Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] SQ JFK-FRA(Eco)-FRA-SIN-JFK (Bus) from $2008

[PREM FARE GONE] SQ JFK-FRA(Eco)-FRA-SIN-JFK (Bus) from $2008

Old Mar 19, 19, 8:20 am
  #61  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: BOS/EAP
Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Posts: 28,150
Originally Posted by tdot_guy View Post
Has anyone been able to book multi city trip so one can use 3 business sector and book the last economy sector at a random date few months later so we can get the miles for all sectors in 'D' and not use the Economy sector.
why does it have to be a few months later? That will be difficult. A few days should suffice, no?
cfischer is online now  
Old Mar 19, 19, 8:40 am
  #62  
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Canada
Programs: Alaska,AC,Avios,
Posts: 263
Originally Posted by cfischer View Post
why does it have to be a few months later? That will be difficult. A few days should suffice, no?
Few weeks I guess, it took about 3 weeks to gets miles credited to my AS account last time.
tdot_guy is offline  
Old Mar 19, 19, 8:50 am
  #63  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Germany
Programs: Currently without any status :(
Posts: 1,555
Originally Posted by thaitraveller View Post
I see SFO as an option on the stopover. Has anyone used that as part of this to construct something from /through SFO.
seconding that question, as I am still trying to get my head into fare rules

It looks like when loading this sale fare /SIN got appended to the rules: 2 STOPOVERS PERMITTED IN EACH DIRECTION IN LAX/SFO/NYC/HOU/SIN, and oddly enough SQ's routing rules for all their JFK-FRA fares allow a stop in SIN:
/VIA THE ATLANTIC/
nixande is offline  
Old Mar 19, 19, 11:39 am
  #64  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: BOS/EAP
Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Posts: 28,150
Originally Posted by tdot_guy View Post
Few weeks I guess, it took about 3 weeks to gets miles credited to my AS account last time.
not sure why that is relevant here ...
cfischer is online now  
Old Mar 19, 19, 11:41 am
  #65  
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 357
Originally Posted by cfischer View Post
not sure why that is relevant here ...
It's relevant because he wants to throw away the last segment of this fare
tdot_guy likes this.
jjangoo is offline  
Old Mar 19, 19, 11:52 am
  #66  
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, DL Platinum, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium + LT Silver, Hertz PC
Posts: 6,177
Originally Posted by jjangoo View Post
It's relevant because he wants to throw away the last segment of this fare
AS will post all segments flown assuming eligible fare class. Throwing away a segment will not affect mileage earning of flown segments.
tdot_guy likes this.
Repooc17 is offline  
Old Mar 19, 19, 12:42 pm
  #67  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: LAS
Programs: UA 1K (2MM), BA Gold, MH Enrich Platinum
Posts: 1,762
Anyone get the biz portion to book into another Fare basis- "D" cannot be upgraded, "Z,C,J,U" can be upgraded to suites.

Other than ease of dealing with SQ for changes or problems is there any reason to book with SQ and pay $200 more than OTA? (my dates are $2420 v $2252)
zebranz is offline  
Old Mar 19, 19, 12:55 pm
  #68  
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: MOW, RU
Programs: SU Gold; KL Plat; BA Gold; A3 Gold
Posts: 2,419
Originally Posted by truncated View Post
Fare appears to be still live but expires 19MAR19 (i.e. today) so book fast I guess
Not this one but NYC-SIN companion fare.
Keter is offline  
Old Mar 19, 19, 5:20 pm
  #69  
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,686
Originally Posted by zebranz View Post
Anyone get the biz portion to book into another Fare basis- "D" cannot be upgraded, "Z,C,J,U" can be upgraded to suites.

