Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] SQ JFK-FRA(Eco)-FRA-SIN-JFK (Bus) from $2008

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] SQ JFK-FRA(Eco)-FRA-SIN-JFK (Bus) from $2008

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2019, 3:07 pm

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
Originally Posted by alp67
This deal JFK-{FRA}-SIN-EUROPE-SIN-{FRA}-JFK on a single (=1) ticket for approx. US$ 1'400 in Y+, US$ 2'400 in C and US$ 10'600 in F is gone!
Not possible to book it that way, anymore. I already booked two trips myself. Never tried OTA’s, only SQ website.
The SQ website really is a PITA, nevertheless it always worked - until today.
That’s why I’m saying: SQ pulled the plug on this routing. I really wonder on how you still could assist?
Got it- please put my head back on my shoulders and cover the teeth marks.
I must have been near the last of the tickets to be issued since it was done yesterday mid-day.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 10:14 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by TEDisgone
The SQ website won't even allow me to search any of the multi-city trips I found last week so I think this may indeed be done.

Interestingly for me, when the original FRA deal disappeared I did the math on the perennial YYZ-LHR-HEL-SIN deal on BA/AY and decided to go for that instead. With the COS bonus, it's less flying but more miles (and lower CPM) for AS flyers! Plus it's A350 planes all the way, including BA's newest J seat.
Can you elaborate on how YYZ-SIN can get more miles? This SQ fare flies over 30k miles and the AY fare only just passes 20k no?
Old Apr 30, 2019, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
Your calculations are not quite correct. With Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan, direct flights like JFK-FRA-SIN and SIN-FRA-JFK that operate on the same flight number post on the Origin to Destination distance, not the sum of the distances of the individual segments. Since SQ25 & SQ26 are direct flights they will post to Mileage Plan as two segments only; JFK-SIN & SIN-JFK. From MileCalc, that distance is 9537 Miles each way, 19,074 total.

Elite Qualifying Miles (EQM) and any Class of Service (COS) Bonus is both EQM & Redeemable Miles (RDM). The additional bonus is RDM only. SQ does not have a COS Bonus for D or U fare class tickets. SQ is generally not a good option for an AS Mileage Run. It certainly is a great fare with the flexibility though. The following spreadsheet shows how this routing would post to Mileage Plan for non-status and each Elite Tier in the Mileage Plan program.

James in Kelowna
Hi James (@Flying for Fun) -

Would you happen to know if the routing rules for Alaska are similar to Asiana, or would Asiana count the miles as JFK-FRA and FRA-SIN instead of JFK-SIN? Wondering if my booking would allow me to get Star Gold status with the trip I booked (JFK-FRA-SIN-FRA-SIN-FRA-JFK) with a D Fare.

Thank you!
Old May 4, 2019, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by pluu1285

Would you happen to know if the routing rules for Alaska are similar to Asiana, or would Asiana count the miles as JFK-FRA and FRA-SIN instead of JFK-SIN? Wondering if my booking would allow me to get Star Gold status with the trip I booked (JFK-FRA-SIN-FRA-SIN-FRA-JFK) with a D Fare.

Thank you!
Does not matter. If SQ reports this as JFK-SIN then it credits as JFK-SIN to every program.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 11:20 am

Programs: Compulsory Traveller
Has anyone tried to make a change to the booking after the first flight? I'm flying oneway JFK-(FRA)-SIN and 9 days later SIN-FRA and would like to change the SIN-FRA segment to a different date.

Do I read the ExpertFlyer fare rules correctly that this should be possible for a fee of 250 US$ using the fares in effect when the ticket was issued?
Old Sep 12, 2019, 12:06 am

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by cfischer
Does not matter. If SQ reports this as JFK-SIN then it credits as JFK-SIN to every program.
I flew this recently. SQ did report JFK-SIN for me and it got credited as JFK-SIN, not JFK-FRA-SIN (i.e. you get less miles).
Overall great deal and I am very happy with it.
jjangoo likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 11:14 am

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
Originally Posted by roberto.triviani
I flew this recently. SQ did report JFK-SIN for me and it got credited as JFK-SIN, not JFK-FRA-SIN (i.e. you get less miles).
So it did for me.

