FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion-627/)
-   -   [PREM FARE GONE] Klm: Lax-bkk j r/t $2100usd (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/1956145-prem-fare-gone-klm-lax-bkk-j-r-t-2100usd.html)

mot29 Feb 19, 2019 11:57 am

Originally Posted by tipsyinmadras (Post 30795286)
Booked this - thanks OP.

Quick question - I've flown KLM before, credited to DL, and it was all distance/fare class based. Was just looking over how KLM credited back to Skymiles and I noticed the following wording which I hadn't recalled seeing before in the "MILEAGE EARN ON/AFTER JAN. 1, 2018" (albeit right above the "MILEAGE EARN BETWEEN FEB. 1, 2016 AND DEC. 31, 2017" link):

KLM-marketed flights will earn mileage based on the table below if they are ticketed by Delta or meet all three of the following criteria:
  1. Part of a transatlantic itinerary1;
  2. Ticketed by KLM; and
  3. Operated by either Delta or KLM
There's no similar wording for any other tier 1 partner, only KLM - what does this apply to?

Years ago, as I recall -- if ticketed by DL even with KL flight numbers, you earned based on the DL earnings charts. But if ticketed by KL (074) then whether KL or DL flight numbers, you earned by KL earning charts. Then things changed for 2018 and what mattered was the marketing carrier (flight number).
Same thing happened with a VA flight I took in Dec 2017 (new rules early). Because it was DL ticketed, I expected to earn based on fare, but the rule change meant I earned based on distance (great for MQDs).

Pocatello Feb 19, 2019 12:13 pm

This is the first deal I have ever booked from FT.

My flight leaves at the end of March. By early April I should know how this all gets credited to my Delta account.

I'm flying from LAX to AMS in Delta One suite. The ticket is from KLM, and the online instruction is to "check in with Delta" at the LAX airport.

My goal is to reach Platinum Medallion before the year is over.

flyerCO Feb 19, 2019 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by Pocatello (Post 30798137)
This is the first deal I have ever booked from FT.

My flight leaves at the end of March. By early April I should know how this all gets credited to my Delta account.

I'm flying from LAX to AMS in Delta One suite. The ticket is from KLM, and the online instruction is to "check in with Delta" at the LAX airport.

My goal is to reach Platinum Medallion before the year is over.

If the flight has a KL coding it'll credit as a KLM flight even though on DL metal.

Note there's no D1 Suites on LAX/AMS. DL flies their A330, not A350 or 777. *absent an upgauge.

flyerCO Feb 19, 2019 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by tipsyinmadras (Post 30795286)
Booked this - thanks OP.

Quick question - I've flown KLM before, credited to DL, and it was all distance/fare class based. Was just looking over how KLM credited back to Skymiles and I noticed the following wording which I hadn't recalled seeing before in the "MILEAGE EARN ON/AFTER JAN. 1, 2018" (albeit right above the "MILEAGE EARN BETWEEN FEB. 1, 2016 AND DEC. 31, 2017" link):

KLM-marketed flights will earn mileage based on the table below if they are ticketed by Delta or meet all three of the following criteria:
  1. Part of a transatlantic itinerary1;
  2. Ticketed by KLM; and
  3. Operated by either Delta or KLM
There's no similar wording for any other tier 1 partner, only KLM - what does this apply to?

It doesn't apply to anyone. No ticket issued in 2017 still would be usable. It was an attempt to make KL flights earn like DL within DL program due to JV. Failed miserably due to how complicated it was, and KL didn't always send fare info, and the onward AMS flight could be to somewhere outside their JV.

shumayun Feb 19, 2019 7:26 pm

This fare is gone!

tipsyinmadras Feb 20, 2019 11:56 am

Originally Posted by flyerCO (Post 30798504)
It doesn't apply to anyone. No ticket issued in 2017 still would be usable. It was an attempt to make KL flights earn like DL within DL program due to JV. Failed miserably due to how complicated it was, and KL didn't always send fare info, and the onward AMS flight could be to somewhere outside their JV.

Thanks for clarifying! I suspected it was something like that.

Pocatello Mar 22, 2019 10:40 pm

On Monday 3/25/2019 I fly from LAX to AMS with a 12 hour layover in Amsterdam from 8am to 8pm.

Then a non-stop to KUL, Malaysia. I'm staying for 7 nights before returning KUL-AMS-LAX.

Thanks for posting this deal!

dp555 Mar 23, 2019 11:14 am

Anyone still seeing this fare? I'm looking for a ~month long itinerary in October or November, no luck searching Google Flights

cls06j Mar 23, 2019 11:18 am

Originally Posted by DNPierson1 (Post 30920789)
Anyone still seeing this fare? I'm looking for a ~month long itinerary in October or November, no luck searching Google Flights

long gone

pinoysojourner Apr 18, 2019 3:59 pm

My BKK-DEL portion was on Jet Airways and is now cancelled. Any one have guidance or in the same boat? Will KLM take responsibility - it's a KLM ticket?