Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

AF turnaround in same plane possible in TUN?

AF turnaround in same plane possible in TUN?

Old Mar 16, 19, 8:50 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: AMS
Programs: BA Gold
Posts: 16
Question AF turnaround in same plane possible in TUN?

I am looking at a great AF deal departing from TUN. I will depart with AF1085 from TUN at 10.10. Will it be possible to arrive at 09.15 with AF1084 and make the AF1085? It looks to me this will be the same plane. (The first flight will be on a seperate ticket)

Last edited by williamvdh; Mar 16, 19 at 8:54 am Reason: extra info
williamvdh is offline  
Old Mar 16, 19, 9:18 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 21
Originally Posted by williamvdh View Post
I am looking at a great AF deal departing from TUN. I will depart with AF1085 from TUN at 10.10. Will it be possible to arrive at 09.15 with AF1084 and make the AF1085? It looks to me this will be the same plane. (The first flight will be on a seperate ticket)

I've wondered the same thing. If you are doing an international mileage run, can you just stay on the plane and fly in/out on the same plane without clearing customs/leaving the plane. Messing with customs in and out + security could make it awfully close. Anyone else done this?? I'm not sure if the crew have to clear customs when turning around or not.
ipegleg is offline  
Old Mar 16, 19, 9:39 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Programs: DL Diamond 1M, TK ElitePlus, Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire
Posts: 7
Why go out? Stay in transit (if you fly with no checked bag)
balage28 is offline  
Old Mar 16, 19, 9:47 am
  #4  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: London, UK and Southern France
Posts: 16,145
Originally Posted by ipegleg View Post
I've wondered the same thing. If you are doing an international mileage run, can you just stay on the plane and fly in/out on the same plane without clearing customs/leaving the plane. Messing with customs in and out + security could make it awfully close. Anyone else done this?? I'm not sure if the crew have to clear customs when turning around or not.
You will most definitely not be allowed to stay on the plane. Whether there is a route to stay airside at TUN without having to go through customs and Immigration, I do not know. Perhaps the Africa or Air France board might be a better place for the question?
NickB is offline  
Old Mar 16, 19, 9:56 am
  #5  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: AMS
Programs: BA Gold
Posts: 16
Originally Posted by balage28 View Post
Why go out? Stay in transit (if you fly with no checked bag)
I am just wondering if it is possible to stay airside. Like at AMS Schiphol where you will pass the line at the gate for the flight back when you deplane and you can just join the back of the line.
ipegleg likes this.
williamvdh is offline  
Old Mar 21, 19, 12:07 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Paris, France
Programs: FB LTPE+C2000, EK Gold, TK *S, SPG PP+Amb+LTPP, IHG Platinum, Accorhotels Gold
Posts: 1,490
No, there is no transit area in TUN if you have separate tickets.
olivedel is offline  
Old Aug 15, 19, 10:02 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: BCN
Programs: BAEC Gold A3 Gold IB Plata
Posts: 8,397
Just to follow up for future people wondering, you have to get off the plane and go directly through immigration (no transit area), go to the checkin desk and get your boarding pass (OLCI/mobile/etc is not available for TUN), go back through security and immigration, and make your flight. A one-hour turnaround would be impossible.
tearex likes this.
alanw is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread