

We plumped to put our miles into SAS as this fare earned 10k miles and that's enough for a RT on some SAS flights.
@SavvyTravel - any more details on your routing and dates for this Zanzibar fare?
Old May 19, 2019, 3:30 am

Programs: BA Silver (temp demotion), *A Silver, HH Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by stringymacca

@SavvyTravel - any more details on your routing and dates for this Zanzibar fare?
Of course (sorry for the delay - especially as today is the last day to book).

LHR- ZHR-DAR out 23/24 Jan back 1 Feb. [ And we decided to have an overnight in ZRH to make the outbound a bit more relaxed (lounge before the LHR-ZRH flight, then breakfast in ZRH lounge etc rather than a 3am leaving home affair for a 6am check in at LHR. We will get the ferry to and from ZAN; or possibly fly.

Note that you can also route via GVA and ZRH which gets you a few more miles and an opportunity to city hop - for about Ł30 extra per person.

Here is the matrix search

And the results

And the fare rules

That's when the GVA hop might be useful as it takes you over 10,000 SAS Eurobonus miles which is the cheapest RT 'free' fare in Scandinavia (eg Bergen to Svalbard is 5,000 e/w).

Interesting I booked via the Swiss German link, re-set the country / language to the UK and the fare priced at Ł1006 so cheaper than Matrix (a first for me!).
Old Aug 12, 2019, 4:30 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Eurobonus Silver, ALL Gold
Just in the middle of my trip to HK (thanks again for the tip - a bit badly timed but riots not affecting us, unlike the locals )

I just noticed that the first leg was only credited 2.2k award miles (for 6.8k status miles); surely there's a mistake there
Old Aug 12, 2019, 4:42 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by Maestro Ramen
Just in the middle of my trip to HK (thanks again for the tip - a bit badly timed but riots not affecting us, unlike the locals )

I just noticed that the first leg was only credited 2.2k award miles (for 6.8k status miles); surely there's a mistake there
Since March 2018 or so, award miles are based on the fare paid, but in any case it looks very little miles
Old Aug 12, 2019, 4:54 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Eurobonus Silver, ALL Gold
Disgusting... i saw they switched to pro rata now like af/kl

going to make an ANA card and credit everything there from now.

Any chance theyll let me cancel the outbound leg so I can recredit?
Old Aug 12, 2019, 6:01 am

Disgusting... i saw they switched to pro rata now like af/kl

going to make an ANA card and credit everything there from now.

Any chance theyll let me cancel the outbound leg so I can recredit?
Don't think so, tried once similar thing, no luck.
At the moment I would be more concerned about HKG airport closure, if you haven't arrived yet?
Maestro Ramen likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.