Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[Prem Fare Gone]: AA: AMS to the USA wide open under £1000

[Prem Fare Gone]: AA: AMS to the USA wide open under £1000

Old Mar 21, 2019, 4:21 am

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, Honors Diamond, BAEC Silver
Nice find, thanks.

Booked AMS-LHR-YYZ in Aug for £900 / €1040 each for two.

Had an LHR-YYZ Avios booking with an Amex 2-4-1 so saved £700 in taxes pp alone plus the Avios/2-4-1.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 4:28 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
I also had the issue of AA.com showing the JFK-LAX legs as First at booking, but actually giving me Business seats after confirmation and going to seat selection. However, at this price I'm not going to make a fuss.
Funky Spike likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 4:53 am

In my case, the confirmation still showed the true First with the 1+1 seat layout. I only learned of the switch at boarding.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 4:56 am

Programs: BA GGL IHG PlatAMB HH Dia
Was they should give u First seats? It books in I and thats Business.
Tokyoite likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 5:04 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by denkigroove
Was they should give u First seats? It books in I and thats Business.
Once again, "First" is the name that AA gives for its domestic business class product, which books into classes like "I" and "J".
DreamTrip and Maestro Ramen like this.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 5:05 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Anyone found a way to get a May 2019 outbound and September inbound?
Fare rules show that the outbound and inbound can be in May, September onwards, so any pointers?
Looking for AMS-SFO/SAN/LAX
Old Mar 21, 2019, 5:12 am

Programs: Flying Blue, BA Executive Club, LH Miles & More, Air Asia BigShot, Les Collectioneurs
In for 4tix on AA to Montana during the summer!

holding them on the US AA domain for 24H for free. Could I also have done that the 24h hold on an European AA domain?? So i could pay in euros instead of dollars?
Old Mar 21, 2019, 5:30 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, United Platinum Premier, AF/KLM Platinum
Originally Posted by Justin Case
In for 4tix on AA to Montana during the summer!

holding them on the US AA domain for 24H for free. Could I also have done that the 24h hold on an European AA domain?? So i could pay in euros instead of dollars?
You should be able to. Otherwise connect with CS, as both systems eventually integrate into the central system of AA.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 5:31 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Thysk
You should be able to. Otherwise connect with CS, as both systems eventually integrate into the central system of AA.
Usually only works if all segments are AA.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 5:44 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by armouredant
Once again, "First" is the name that AA gives for its domestic business class product, which books into classes like "I" and "J".
We're talking about the trans-con flights, which have First, Business and Economy cabins.

The website is showing those legs as being in First, but dropping to Business after purchase.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 5:47 am

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
That's true on two-class domestic planes; I / J is marketed as "First."

I/J on 3-class transcon flights -- which is only on JFK-SFO, JFK-LAX, and BOS-LAX -- books into 2-2 "Flagship Business," and there is also "Flagship First" which is 1-1 and books into A / F.

What absoluy and wozza2404 ran into is probably just a website glitch, since I / J is "First" on any route other than those three.

I suspect MaxVO probably got an equipment swap, instead, since it sounds like the plane was catered for 3-class.
Maestro Ramen likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 6:02 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold
That’s generally true, but with well known exceptions.

Three class transcons have F, J and Y. JFK-LAX/SFO (all flights) and LAX-MIA/BOS (not all flights).

As stated, my comments relate to JFK-LAX which does have a “true” F class that is distinct from Business and is one of these well known exceptions.

Similar fares in the past used to allow you to book into A as a matter of course. That was changed a few years ago and now it’s rare - but not impossible - to book these I fares with a trans con that books into A.

Still a good fare, but would have been that much better if the “First” classification for JFK-LAX wasn’t just a website error.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 6:02 am

Programs: Flying Blue, BA Executive Club, LH Miles & More, Air Asia BigShot, Les Collectioneurs
What kind of 777 equipment is AA using on fhe ams-dfw segments?? Seatguru is a bit confusing
Old Mar 21, 2019, 6:09 am

Thanks ExpatSomchai

Booked RTM-LCY-JFK-SFO / DEN-LHR-AMS for 1.164 EUR / GBP 1.003

LCY-JFK on Baby Bus, spend the night in NY,
JFK-SFO on flagship business (so acccess to flagship lounge?)

Taking California Zephyr train to Denver

Denver to LHR on BA 747
Only drawback so far is not being able to select a free seat on BA metal..

Happy!
ExpatSomchai and IAANN like this.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 6:20 am

Programs: BA Silver
Thank you so much for the thread! Absolutely fantastic!

Booked RTM-LCY-JFK-YVR / YYZ-LHR-RTM.

Booking carrier is all over the place - the babybus is on AY and the YYZ-LHR is on AA, but ain't gonna complain at this price!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.