Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] SQ JFK-FRA(Eco)-FRA-SIN-JFK (Bus) from $2008

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] SQ JFK-FRA(Eco)-FRA-SIN-JFK (Bus) from $2008

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2019, 8:21 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
This is still available last I checked, on some dates. It's a bit of pain to look for it. However, in 30 min I was able to find multiple dates that work last night.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 9:13 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
I should've looked at this first before booking the following for my 2 trips to Asia (Canadian version), SQ's website is showing many people were checking the same combination.

TK: YUL-SIN/SGN J $2700/$3075 CAD (under 2k USD)

PR: TPE-YYZ RT J $1609 USD ai

Originally Posted by DevDedication
I'm not doing this as a one way. The ticket is booked as a roundtrip as stated JFK-(FRA)-SIN, SIN-FRA, FRA-SIN, SIN-(FRA)-JFK. But adding a separate position flight to JFK will solve this into cross booking allowing me to travel to Singapore two times.
For those based in US, throw in a cheap Europe-USA premium economy under $1000 to make this 2 round trips to Singapore (Asia) in between, rather than beginning and the end for European based. Those are considered short hops relatively and even Y+ is comfortable.

LO has it for under $900 (FRA-JFK) and is IMO the best option. Putting these altogether you're getting tons of *A miles.

Originally Posted by crazyhorse
Is there a trick to finding dates on which this ~$2500 fare would work? Or is it brute force? I do have EF is that will help....
It's still there and no trick is needed.

I'm still seeing the following dates combination as of April 6th for $2500, all in J. Late 2019/early 2020 still available. Dates around summer and fall 2019 are scarce and you need to be willing to fly on Wedn for most weeks.

11/14/2019 - JFK-SIN
12/3//2019 - SIN-FRA
1/21/2020 - FRA-SIN
1/30/2020 - SIN-JFK

I found it through kayak.com but am able to book directly from SQ's multicity booking tool. One cool feature of SQ's multicity booking, you can check-mark flexible dates and you can see if a later/earlier day will give you lower fares. If not, move the curse below each for 3 later/earlier days.
DevDedication and nickohrn like this.

Last edited by vincewy; Apr 6, 2019 at 9:27 am
Old Apr 6, 2019, 6:45 pm

Just as a data point, if you want to use the 24 hour risk free cancellation - you have to call in. The website will not process it correctly.
Then, they have to escalate it to a supervisor and the refund confirmation won't come right away. In addition, "credit card booking fee" (not sure how much it is as I didn't see it), is not refunded.

All of this to say is that if you're considering booking while checking other stuff, it's enough of a trouble that I would personally (at least in my case), wait a day then have to deal with having go to through the cancellation.
ristasm likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 8:27 pm

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
Originally Posted by roberto.triviani
Just as a data point, if you want to use the 24 hour risk free cancellation - you have to call in. The website will not process it correctly.
Then, they have to escalate it to a supervisor and the refund confirmation won't come right away. In addition, "credit card booking fee" (not sure how much it is as I didn't see it), is not refunded.

All of this to say is that if you're considering booking while checking other stuff, it's enough of a trouble that I would personally (at least in my case), wait a day then have to deal with having go to through the cancellation.
Or try a "human" travel agent...they can hold the seats without obligation while you confirm your schedule, check positioning flights, etc...probably for longer than 24 hours on this fare, as well.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 9:18 pm

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
Originally Posted by roberto.triviani

Orbitz works great. Full refund (immediate hold release if you bank supports that) and no contact with humans...
Book on Friday - cancel by end of Monday (PST time).
roberto.triviani likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 10:35 pm

Interesting. Yes, my experience was when booking directly with the SQ website. Good to know that Orbitz / other human TA cancellation is painless.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 7:37 am

This was still live as of last night and bookable direct via the SQ website. You just need to find D availability (on ExpertFlyer, for example) for each of the legs you want to include. There are huge swathes of dates where it is easy to find and then there are periods where there is no D at all on one of the legs (JFK-SIN, SIN-FRA, FRA-SIN, SIN-JFK).

I ended up doing the long routing (priced at $2,480) because I don't mind sitting on a plane to work and figured I'd grab the AS miles from the extended trip. I combined this with this ex-KTM fare. to create a round trip to Asia and a (really long) round trip to Europe (with some other flights booked on miles in between to get where I needed to be).

Thank you again to people in this thread who pointed out how to find this initially and what was possible in terms of the SIN-FRA-SIN nest in the middle.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 5:03 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Although I won't be able to take advantage of this (absolutely booked up this year with NZ's Australia deal, PR out of TPE, TK's E Asia deals out of YUL) now, they're still available, even during holiday periods, I saw the following dates which will cover your Labor Day and Christmas holidays

August 29th JFK-SIN
Sept 6th SIN-FRA
Dec 24th FRA-SIN
Dec 31st SIN-JFK

The dates around them are very fluid, if you check the flexible dates, moving just 1-2 days the fares will go up by $1000 or more. Again, you can insert FRA-US rt ticket in Y+ like LOT Polish for $900 between Sept 6th and Dec 24th. That's $3500 for 2 trips to Asia with/out stopovers in Europe.

Get them while you still can.
nickohrn likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 2:41 pm

Thanks to NYC Flyer, we booked this fare:

JFK - FRA - SIN (D class)

stop

SIN - FRA (D class)

long break

FRA - SIN (D Class)

stop

SIN - FRA - JFK (D class)

done

Very easy transaction , great person to work with, and were able to get every segment in business.

The first half is in a few weeks and the second half is in October.

Thanks NYC Flyer - if anyone is looking at this fare, reach out to him . He is very patient and helps find the dates you need without any hassle.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by scallopassault
Thanks to NYC Flyer, we booked this fare...
My pleasure. Thanks for the kind words.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 8:40 am

Programs: UA 1k MM;*A Lifetime Gold; Marriott Lifetime Platinum; HiltonHonors Gold. Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by NYC Flyer
My pleasure. Thanks for the kind words.
Hey NYC Flyer - can I PM you with a request for this routing/fare?
Old Apr 15, 2019, 11:57 am

Originally Posted by Brituchenite
Hey NYC Flyer - can I PM you with a request for this routing/fare?
Of course.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 2:00 pm

Just wanted to send a thank you to all who have contributed to this thread.

I ended up booking the JFK-SIN-FRA in August and FRA-SIN-JFK in October - planning to explore Asia twice this year!

Thinking of using points to book a RT FRA-JFK-FRA on singapore economy in between.

Thanks again!
NYC Flyer likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 3:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by pluu1285
Just wanted to send a thank you to all who have contributed to this thread.

I ended up booking the JFK-SIN-FRA in August and FRA-SIN-JFK in October - planning to explore Asia twice this year!

Thinking of using points to book a RT FRA-JFK-FRA on singapore economy in between.

Thanks again!
Instead of points, try some of the Premium Economy fares on LOT, under 700 Euros for FRA-JFK and they also credit nicely to most Star Alliance programs. Coach isn't usually a good value for redemptions...
Or if crediting to Alaska, look at Condor as they have some good values in PE and J to the Americas...
NYC Flyer and NJSwamplands like this.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by jfkeze
Instead of points, try some of the Premium Economy fares on LOT, under 700 Euros for FRA-JFK and they also credit nicely to most Star Alliance programs. Coach isn't usually a good value for redemptions...
Or if crediting to Alaska, look at Condor as they have some good values in PE and J to the Americas...
Thanks @jfkeze! I tried to take a look at Condor since I'm crediting to Alaska, but hoping to get back to JFK at a specific time and go back to work. Taking too many PTO days

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.