Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[Prem Fare Gone]: AA: AMS to the USA wide open under £1000

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Prem Fare Gone]: AA: AMS to the USA wide open under £1000

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2019, 8:20 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by mickeyjaw
How bad are GoToGate with doing the old bait-and-switch to economy?

I really can't bear to fly this in economy...
I am not sure how bad they are about that, but I've seen times where bookings with them didn't get ticketed after submitting payment, and then the bookings were cancelled by them in some form or another so that ticketing was refused when it came to wanting tickets for the booking initially made.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 8:22 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Avis Preferred, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by GUWonder
I am not sure how bad they are about that, but I've seen times where bookings with them didn't get ticketed after submitting payment, and then the bookings were cancelled by them in some form or another so that ticketing was refused when it came to wanting tickets for the booking initially made.

OK, I'll give it a go. I don't mind having my itinerary cancelled and being given a refund. I just don't want to be left paying £800 for an economy ticket that I won't fly...
Old Mar 21, 2019, 8:25 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
OK, I'll give it a go. I don't mind having my itinerary cancelled and being given a refund. I just don't want to be left paying £800 for an economy ticket that I won't fly...
I would take a video of the entire booking process and make sure to capture all the details if doing so myself. And then I would only do so using a credit card from an issuer which I knew would have my back if I felt that there was a deceptive presentation or ticketing process undertaken by the site and had evidence such as this to show.
mickeyjaw likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 8:25 am

Actually, never mind. When I click the fare rules on the final booking page it shows:

Spoiler

Old Mar 21, 2019, 8:40 am

And everything changes yet again. Now it prices at £1050, offers routing AMS-PHL-LAS-PHL-AMS, everything in business/first as it should be!?!?
Old Mar 21, 2019, 8:50 am

And everything changes yet again. Now it prices at £1050, offers routing AMS-PHL-LAS-PHL-AMS, everything in business/first as it should be!?!?
Well this is a rollercoaster! Priced up the AMS-LAX fare up at £953, went to grab lunch, GONE! Now trying again. Why did I get into this haha
Old Mar 21, 2019, 9:03 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
We're talking about the trans-con flights, which have First, Business and Economy cabins.

The website is showing those legs as being in First, but dropping to Business after purchase.
Apologies!
Old Mar 21, 2019, 9:47 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Unfortunately it's gone PUCCI find someone to hit with your brush
I'm sorry for all of you, but frankly I was thinking that I was incompetent for not finding it. Do you think that it was a "mistake" fare? Never mind - I'm really looking for later than September.

As for my hairbrush, I'm taking that down to The House of Commons and then to Downing Street - I think several of them deserve it!
mikeyfly and jackqu7 like this.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 10:25 am

Programs: AS 100K
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
BA codeshare flights are limited to certain routes. Effective November 23, 2016 the following routes have BA coded flights on AS Metal. See the full story here.

The codeshare deal is effective for travel from November 23, and sees customers able to book connecting flights on Alaska Air routes at ba.com, to seven destinations on the West Coast of America, and three in Hawaii.

Customers can connect on the following flights:
  • from Seattle to Honolulu, Kona and Kahului
  • from Seattle, San Francisco and San Jose (California) to Portland
  • from Seattle to Salt Lake City, Boise, Fairbanks and Spokane
  • from San Jose to Santa Ana

James in Phoenix
thanks james, I was looking for something like this. good to know!
Flying for Fun likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 11:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Don't shoot the messenger Pucci
PUCCI GALORE and Justin Case like this.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 12:31 pm

Programs: BA, JAL
Came close to booking ams-las/phx for 600 or so, but just couldn't find any time in my calendar. Already have an uncancellable points booking in business. Great find.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 1:15 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, BA Executive Club, LH Miles & More, Air Asia BigShot, Les Collectioneurs
Originally Posted by RollAnotherFatOne
Came close to booking ams-las/phx for 600 or so, but just couldn't find any time in my calendar. Already have an uncancellable points booking in business. Great find.
600 rt? Or one-way?
Old Mar 21, 2019, 1:59 pm
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by MaxVO
AA pulled this switch on me recently as well, so you have my sympathies. The plane was an old clunker with miserable legroom in business. To add salt to the wound, AA included menus titled Flagship First Class.
AA doesn't "pull this switch." The JFK-LAX route is always operated by a A321T in premium-heavy 3 class configuration. This fare books into business, not first class. Business is very nice lie-flat seats similar to those used by UA and DL on the premium transcon routes and many international routes, and first are even nicer reverse herringbone seats in 1-1 configuration
Old Mar 21, 2019, 2:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by armouredant
Once again, "First" is the name that AA gives for its domestic business class product, which books into classes like "I" and "J".
No, not on JFK-LAX. I and J are named Business on those routes.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by Justin Case

It took a couple of missed flash sales with first questions from the better half, the stages where;
”Lets look at it this weekend”
to
”can we discuss this tonight”
to
”is it a direct flight from out of our home town to XXX?”
to
”why cant we fly on date X or Y?”

After a lor of “sorry flash sale over hon, your to late”, i am now met with “I trust you, book the best you van get and try to put it on a hold!! We will see tonight wat to do with it”

just like the “different stages of a mistake fare” we should write an essay about “relationship stages of the bargain hunter: how to succesfully convince your better half to fly arround the globe for pocket change”
This is so true on so many levels!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.