Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Ac business class | was-lhr rt $1364

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] Ac business class | was-lhr rt $1364

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2019, 8:19 am

Programs: SWA A-List, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by 15cats
People act like this price is a clear error based on the price alone. Does anyone actually look at the other deals posted in this forum??? I just pulled up CDG-JFK on OW for ~$1222 since that deal is still live. Nobody over there saying that's a clear error. There are deals from Europe to the US for $1200 quite often nowadays. Not all routes at all times, but certainly somewhat common. It's part of return based airline pricing - they price what the market can bear. And if you really think that AAA-BBB-AAA is not the same as BBB-AAA-BBB, you are clearly too naive. One can easily isolate the price of AAA-BBB-AAA based on two nested BBB-AAA-BBB roundtrips. I mention this because they'd have a hard time defending in any judicial setting that $1300 from the US to Europe in J is clearly an error while many competitors (and possible even themselves) are selling the reverse for similar prices.

To be clear I don't think they intended to book into R class, so take that for what it's worth. But then again I wouldn't be the one having to prove it's clearly an unreasonable price for business because it isn't.
Completely agree, it's not like this was the deal of the century.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 9:35 am

Programs: UA 1K
Now that the dust has settled.
Who’s got this deal and who’s flying in Feb/March?

I want to know if this earn miles!
Old Jan 24, 2019, 10:05 am
Original Member

Location: The shape-shifting urban sprawl that is El Lay. FT member #71.
Programs: UA Gold & MM; DL & AA credit card dirt status; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Fool's Gold
Had a conversation last night about 7pm EST which indicated (I'm paraphrasing) that as of 10:35am, access to "R" inventory was locked out while the IT Department fixes some code. The very bubbly woman personally estimated it would be at least 24 hours before it would be resolved. She first suggested I go to Expedia, then after doing a little research she found any advisory message which indicated the problem was on the AC side.

She also offered that AC's website was misbehaving all day yesterday, and the call queues were very long due to it, along with bad weather. I used the callback system and it took about 25 minutes for my reply.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 12:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Craig6z
Had a conversation last night about 7pm EST which indicated (I'm paraphrasing) that as of 10:35am, access to "R" inventory was locked out while the IT Department fixes some code. The very bubbly woman personally estimated it would be at least 24 hours before it would be resolved. She first suggested I go to Expedia, then after doing a little research she found any advisory message which indicated the problem was on the AC side.

She also offered that AC's website was misbehaving all day yesterday, and the call queues were very long due to it, along with bad weather. I used the callback system and it took about 25 minutes for my reply.
It's not, and it hasn't been.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 1:15 pm

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
Originally Posted by justsawaufo
I still can't select seats though. AC are telling me to contact Expedia and Expedia are telling me to contact AC..
Get your AC RLOC from Expedia and use AC's online tool
Old Jan 24, 2019, 1:21 pm

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
Originally Posted by pmarrsouth
where do you see this?
Look at the fare in EF. It is an E class fare (premium economy mid-tier bucket) with an instant upgrade to AC's usual upgrade class of R. Similarly where you look at your reservation on AC's website, it says the same.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by N1120A
Get your AC RLOC from Expedia and use AC's online tool
Unfortunately that doesn't work.
https://services.aircanada.com/Servi....do?session=0#

After selecting seats for every flight and click the confirm button I get a long delay (maybe a minute or two) and then an error:

Code:
Gateway Timeout
The proxy server did not receive a timely response from the upstream server.
So...hopefully something that they can fix.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 2:11 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by pmarrsouth
Too bad about 0 mile earning

Originally Posted by N1120A
Look at the fare in EF. It is an E class fare (premium economy mid-tier bucket) with an instant upgrade to AC's usual upgrade class of R. Similarly where you look at your reservation on AC's website, it says the same.
"E" in the 6th column = Economy, not fare bucket E. If you were/are seeing it as "E" somewhere else then please post it - along with what it says on your reservation on AC
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 8:54 am
Original Poster

Another great news!
Access to SS will be granted and any additional services as if you’d bought a P fare ticket

AC confirmation
Craig6z, zoegksf and FindAWay like this.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 11:15 am

Programs: UA 1P MM, AA-PP, AS, DL, HH G, SPG Gold, TA nada
Another great news!
Access to SS will be granted and any additional services as if you’d bought a P fare ticket

AC confirmation
Fantastic. It just gets better, feel bad for people who thought it wasn't mileage accrual and didn't buy the ticket. I didn't care, miles are just icing on the cake. Now if they would just fix their IT problem...
Old Jan 25, 2019, 11:31 am
Original Poster

Another update!

I just got notified by Expedia that my flight was cancelled by AC ... however, when I login to AC, I can see that they reissued the ticket with P class and I can now select seats properly.

Flights also showing SS access!

pmarrsouth and TyPo311 like this.

Last edited by justsawaufo; Jan 25, 2019 at 11:38 am
Old Jan 25, 2019, 1:16 pm

New fare basis is PFARECREATE
Old Jan 25, 2019, 1:16 pm
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA*1K, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
I just got notified by Expedia that my flight was cancelled by AC ... however, when I login to AC, I can see that they reissued the ticket with P class and I can now select seats properly.
Hmm, they must be fixing them based on travel date; I booked mine for the end of September, and they still show an upgraded R class.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by Absolute
Hmm, they must be fixing them based on travel date; I booked mine for the end of September, and they still show an upgraded R class.
Definitely not. I suspect ticketing date based on when my friends are getting notified.

I'm end of May, and I have an April friend who's still waiting.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 2:10 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AS MVPG, Globalist
Originally Posted by canadiancow
New fare basis is PFARECREATE
I have to say thats a fairly awesome fare basis. At least somebody has a sense of humor.

I'm flying in April, and mine hasn't been changed yet.
FindAWay and canadiancow like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.