Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Ac business class | was-lhr rt $1364

[PREM FARE GONE] Ac business class | was-lhr rt $1364

Old Jan 31, 2019, 4:09 pm

Programs: Free agent flyer, Hyatt Globalist
Just got a call from an Air Canada rep to follow up about reissuing my tickets which I bought on the Big-O. I bought 2 adults and 1 infant lap child on Orbitz for a total of $2,996.44:
Adult 1: $1,127.00 (Flight: $675.00 Taxes & Fees: $452.00)
Adult 2: $1,127.00 (Flight: $675.00 Taxes & Fees: $452.00)
Infant: $742.44 (Flight $675.00 Taxes & Fees: $67.44)

Apparently the infant ticket was overcharged, so they refunded the original infant charge and re-charged $345 (which amounts to ~$400 net refund to me). The adult tickets are now issued as P-fares.

The downside is that it took 1 hour and 37 minutes on the phone to resolve this, but well done Air Canada!

Also FWIW, the rep told me that the fare was a mistake where business class seats were being sold at premium economy prices...shrug.
haroon145, justsawaufo and TyPo311 like this.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 7:01 pm

Never got an email from Orbitz, but got one from AC with a receipt as if I had purchased directly from them, reclassing everything as P.

Interesting was that there was a "Ticket Peculiarities" section that stated "FARE FILE ERROR R TO P", which should end debate over whether this was an error or not.
nomadic.relief likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by ntr91
Never got an email from Orbitz, but got one from AC with a receipt as if I had purchased directly from them, reclassing everything as P.

Interesting was that there was a "Ticket Peculiarities" section that stated "FARE FILE ERROR R TO P", which should end debate over whether this was an error or not.
Don't think there was ever a real debate about whether or not this fare was a "mistake" - it would make very little sense for an airline to have sub $1200 RT J tickets from quite literally ever major US city to every major European city.

I think the point was that referring to the fare as a "mistake" then shows the airline that we knew exactly what was going on and can't play coy about the details of the fare.

Did Orbitz refund you and did you get a new charge from AC? I would love for that to happen to me as I used my Amex plat and the 5x points would be awesome.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 4:41 pm

Programs: SWA A-List, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Similar to many other people, I got an email saying my ticket was canceled, then got another from AC reissuing the ticket we already selected seats. Used the new booking number to select different seats today. As a DP I booked relatively soon after this thread started and my travel is in 2 weeks.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by ntr91
I see AC P earning 200% on the UA site (along with all other miles-eligible business class fare classes): https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly...ir-canada.html
Any idea if these tickets will qualify for any PQD spend? I have United silver and this would definitely help me to re-qualify if I credit to UA, just not really how PQD work on non UA metal.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 8:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by TyPo311
Any idea if these tickets will qualify for any PQD spend? I have United silver and this would definitely help me to re-qualify if I credit to UA, just not really how PQD work on non UA metal.
No, because the ticket was issued by AC.
TyPo311 likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 3:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by George84
Feb 14: FLL-YUL-CDG
Feb 18: CDG-YUL-FLL
Everything went smoothly?
Old Feb 15, 2019, 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by justsawaufo
Everything went smoothly?
Yes, but AC check-in agent at FLL refused to enter TSA precheck number unless we had a card to show her, and after leaving the counter we realized she didn’t not give us our YUL-CDG boarding pass. She seemed like she was having a bad day—I guess I would too if I worked at FLL.

Our flight out of FLL was delayed so we only had about 40 mins to connect in YUL so no lounge. They whisked us through immigration and through some back doors and got us straight to the plane. I guess there were also some late passengers getting on a London flight too so they were expecting us and handled it beautifully.

Flight from YUL on 777 was a dream. Great food. Everything went smoothly. Slept 5 or so hours and woke up about 40 mins before landing. FA’s were great.
justsawaufo and TyPo311 like this.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 10:48 am

Yes, but AC check-in agent at FLL refused to enter TSA precheck number unless we had a card to show her, and after leaving the counter we realized she didn’t not give us our YUL-CDG boarding pass. She seemed like she was having a bad day—I guess I would too if I worked at FLL.

Our flight out of FLL was delayed so we only had about 40 mins to connect in YUL so no lounge. They whisked us through immigration and through some back doors and got us straight to the plane. I guess there were also some late passengers getting on a London flight too so they were expecting us and handled it beautifully.

Flight from YUL on 777 was a dream. Great food. Everything went smoothly. Slept 5 or so hours and woke up about 40 mins before landing. FA’s were great.
Glad things went well, I'm leaving in a few days, I'll report back when I get back.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 2:19 pm

Flew DEN > YYZ > LHR last week and returned this week, everything went as expected. I was able to use the signature suite with in Toronto, which seemed like a much less busy version of an Amex centurion Lounge. It was essentially like any other business class fare I have booked.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 2:21 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AS MVPG, Globalist
Miles post OK?
Old Mar 3, 2019, 9:45 pm

I credited them to UA and they posted. No PQDs on this fare class though.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 2:47 pm

I credited them to UA and they posted. No PQDs on this fare class though.
Did they credit at 150% or 200%?
Old Mar 8, 2019, 10:28 am

Just as a data point - miles, COS miles, and (expectedly) sad AQD all posted for first legs.

No problems accessing lounge, had a great dinner, now to figure out if interlining luggage or pushing carry on limit is best approach to get home.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 3:14 pm

Programs: UA Gold (1MM), Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
For those crediting to UA, how do you add your UA MP number to the reservation? I didn't enter my number during booking and I'm not seeing any options to add/edit. Can that only be done over the phone or during checkin?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.