Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Ac business class | was-lhr rt $1364

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] Ac business class | was-lhr rt $1364

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2019, 3:16 pm

Programs: UA 1P MM, AA-PP, AS, DL, HH G, SPG Gold, TA nada
Originally Posted by dordal
I have to say thats a fairly awesome fare basis. At least somebody has a sense of humor.

I'm flying in April, and mine hasn't been changed yet.

Seriously, Kudo's to AC for being so Canadian about this. I couldn't be happier.
Looks like we are going to get Signature service. Nice, although I don't think I will be able to enjoy it. SFO-YUL-CDG - no signature suite at YUL. CDG-YYZ-SFO, Suite at YYZ but not sure if I can access it at YYZ after international flight but before trans-border flight. Are Halls E and F connected at YYZ?
Old Jan 25, 2019, 3:28 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AS MVPG, Globalist
Originally Posted by zoegksf
Seriously, Kudo's to AC for being so Canadian about this. I couldn't be happier.
Looks like we are going to get Signature service. Nice, although I don't think I will be able to enjoy it. SFO-YUL-CDG - no signature suite at YUL. CDG-YYZ-SFO, Suite at YYZ but not sure if I can access it at YYZ after international flight but before trans-border flight. Are Halls E and F connected at YYZ?
No, you can't. You'll go through transit security and into the US pre-clearance area, and you'll get to enjoy the Maple Leaf Lounge.
zoegksf likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 8:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dordal
No, you can't. You'll go through transit security and into the US pre-clearance area, and you'll get to enjoy the Maple Leaf Lounge.

My return flight is LHR-YYZ-DCA and I have about 4 hours in YYZ... can I start at the SS and closer to the flight time continue to the preclearance area?
Old Jan 26, 2019, 12:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by justsawaufo
My return flight is LHR-YYZ-DCA and I have about 4 hours in YYZ... can I start at the SS and closer to the flight time continue to the preclearance area?
No, it simply isn't possible, nor are you eligible. You need a departing boarding pass in paid J for another continent.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 1:36 pm

Bugger, I really wasn't expecting them to change SS access ... now how do I tell my aunt I no longer have time to meet her for a beer and quick visit at the YYZ Sheraton!
canadiancow and justsawaufo like this.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 6:40 pm

Programs: AC MM SE, Marriott Titanium - Lifetime Plat 2nd Class, National Executive, Avis PP
Thumbs up

, Kudo's to AC for being so Canadian about this. I couldn't be happier.

+1

After so many flight delays in the past 12 months, AC has made up for them all

Well handled AC...

CC
Old Jan 27, 2019, 9:23 pm

Programs: UA Gold (1MM), Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
My itineraries are still showing R class. Booked via Orbitz. Anyone else still waiting for theirs to get updated?
Old Jan 27, 2019, 9:54 pm

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
Originally Posted by justsawaufo
No.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 9:55 pm

I booked on Expedia, still showing R. Not sure how late I was to the game. I suspect it'll take a while to fix everyone considering all the different sources and the fact that R fares do actually exist, just not really in this way. Patience .. unless you're flying out next week.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 6:37 pm

I booked a ticket through Cheapoair, and was able to select seats on the same day. Then, I started getting phone calls from Cheapoair staff who would leave voicemails every time about an issue with the booking. I never picked up any of the calls and after a week they cancelled the ticket. No idea why they cancelled it.

I'll probably avoid booking through Cheapoair from now on. I don't like responding to unsolicited calls and don't have much unscheduled time during the day to field calls. If they want to communicate about the ticket, they should email about the issue; their emails only said to call them back. The calls came from a variety of numbers and area codes. One even showed up as "Unknown" on caller ID. I wonder if their customer service staff work from home and use their own phones.

I'm not even mad that they cancelled it. Though feel free to let me know if you had the same experience. Just, the calls are very annoying.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by princesakura
I booked a ticket through Cheapoair, and was able to select seats on the same day. Then, I started getting phone calls from Cheapoair staff who would leave voicemails every time about an issue with the booking. I never picked up any of the calls and after a week they cancelled the ticket. No idea why they cancelled it.
Was it canceled by Cheapoair or "canceled" by AC? OP had Expedia tell him AC "canceled" his reservation, only to have it reissued as a P fare.

As for me, I'm still booked in R, waiting on the "cancellation".
Old Jan 28, 2019, 11:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
What do the fare rules say about name changes?

Asking for two friends.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 11:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by canadiancow
What do the fare rules say about name changes?
Asking for two friends.
It‘s probably easier for your friends to legally change their names than to get AC to agree to a name change on this fare.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 9:17 pm

Received an email from Expedia saying Air Canada had cancelled my flight - reached out to AC on twitter and they informed me they had re-issued the ticket as a P fare and I was able to then select seats online. Reservation is intact.

Now question is where to credit P miles to on SFO-YUL-FCO-YYZ-SFO ... thinking UA as this should credit at 200%, correct?
Old Jan 29, 2019, 10:49 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AS MVPG, Globalist
No UA will credit 150%. There's a type-o on the site, P is listed as both 150% and 200%.

What date are you flying? Mine hasn't been reissued yet; I'm going in April.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.