Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] SQ JFK-FRA(Eco)-FRA-SIN-JFK (Bus) from $2008

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] SQ JFK-FRA(Eco)-FRA-SIN-JFK (Bus) from $2008

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2019, 2:18 pm

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
Originally Posted by krispykrme

sorry I wasn’t clear what I was asking. Sorry

I tried to search via cheapo/kayak. But I can’t get it to price on SQ (it’s over $36k)

i assume i should search SFO-SIN via LAX? Or LAX to SIN via SFO?

i am using my UA miles to position to EWR. But would rather spend $1k more if I can do SFO or LAX as origin
No, you are still not clear. This is a fare to FRA not to SIN. It allows a stop in SIN. Therefore you have to search from whatever origin (LAX,SFO,IAH,etc) to FRA with stop in SIN on SQ.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 8:56 pm

Programs: UA 1k now; AA (no status); HY Diamond; SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by zebranz
No, you are still not clear. This is a fare to FRA not to SIN. It allows a stop in SIN. Therefore you have to search from whatever origin (LAX,SFO,IAH,etc) to FRA with stop in SIN on SQ.
Ah, now I get it.
thanks
Old Mar 28, 2019, 11:21 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Repooc17
4 segments based on the original itinerary. JFK-FRA, FRA-SIN, SIN-FRA, FRA-JFK

20,490 (miles - base @ 100%) + 20,490 (miles - additional bonus @ 100%) + 25,613 (miles - 75K bonus @ 125%) = 66,593 miles.
Your calculations are not quite correct. With Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan, direct flights like JFK-FRA-SIN and SIN-FRA-JFK that operate on the same flight number post on the Origin to Destination distance, not the sum of the distances of the individual segments. Since SQ25 & SQ26 are direct flights they will post to Mileage Plan as two segments only; JFK-SIN & SIN-JFK. From MileCalc, that distance is 9537 Miles each way, 19,074 total.

Elite Qualifying Miles (EQM) and any Class of Service (COS) Bonus is both EQM & Redeemable Miles (RDM). The additional bonus is RDM only. SQ does not have a COS Bonus for D or U fare class tickets. SQ is generally not a good option for an AS Mileage Run. It certainly is a great fare with the flexibility though. The following spreadsheet shows how this routing would post to Mileage Plan for non-status and each Elite Tier in the Mileage Plan program.

James in Kelowna
Old Mar 28, 2019, 11:52 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Crazy routing tables on some other SQ ex-US fares as well (although nothing w the peice of jfk-fra):

FROM-HOU TO-MAN CXR-SQ TVL-29MAY19 RULE-UE11 IPRA/1
FARE BASIS-D15USRLC SPECIAL FARE DIS-E VENDOR-ATP
FARE TYPE-BX RT-BUSINESS CLASS EXCURSION
USD 3370.00 CONS E21MAR19 D-INFINITY FC-D15USRLC FN-9V
SYSTEM DATES - CREATED 20MAR19/2228 EXPIRES INFINITY

**** CONSTRUCTED ROUTING HOU-MAN/SQ EF-21MAR19 DIS-INDEF
**ADDON ORG HOU TARG/1 PUBLISHED ROUTING 8942
**PUBLISHED NYC-FRA TARG/1 PUBLISHED ROUTING 6999
**ADDON DST MAN TARG/1 PUBLISHED ROUTING 8391

/VIA THE ATLANTIC/
TRAVEL MUST BE VIA NYC
TRAVEL MUST BE VIA FRA
MAP CONSTRUCTED LEFT TO RIGHT AND RIGHT TO LEFT
1. HOU-B6-NYC-SQ-FRA-LH/LX/OS-MAN
2. HOU-B6-NYC-SQ-FRA-SQ-SIN-MI/SQ-FRA-LH/LX/OS-MAN
3. HOU-B6-NYC-SQ-FRA-SQ-SIN-MI/SQ-MAN
4. HOU-B6-NYC-SQ-SIN-MI/SQ-FRA-LH/LX/OS-MAN
5. HOU-B6-NYC-SQ-SIN-MI/SQ-MAN
6. HOU-SQ-MAN
7. HOU-SQ-MAN-SQ-SIN-MI/SQ-FRA-LH/LX/OS-MAN
8. HOU-SQ-MAN-SQ-SIN-MI/SQ-MAN
9. HOU-SQ-SIN-MI/SQ-FRA-LH/LX/OS-MAN
10. HOU-SQ-SIN-MI/SQ-MAN

