Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] CA: YUL-HAV lie flat rt $401 CAD

[PREM FARE GONE] CA: YUL-HAV lie flat rt $401 CAD

Old Mar 23, 2019, 2:45 pm

Thank you to the OP! I just booked this for August 9-24. Planning on splitting up the stay between Havana, a beach resort or two, and a colonial town. What a great deal!
Old Mar 23, 2019, 2:48 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by LearningToFly
J'aime aussi voyager. Do you know if the tourist visa is included on the ticket, and where I can see it in that case? Merci.
Personal experience 4 years ago and with Cayman... they sold a "visa" on the plane for 20 or 25 USD... Kinda like filling out the old USA Customs form but paying for the form...
Old Mar 23, 2019, 9:07 pm

Thanks. Not sure that Cayman is the same thing as Cuba though.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 9:53 pm

BTW, why is the first row in Business Class #1 1 and not #1 ?
Old Mar 24, 2019, 3:38 am

Programs: TK C+, AA/AS nothing, BA nothing
All their business class seats on their wide-bodies start at row 11; no idea why...
Old Mar 24, 2019, 6:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
I'm guessing he means on Cayman airways, not to Caymans.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 6:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by mykel67
Most airline try and align seat row number across aircraft and cabins. This is common on numerous airlines.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 6:34 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
With Cayman is a reference to the airline that transported me from JFK to GCM to HAV four years ago. Plenty of passengers at the time used that route (either as self connection or on the same ticket)
Apologies if it wasn't clear, but it was a reference to the Airline as in I flew "with Lufthansa"
Old Mar 24, 2019, 9:15 am

Thanks for the clarification. Were you told by the airline site that you would be able to buy the visa onboard? I see nothing but a strange 33.34 CAD on the ticket called "CUAB" in the the French version, and as "tax description not available" in the English version. Any thoughts about was it is?
Old Mar 24, 2019, 10:42 am

So I just checked, and the fare is still available. I checked the other classes of service, and economy is pricing out at $462 and Premium Economy $964. So do you think they may decide not to honour the business class tickets if it turns out that this is a mistake?
Old Mar 24, 2019, 11:00 am

So I just checked, and the fare is still available. I checked the other classes of service, and economy is pricing out at $462 and Premium Economy $964. So do you think they may decide not to honour the business class tickets if it turns out that this is a mistake?
My credit card charge is still in pending status for my March 2020 booking but my tickets have been issued and I was able to select my seats. Has anyone had the ticket charge post to their credit card account yet?
Old Mar 24, 2019, 11:26 am

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by LAX21
All their business class seats on their wide-bodies start at row 11; no idea why...
I think this is because Air China saves Row #1 for first class only. I think it's a prestige reason.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by Steveman
My credit card charge is still in pending status for my March 2020 booking but my tickets have been issued and I was able to select my seats. Has anyone had the ticket charge post to their credit card account yet?
Same situation: ticketed and seats selected; credit card charge is pending (but that’s typical). BTW: How were you able to make a March 2020 booking? I kept getting an error message or bumped to a different page (upgrades).
Old Mar 24, 2019, 1:56 pm

BTW: How were you able to make a March 2020 booking? I kept getting an error message or bumped to a different page (upgrades).
March was wide open when the deal first posted. My guess is that they limit low cost business 'R' fare seats for each flight.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 9:04 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Plat Amex, Marriott Gold Elite
J'aime aussi voyager. Do you know if the tourist visa is included on the ticket, and where I can see it in that case? Merci.
I just verified, and it is not listed on the ticket. From past experiences, the airline distributes the tourist visa document on the plane. You fill it out and it is processed once you land. There is no cost for the tourist visa for Canadian passport holders. You can refer here:

https://travel.gc.ca/destinations/cuba

Consular Services | CUBADIPLOMATICA

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.