My upcoming flights on SQ.com do not show my reserves seats (for the 'inbound' trip), however, do not allow to 'select' those too (errors out). The mobile app still shows the original seats I selected, and there was no equipment change or schedule change to the best of my knowledge. I guess to call is the only way to check if seats are actually assigned?
Old Sep 28, 2019, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Keter
So it did for me.

My upcoming flights on SQ.com do not show my reserves seats (for the 'inbound' trip), however, do not allow to 'select' those too (errors out). The mobile app still shows the original seats I selected, and there was no equipment change or schedule change to the best of my knowledge. I guess to call is the only way to check if seats are actually assigned?
our seats are still showing up. We have had equipment changes though before where I had to re-select seats. SQ has more than 1 version of 388
Old Sep 29, 2019, 5:58 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by roberto.triviani
Overall great deal and I am very happy with it.
As expected for a flight with the same flight number. FRA became a technical stop that doesn’t factor into mileage accrual.
Old Sep 29, 2019, 6:01 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by pluu1285

Thank you!

As expected for a flight with the same flight number and a layover (<24h). FRA became a technical stop that doesn’t factor into mileage accrual.
If you really need the additional miles, bake in a stopover (>24h) in FRA. Ticket reprice and change fees make it not worthy at all.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 1:19 pm

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
Originally Posted by Keter
So it did for me.

As a data point the seats i have selected initially were still valid, however, were not shown on the website for some reason. Also I had to call to select meals. I think it may be linked to the fact that i had same flight number on different legs (this was the reason I did not get some miles credited to Flying Blue automatically).
Old Nov 28, 2019, 7:44 am

Programs: UA 1k now; AA (no status); HY Diamond; SPG Platinum
So I just completed 4 out of 6 legs

SQ25 was full on 11/21. I arrived into Singapore at 6:25am. 9V-SKK has 2 restroom out or commission from JFK all the way to SIN. My seat 18A was little dirty with a hole in the carpet.

On sin-fra-sin- the flight was also completely full. I was in 17A both outbound and inbound. I was able to get boarding pass for both flight at Changi.

SQ26 arrived into FRA on time. I was out of customs at Frankfurt at 6:30. By 6:45am I was able to check in my new rimowa luggage (from world shop) with VAT refund completed.

I went to city center and bought a bag for my wife (store open at 10am). I was able to get back to terminal 1 by 10:40am. Made through the customs within 10 minutes. Did more shopping for wife and completed additional VAT refund at terminal 1. I made it back to the gate just as announcement for boarding is made.

all of the crew were very good this time around.

For $2471, I will get 31840 miles enough for me to stay as UA1K. I paid about $3000 less on my wife bags and cosmetics.

Overall quiet good trip as I was able to get 6 hours sleep on outbound and 7 hours on the inbound.

My new rimowa luggage
Old Jan 6, 2020, 1:07 pm

My first ticket where I have checked luggage and SQ in JFK said could not route bag tag: SQ 25 JFK-SIN and SQ 326 SIN-FRA. Ended up short checking to FRA on SQ 25. Will go to lost luggage in FRA and they will send email to FRA advising I will pick up next day on return from SIN.
Old Jan 7, 2020, 1:42 am

Originally Posted by zebranz
My first ticket where I have checked luggage and SQ in JFK said could not route bag tag: SQ 25 JFK-SIN and SQ 326 SIN-FRA. Ended up short checking to FRA on SQ 25. Will go to lost luggage in FRA and they will send email to FRA advising I will pick up next day on return from SIN.
THX for the data point. Did they really short-check your bags from JFK to FRA only?? That's interesting...
Wouldn't it be easier to go landside in SIN and re-check your bags from there? It's a 7-hours layover in SIN.

I will be flying two of these tickets in the next two weeks, HBO.
Old Jan 7, 2020, 2:14 am

Yes, short checked on SQ25 to FRA. Was offered option to collect in SIN and recheck but did not want to: 1. in case mechanical delay, 2. bag is 20 kgs and I did not want to drag the wheeled duffel and recheck and go through security with my hand carry that has a lot of liquids (no precheck or Clear), 3. would require entering and leaving SIN (probably another stamp in passport which takes more space as I finish pages 1/2 way before expiration).

Forgot to say includes much chocolates requested by my grand daughter and therefore glad to have it stored in cold FRA.
SQ staff at JFK did print my BP for SQ326- they just could not get computer to give me a JFK-SIN-FRA bag tag.

Last edited by zebranz; Jan 7, 2020 at 2:21 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.