Last edited by stephem; Mar 29, 2019 at 12:20 am
Old Mar 29, 2019, 12:53 am

Programs: UA 1k now; AA (no status); HY Diamond; SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by stephem
Crazy routing tables on some other SQ ex-US fares as well (although nothing w the peice of jfk-fra):

does this mean there is possibility of IAH-SIN-MAN-SIN-IAH?
Old Mar 29, 2019, 5:15 am

Originally Posted by krispykrme

does this mean there is possibility of IAH-SIN-MAN-SIN-IAH?
Yes but can only find it in the $4300 price range

https://www.kayak.com/flights/IAH-SI...siness#r:0,d:7
Old Mar 29, 2019, 5:54 am

Booked JFK-FRA-SIN, SIN-FRA, FRA-SIN, SIN-FRA-JFK for ~2.500$ all in C yesterday.
Not bad for this price. Thanks OP!

Now I need to figure out how to position best to JFK then
Old Mar 29, 2019, 10:05 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Originally Posted by DevDedication
Booked JFK-FRA-SIN, SIN-FRA, FRA-SIN, SIN-FRA-JFK for ~2.500$ all in C yesterday.
Not bad for this price. Thanks OP!

Now I need to figure out how to position best to JFK then
I used this fare to get my brother and his wife to Europe from JFK, but I stuck to the standard routing as they are not mileage runners.

BTW, amex IAP shaves off 10% and if you are a plat biz card holder and pay w MRs you get 35% rebated back. I think I got his for 160k MR each pax. Wow, you could really run up some AS miles for that amount of MRs, too bad hes not crazy like me, I’d gladly visit Singapore twice on my way from NY to Frankfurt ;-)
NJSwamplands likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by stephem

I used this fare to get my brother and his wife to Europe from JFK, but I stuck to the standard routing as they are not mileage runners.

BTW, amex IAP shaves off 10% and if you are a plat biz card holder and pay w MRs you get 35% rebated back. I think I got his for 160k MR each pax. Wow, you could really run up some AS miles for that amount of MRs, too bad hes not crazy like me, I’d gladly visit Singapore twice on my way from NY to Frankfurt ;-)
I am Frankfurt based. So I used this fare to do two roundtrips to Singapore ex. FRA plus visiting New York again for a couple of days.
Actually it's quite crazy to fly from Europe to the USA just to go all the way back and continue onward to Asia.
roy2016 likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 11:53 am

Programs: Alaska,AC,Avios,
I am Frankfurt based. So I used this fare to do two roundtrips to Singapore ex. FRA plus visiting New York again for a couple of days.
Actually it's quite crazy to fly from Europe to the USA just to go all the way back and continue onward to Asia.
how are you booking this as one way , I tried using X:SIN on ITA but the fare goes up to $14k. I'm not good at using ITA , can someone share a link ? Also,is anyone still able to find those $1400 fares?
Old Mar 29, 2019, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by tdot_guy
how are you booking this as one way , I tried using X:SIN on ITA but the fare goes up to $14k. Is anyone still able to find those $1400 fares?
I'm not doing this as a one way. The ticket is booked as a roundtrip as stated JFK-(FRA)-SIN, SIN-FRA, FRA-SIN, SIN-(FRA)-JFK. But adding a separate position flight to JFK will solve this into cross booking allowing me to travel to Singapore two times.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 12:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
For those that need to position to New York from Europe, Condor has FRA-YYZ for €780 most of the summer one-way and it credits at 300% RDM to Alaska. For 90 Euros more you can add a segment with WestJet to NYC...
Old Mar 29, 2019, 12:13 pm

I'm not doing this as a one way. The ticket is booked as a roundtrip as stated JFK-(FRA)-SIN, SIN-FRA, FRA-SIN, SIN-(FRA)-JFK. But adding a separate position flight to JFK will solve this into cross booking allowing me to travel to Singapore two times.
Makes sense now , I'm trying to use first part of the ticket in october and second in Feb/March 2020. Does anyone know how long is this fare valid for?
Old Mar 29, 2019, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by tdot_guy
Makes sense now , I'm trying to use first part of the ticket in october and second in Feb/March 2020. Does anyone know how long is this fare valid for?
I did not see any date mentioned for fare validity in the terms and conditions I received after booking. But with SQ you can book in advance at max. 1 year and have to follow the maximum stay of 6 months.
I booked for December on the first trip and Feb/March on the second.
tdot_guy likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 12:39 pm

I am trying to do something similar , the cheapest I can find is $3200 USD after changing dates to Feb instead of March . Am I doing anything wrong here ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.