Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] CA: YUL-HAV lie flat rt $401 CAD

[PREM FARE GONE] CA: YUL-HAV lie flat rt $401 CAD

Old Mar 28, 19, 12:43 am
  #46  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: YVR
Programs: DL Silver, HU Gold, IHG Spire Elite, Best Western Plat Diamond, Accor Silver
Posts: 296
Originally Posted by Admiral Ackbar View Post
I cancelled a CA J ticket last year within 24 hours using a link on the manage bookings page, no calling required. Was painless and was refunded quickly.

EDIT: I paid a $100 cancel fee so was not a 24 hour refund (was on a J ticket I had booked it but found a better deal on ANA) but I did it online.
When I try booking flash sale fares, I like booking on US sites despite paying foreign transaction fees on my credit card because they give us at least 24 hours free cancellation, and clearly stated so. Priceline doesn't seem to count weekends, so if I booked on Friday, they'd give me until Monday to sort out!

For this fare, I tried US sites, but I didn't find any that able to issue tickets to Cuba.

The charge finally posted to my Visa. Is it too early to think CA will honor it?
maverikbc is offline  
Old Mar 28, 19, 1:25 am
  #47  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto vicinity
Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E50, Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 13,337
Originally Posted by LearningToFly View Post

Do you know if CA flights to Cuba earn Aeroplan miles?
I didn’t look.
margarita girl is offline  
Old Mar 28, 19, 4:04 am
  #48  
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 180
Originally Posted by maverikbc View Post
When I try booking flash sale fares, I like booking on US sites despite paying foreign transaction fees on my credit card because they give us at least 24 hours free cancellation, and clearly stated so. Priceline doesn't seem to count weekends, so if I booked on Friday, they'd give me until Monday to sort out!

For this fare, I tried US sites, but I didn't find any that able to issue tickets to Cuba.

The charge finally posted to my Visa. Is it too early to think CA will honor it?
I think someone here booked this for the Easter weekend, so I guess we will find out in three weeks....
mykel67 is offline  
Old Mar 28, 19, 7:10 am
  #49  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: San Antonio
Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 18,820
Originally Posted by maverikbc View Post
When I try booking flash sale fares, I like booking on US sites despite paying foreign transaction fees on my credit card because they give us at least 24 hours free cancellation, and clearly stated so. Priceline doesn't seem to count weekends, so if I booked on Friday, they'd give me until Monday to sort out!

For this fare, I tried US sites, but I didn't find any that able to issue tickets to Cuba.

The charge finally posted to my Visa. Is it too early to think CA will honor it?
US airlines/TA have to ensure the transaction complies with US law regarding Cuban financial transactions. No way to do that for an airline outside the US.
Admiral Ackbar likes this.
flyerCO is offline  
Old Mar 28, 19, 11:37 am
  #50  
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: YUL
Posts: 898
Ticket confirmed, seats chosen, charge posted to Visa. I'm the one who booked for the Easter weekend. How will I know if the ticket is honoured or not? At the desk? It would be late, since I will have booked hotels by then. What are you doing in such a case? I'm suddenly anxious.
LearningToFly is offline  
Old Mar 28, 19, 1:55 pm
  #51  
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 180
Originally Posted by LearningToFly View Post
Ticket confirmed, seats chosen, charge posted to Visa. I'm the one who booked for the Easter weekend. How will I know if the ticket is honoured or not? At the desk? It would be late, since I will have booked hotels by then. What are you doing in such a case? I'm suddenly anxious.
I think if CA wasn't going to honour the bookings we would have been notified by now. With the YUL-HAV route being such a niche market, I don't imagine too many people took advantage of the pricing error.

If you are concerned, maybe just call customer service with some sort of innocuous question, and while you have someone on the line, ask them to confirm that everything is in order?
mykel67 is offline  
Old Mar 28, 19, 5:08 pm
  #52  
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: YUL
Posts: 898
So I called CA and asked if the tourist visa would be provided by the airline. The rep said yes it would, either at the airport or onboard. I forgot to ask if there was a fee, sorry about that, but I suspect there is none. Nothing seems wrong with the reservation, she confirmed my seats selection in business. Thanks to all for your answers.
mykel67 likes this.
LearningToFly is offline  
Old Apr 18, 19, 10:32 am
  #53  
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: YUL
Posts: 898
Update. I'm departing tomorrow on CA879 from YUL to HAV. I just tried to check online, and at the very end of the process I got a message telling that my checkin had failed. Tried again, failed again. After that, my reservation just disappeared. Now I get a message saying that it does not exist anymore. It just vanished. I've been on hold with Air China for an hour and still waiting. Any thoughts?
LearningToFly is offline  
Old Apr 18, 19, 5:23 pm
  #54  
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 43
YIKES! I see that you already spoke to them about the visa on March 28 and posted about that, did you check your flight confirmation and info with them at that point? Were you charged the full amount on your credit card? Had you already selected seats?

Please keep us posted.
Steveman is offline  
Old Apr 19, 19, 2:07 pm
  #55  
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: YUL
Posts: 898
Finally made it

Update. I'm departing tomorrow on CA879 from YUL to HAV. I just tried to check online, and at the very end of the process I got a message telling that my checkin had failed. Tried again, failed again. After that, my reservation just disappeared. Now I get a message saying that it does not exist anymore. It just vanished. I've been on hold with Air China for an hour and still waiting. Any thoughts?
LearningToFly is offline  
Old Apr 19, 19, 2:08 pm
  #56  
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: YUL
Posts: 898
Finally made it
LearningToFly is offline  
Old Apr 19, 19, 2:35 pm
  #57  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto vicinity
Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E50, Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 13,337
I have a friend who is flying this today. He sent me an email saying that “there is a sign on the check in desk advertising upgrading to business class for $800 CAD ONE WAY! That is double the amount that I paid for a return ticket!”
margarita girl is offline  
Old Apr 19, 19, 8:15 pm
  #58  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: YVR
Programs: DL Silver, HU Gold, IHG Spire Elite, Best Western Plat Diamond, Accor Silver
Posts: 296
Originally Posted by margarita girl View Post
I have a friend who is flying this today. He sent me an email saying that “there is a sign on the check in desk advertising upgrading to business class for $800 CAD ONE WAY! That is double the amount that I paid for a return ticket!”
Your friend is in J?

It sounds like CA is asking a lot of money, although I'm curious how are their soft products like. It's about the same money HX was asking LAX-HKG, and about half for DPS-HKG.
maverikbc is offline  
Old Apr 19, 19, 8:19 pm
  #59  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto vicinity
Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E50, Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 13,337
Originally Posted by maverikbc View Post
Your friend is in J?

It sounds like CA is asking a lot of money, although I'm curious how are their soft products like. It's about the same money HX was asking LAX-HKG, and about half for DPS-HKG.
Yes, he got in on this deal.
margarita girl is offline  
Old Apr 20, 19, 7:26 pm
  #60  
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: YUL
Posts: 898
Air China YUL-HAV: no menus (FA says: chicken with rice, beef with rice or steak) no amenity kit, tight seats, very short seats, angled seat on that 787, only Chinese wine (no comment) while CA did not delivered the paid visa (to Cuba) on-board to at least 2 pax, including myself. Lots of trouble.
LearningToFly is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: