Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Int'l MR - what to say to border agent

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Int'l MR - what to say to border agent

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2019, 2:58 pm

A classic tale of Canadian immigration on a MR in the old days:
Originally Posted by timid_trnchcoat
The bottom line was he wasn't buying any of MR reasons, claiming no one comes to Calgary 12 hours after having travelled 12 already. I asked if there was an internet kiosk available, and suprisingly, he seemed willing to entertain my plea. I told him about FT. The PC he was using at the immigration counter had Internet access so I fed him the URL. I then cited the Mileage Run, saying many people take circuitous routes to a farwaway destination only to turn around and do it all over again. I didn't have an angle on the monitor, but knowing the site design by heart, I talked him exactly to the thread which I found the fare. I told him I would be completing an AA challenge on this trip. He said it was a waste of money and he surmised that if I wanted to do this again that I should do it in my own country. It was about 12:30am when he was done questioning me and reluctantly let me go
Pocatello likes this.
Old May 6, 2019, 8:31 pm

Programs: QF SG(LTS) - AA LTG(1MM)
Sometimes it is worthwhile spending 12 hours at a new location simply to get the "feeling" of whether a reasonable vacation is going to be a future option. No lying required. The fact that this trip also permits lounge access to be maintained for vacation trips is a side benefit.

Just wandering
Fred

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.