Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] SQ JFK-FRA(Eco)-FRA-SIN-JFK (Bus) from $2008

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] SQ JFK-FRA(Eco)-FRA-SIN-JFK (Bus) from $2008

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2019, 2:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by YUL1941
I can also confirm that the availability is changing on a daily basis.
I was finally able to get the longer version for August for 2480 USD after a few days with D0
If you have an ExpertFlyer subscription you can set up a D class alert to get the right price.
This deal has also been posted on the German FT (VFT)... Surprised it's been active so long! guess only FTers are willing to do such a scenic routing...
vincewy likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 9:54 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 100K/ One World Emerald
Tips needed on finding the fare

Originally Posted by jfkeze
If you have an ExpertFlyer subscription you can set up a D class alert to get the right price.
This deal has also been posted on the German FT (VFT)... Surprised it's been active so long! guess only FTers are willing to do such a scenic routing...

So I looked in Expert Flyer, found route that was in D class and that went through Frankfurt- still getting a $4K price. What am I missing in doing a search for that sale price? Any other tips?

Old Apr 4, 2019, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by Sharice SB
So I looked in Expert Flyer, found route that was in D class and that went through Frankfurt- still getting a $4K price. What am I missing in doing a search for that sale price? Any other tips?

This is a fare to FRA, not Singapore. You have to go to FRA.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by nickohrn
This is a fare to FRA, not Singapore. You have to go to FRA.

So in post #181 - how were they able to get to singapore and back to JFK for $2,500? I understand the routing has to be via FRA.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 10:28 am

So in post #181 - how were they able to get to singapore and back to JFK for $2,500? I understand the routing has to be via FRA.
Your destination has to be FRA for this fare. In your example your destination is SIN, not FRA. Also, I haven't had success pulling the pricing on ITA Matrix - only on an OTA or the SQ website. In 181, the user flew to FRA via a stopover in SIN.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 10:36 am

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver

I was not able to price this on Matrix. Obviously does not mean it does not exists.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 11:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by Keter
I was not able to price this on Matrix. Obviously does not mean it does not exists.

It's a FRA fare, use Kayak Multi-City and either purchase on Singapore website or an OTA like CheapoAir...
It's a FRA fare that allows for creative flying...
Old Apr 4, 2019, 11:42 am

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
Suggest people READ THE POSTS (and Fare Rules) - the way to look and find related fares and dates are clearly shown and it is still available on both OTA's and SQ.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 12:23 pm

This flight route is I think more easily explained from a US passenger standpoint as a two SIN vacation senario.(or a vacation to SIN with a MR second trip > FRA- SIN-JFK) It requires another RT flight to FRA. So you can fly JFK-SIN, SQ25, then vacation before flying back to FRA. Then you will need the 1st leg of the (separate)FRA-JFK ticket (or other home airport) to return home. Later in 19 or 2020 use the return leg ticket > JFK- FRA. Vacation #2 is starting from FRA and return on the SIN-JFK,SQ26, the final leg of the primary ticket. For those who want to go to SIN twice it is a bonanza @$2,500+-!!
Old Apr 4, 2019, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by zebranz
Suggest people READ THE POSTS (and Fare Rules) - the way to look and find related fares and dates are clearly shown and it is still available on both OTA's and SQ.

Now I know why they have flame free threads for people who are new to flyertalk. The advice to read through 200 posts to figure out fare rules and routings was a super helpful comment to add by the way. Thanks for your insight.
f0zzyNUE and Abelefko1 like this.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 12:51 pm

Now I know why they have flame free threads for people who are new to flyertalk. The advice to read through 200 posts to figure out fare rules and routings was a super helpful comment to add by the way. Thanks for your insight.
If you think that was a flame thrower better stay clear of FT. The statement was to stop filling up another post like this one to say start at #1 and many posts like #24 show examples. In addition it was stated on various posts it is a FRA r/t fare but some people are too busy to at least skim over a few pages. FTer's have been good at showing examples and what they have booked. Complete Fare Rules are included in this thread and many have access to EF and it is there. You can also search using key words if a few pages takes to long to review.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 3:16 pm

Programs: AS MVP
FWIW I spent 8 hours over 2 days to read the thread and play around with dates to find the itinerary I wanted. I don't consider myself an expert, nor do I claim to completely understand the fare rules. My simplistic understanding (please correct if wrong) is that this is a JFK - FRA fare that allows for a "stopover" in SIN. I also didn't bother with nesting another SIN-FRA r/t in to the trip. On the first day I was able to find an acceptable price for all 4 segments in J (~$2500) for the dates I wanted. After sleeping on it, the second day I reread the thread and learned people were able to find significantly cheaper tickets by having the first JFK - SIN segment in Y. After looking for that I got extremely lucky finding a ~$1600 ticket (saving $900!) by having the first segment in Y for the dates I wanted.

I kind of think to take advantage of these deals with perhaps more complex routings you get what you put in, and you probably need some luck as well: In the case of J for all the segments, spend some time on the SQ website to get a feel for the pricing; I got lucky where there also happened to be a significantly cheaper ticket with the first segment in Y for the dates I wanted.

Last I checked, the itinerary I bought is now ~$4000, with Y pricing $1000.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 3:58 pm

I kind of think to take advantage of these deals with perhaps more complex routings you get what you put in, and you probably need some luck as well: In the case of J for all the segments, spend some time on the SQ website to get a feel for the pricing; I got lucky where there also happened to be a significantly cheaper ticket with the first segment in Y for the dates I wanted.

Last I checked, the itinerary I bought is now ~$4000, with Y pricing $1000.[/QUOTE]

Some luck always helps and FTer's assist when they know you have done work and looking to tweak things. A lot of trial and error on dates and playing with GF & ITA. The fare (D class) is still there as I looked at dates in Feb 2020 this morning. Some dates I assume with "C" but none that fit where I was looking. I did not look for an economy leg.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 7:58 pm

Programs: AS, IHG and post-loyal
Ugh, so close... Need ~20K AS EQM to requalify for 75K and way want to be in FRA/Italy in late June. Seeing this thread way too late - would be great to kill many birds with one epic run But great find to all above.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 2:21 pm

Just booked ticket#3 today for March 2020. Not sure if this means anything but I was unable to duplicate the fare on Kayak. Booked directly on SQ web site. JFK-FRA-SIN-FRA stop FRA-SIN-FRA-JFK, D Class $2450.
nickohrn likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.