Other than ease of dealing with SQ for changes or problems is there any reason to book with SQ and pay $200 more than OTA? (my dates are $2420 v $2252)
U fare class has the same "routing" mistake that @truncated pointed out, base fare $590 more

when you go through SQ.com, you can pick "Business Standard" instead of business lite, pulls up U class

Originally Posted by tdot_guy View Post
Has anyone been able to book multi city trip so one can use 3 business sector and book the last economy sector at a random date few months later so we can get the miles for all sectors in 'D' and not use the Economy sector.
why? you can just book a NYC-FRA-SIN-FRA "one-way" ticket at $1583 ($2173 for U class)

Originally Posted by truncated View Post
Fare appears to be still live but expires 19MAR19 (i.e. today) so book fast I guess
i don't see an expiration date on the fare, just needs D fare availability and purchased 21-day before (plus stopover rules)

Last edited by paperwastage; Mar 19, 19 at 5:29 pm
paperwastage is offline  
Old Mar 19, 19, 6:04 pm
  #70  
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: BOS/SIN
Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, B6 Mosaic, DL Gold, OZ Diamond Plus
Posts: 1,424
Originally Posted by paperwastage View Post
i don't see an expiration date on the fare, just needs D fare availability and purchased 21-day before (plus stopover rules)
Ah got it mixed up with the PY promo (~$1k RT for JFK/EWR-SIN) which does end 19Mar -- the SQ website does say book by 31 Mar though: https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/u...ankfurt_62313/
truncated is offline  
Old Mar 19, 19, 6:31 pm
  #71  
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,686
Originally Posted by truncated View Post
Ah got it mixed up with the PY promo (~$1k RT for JFK/EWR-SIN) which does end 19Mar -- the SQ website does say book by 31 Mar though: https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/u...ankfurt_62313/
probably different fare?

your link's travel range ends in September 2019. this "one-way" fare is available into next year
paperwastage is offline  
Old Mar 19, 19, 6:35 pm
  #72  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: LAS
Programs: UA 1K (2MM), BA Gold, MH Enrich Platinum
Posts: 1,762
[QUOTE=paperwastage;30906932]U fare class has the same "routing" mistake that @truncated pointed out, base fare $590 more

when you go through SQ.com, you can pick "Business Standard" instead of business lite, pulls up U class

Thanks- tried on my date(s) and changes to $3300 from $2420 for "U." A bit too much to then take a chance in trying to upgrade. Also not sure if SQ would consider this a Zone 11-Zone 13 r/t ticket with a stop (like we are making it). Was worth the exercise/education.
zebranz is offline  
Old Mar 19, 19, 6:38 pm
  #73  
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,686
Originally Posted by zebranz View Post
Originally Posted by paperwastage View Post
U fare class has the same "routing" mistake that @truncated pointed out, base fare $590 more

when you go through SQ.com, you can pick "Business Standard" instead of business lite, pulls up U class

Thanks- tried on my date(s) and changes to $3300 from $2420 for "U." A bit too much to then take a chance in trying to upgrade. Also not sure if SQ would consider this a Zone 11-Zone 13 r/t ticket with a stop (like we are making it). Was worth the exercise/education.
you should still get 24-hr free cancel when booking directly

$250 cancellation fee after

if you have enough points in account, find a date where upgrade is available, then try? if you have to call in to try, please don't

should be able to try the upgrade online
paperwastage is offline  
Old Mar 19, 19, 7:00 pm
  #74  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: LAS
Programs: UA 1K (2MM), BA Gold, MH Enrich Platinum
Posts: 1,762
Originally Posted by paperwastage View Post
you should still get 24-hr free cancel when booking directly

$250 cancellation fee after

if you have enough points in account, find a date where upgrade is available, then try? if you have to call in to try, please don't

should be able to try the upgrade online
I will continue to play around. I don't have enough Kris points so unsure if would even let me try. I was planning on transferring from AMEX. I will look at Expert Flyer to see what it shows and may give it a try just to see.

And I know Rule#1....
No upgrades I could find for weeks of my travel time showing on Expert Flyer.

Last edited by zebranz; Mar 19, 19 at 7:14 pm Reason: update
zebranz is offline  
Old Mar 19, 19, 7:09 pm
  #75  
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,686
Originally Posted by zebranz View Post
I will continue to play around. I don't have enough Kris points so unsure if would even let me try. I was planning on transferring from AMEX. I will look at Expert Flyer to see what it shows and may give it a try just to see.
actually it says (Zone 11-13)

https://www.singaporeair.com/saar5/p...radeCharts.pdf

The mileage indicated is only valid for non-stop flights (no connections or
transits) between two destinations.

best case they'll charge individual segments (zone 1-13 plus zone 1-110. worse case they'll cancel this mistake ticket (or make you pay the $ difference)
paperwastage is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread