Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] CA: YUL-HAV lie flat rt $401 CAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] CA: YUL-HAV lie flat rt $401 CAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2019, 11:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Best Western Diamond Selec
Originally Posted by Admiral Ackbar
I cancelled a CA J ticket last year within 24 hours using a link on the manage bookings page, no calling required. Was painless and was refunded quickly.

EDIT: I paid a $100 cancel fee so was not a 24 hour refund (was on a J ticket I had booked it but found a better deal on ANA) but I did it online.
When I try booking flash sale fares, I like booking on US sites despite paying foreign transaction fees on my credit card because they give us at least 24 hours free cancellation, and clearly stated so. Priceline doesn't seem to count weekends, so if I booked on Friday, they'd give me until Monday to sort out!

For this fare, I tried US sites, but I didn't find any that able to issue tickets to Cuba.

The charge finally posted to my Visa. Is it too early to think CA will honor it?
Old Mar 28, 2019, 12:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by LearningToFly

Do you know if CA flights to Cuba earn Aeroplan miles?
I didn’t look.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 3:04 am

Originally Posted by maverikbc
When I try booking flash sale fares, I like booking on US sites despite paying foreign transaction fees on my credit card because they give us at least 24 hours free cancellation, and clearly stated so. Priceline doesn't seem to count weekends, so if I booked on Friday, they'd give me until Monday to sort out!

For this fare, I tried US sites, but I didn't find any that able to issue tickets to Cuba.

The charge finally posted to my Visa. Is it too early to think CA will honor it?
I think someone here booked this for the Easter weekend, so I guess we will find out in three weeks....
Old Mar 28, 2019, 6:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium

US airlines/TA have to ensure the transaction complies with US law regarding Cuban financial transactions. No way to do that for an airline outside the US.
Admiral Ackbar likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 10:37 am

Ticket confirmed, seats chosen, charge posted to Visa. I'm the one who booked for the Easter weekend. How will I know if the ticket is honoured or not? At the desk? It would be late, since I will have booked hotels by then. What are you doing in such a case? I'm suddenly anxious.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by LearningToFly
Ticket confirmed, seats chosen, charge posted to Visa. I'm the one who booked for the Easter weekend. How will I know if the ticket is honoured or not? At the desk? It would be late, since I will have booked hotels by then. What are you doing in such a case? I'm suddenly anxious.
I think if CA wasn't going to honour the bookings we would have been notified by now. With the YUL-HAV route being such a niche market, I don't imagine too many people took advantage of the pricing error.

If you are concerned, maybe just call customer service with some sort of innocuous question, and while you have someone on the line, ask them to confirm that everything is in order?
Old Mar 28, 2019, 4:08 pm

So I called CA and asked if the tourist visa would be provided by the airline. The rep said yes it would, either at the airport or onboard. I forgot to ask if there was a fee, sorry about that, but I suspect there is none. Nothing seems wrong with the reservation, she confirmed my seats selection in business. Thanks to all for your answers.
mykel67 likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 9:32 am

Update. I'm departing tomorrow on CA879 from YUL to HAV. I just tried to check online, and at the very end of the process I got a message telling that my checkin had failed. Tried again, failed again. After that, my reservation just disappeared. Now I get a message saying that it does not exist anymore. It just vanished. I've been on hold with Air China for an hour and still waiting. Any thoughts?
Old Apr 18, 2019, 4:23 pm

YIKES! I see that you already spoke to them about the visa on March 28 and posted about that, did you check your flight confirmation and info with them at that point? Were you charged the full amount on your credit card? Had you already selected seats?

Please keep us posted.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 1:07 pm

Finally made it

Update. I'm departing tomorrow on CA879 from YUL to HAV. I just tried to check online, and at the very end of the process I got a message telling that my checkin had failed. Tried again, failed again. After that, my reservation just disappeared. Now I get a message saying that it does not exist anymore. It just vanished. I've been on hold with Air China for an hour and still waiting. Any thoughts?
Old Apr 19, 2019, 1:08 pm

Finally made it
Old Apr 19, 2019, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have a friend who is flying this today. He sent me an email saying that “there is a sign on the check in desk advertising upgrading to business class for $800 CAD ONE WAY! That is double the amount that I paid for a return ticket!”
Old Apr 19, 2019, 7:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Best Western Diamond Selec
Originally Posted by margarita girl
I have a friend who is flying this today. He sent me an email saying that “there is a sign on the check in desk advertising upgrading to business class for $800 CAD ONE WAY! That is double the amount that I paid for a return ticket!”
Your friend is in J?

It sounds like CA is asking a lot of money, although I'm curious how are their soft products like. It's about the same money HX was asking LAX-HKG, and about half for DPS-HKG.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Your friend is in J?

It sounds like CA is asking a lot of money, although I'm curious how are their soft products like. It's about the same money HX was asking LAX-HKG, and about half for DPS-HKG.
Yes, he got in on this deal.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 6:26 pm

Air China YUL-HAV: no menus (FA says: chicken with rice, beef with rice or steak) no amenity kit, tight seats, very short seats, angled seat on that 787, only Chinese wine (no comment) while CA did not delivered the paid visa (to Cuba) on-board to at least 2 pax, including myself. Lots of trouble.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.