Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Ac business class | was-lhr rt $1364

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] Ac business class | was-lhr rt $1364

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2019, 3:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by zoegksf
That is what I read on AC's site too. Looks like if one is to credit to UA on non-016 ticket stock, it also gets 200% mileage bump too.
But it's not P, it's R. The SS page says something like "it must be originally booked in JCDZP", so even if they were to reticket everyone into P class, it still technically wouldn't be eligible (though I suspect you'd get in).

Originally Posted by hirohito888
I agree, nothing operationally wrong with them selling a R fare. I was just wondering, if this was truly promotional/intentional, why code it as R in the first place then tell people it will credit as P but no SSL access because it's still a R fare. Unless we're seeing the unbundling of business class fares.
Sorry. I meant that at first glance (i.e. before they killed it), there was a good reason to believe it was a promotional fare.

With hindsight, it's much more likely they made a mistake. (i.e. it was a UA R (PY) fare that somehow allowed booking AC R)
Old Jan 23, 2019, 3:40 pm

Out of curiosity are there are general rules for where the line is drawn between an error fare and a promo fare? I think in the case of AC it could be argued that for many of the routes, it's more of a deep discount promo fare (i.e. WAS->LHR) whereas in the case of CX, $700 in F is clearly a publicity stunt and/or error fare.

-James
Old Jan 23, 2019, 3:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by j2simpso
Out of curiosity are there are general rules for where the line is drawn between an error fare and a promo fare? I think in the case of AC it could be argued that for many of the routes, it's more of a deep discount promo fare (i.e. WAS->LHR) whereas in the case of CX, $700 in F is clearly a publicity stunt and/or error fare.

-James
For the record, in this forum we should never use ERROR fares or MISTAKE fares. A few years ago, LX refused to honour some deeply discounted fares and in their submission to CTA, they used quotes from FT which used the words error and mistake to argue that people who booked these, knew that this wasn’t a valid fare. So please refrain from using those words ever again. We only report promotional fares here!
Old Jan 23, 2019, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by margarita girl

For the record, in this forum we should never use ERROR fares or MISTAKE fares. A few years ago, LX refused to honour some deeply discounted fares and in their submission to CTA, they used quotes from FT which used the words error and mistake to argue that people who booked these, knew that this wasn’t a valid fare. So please refrain from using those words ever again. We only report promotional fares here!
Fare enough! I've never seen an error fare appear on FT just very competitive deep discount promotional fares
margarita girl likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
With hindsight, it's much more likely they made a mistake. (i.e. it was a UA R (PY) fare that somehow allowed booking AC R)
It's hard to make such complicated "mistake" -- program an incorrect fare bucket, mislabel it as "flexible fare", direct a shill to open a new twitter account and inquire about "error fares", then issue conflicting promises to further confuse customers.
When a provider goes to such length to muddy the water, it's always to deliver less than expected.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 3:54 pm

On a side note, what's the best program to credit AC R fares to? Checking where to credit they list SQ, SA and BR as being possibilities!
Old Jan 23, 2019, 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by MaxVO
It's hard to make such complicated "mistake" -- program an incorrect fare bucket, mislabel it as "flexible fare", direct a shill to open a new twitter account and inquire about "error fares", then issue conflicting promises to further confuse customers.
When a provider goes to such length to muddy the water, it's always to deliver less than expected.
I-class is labeled as "Flexible" on AC's site as well, but in both cases, only AFTER booking.

AC did not sell any of these, so if you saw the word "flexible" anywhere before purchase, take it up with the (O)TA.

And it was a fare published by UA (hence the R class), not AC.

If they tell me now that it was a mistake, I'll believe them. But the price and booking class were such that I had no reason to believe that at time of booking.

But aside from the FP mishap (which is not a "fare"), I can't recall any time AC has cancelled any "mistake fares".
Old Jan 23, 2019, 4:28 pm

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by pantoot
Stupid question, and I apologize, but having never flown AC before and really having only stuck to oneworld...
Signature suite aside, would I be able to access the other Maple Leaf lounges (or other star alliance lounges) with this R class?
(searching I can't really find any references to R class other than the exclusion from the signature suite)
Yes, you should have access to the regular MLL by virtue of a business class ticket,
pantoot likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 4:29 pm

Programs: UA 1P MM, AA-PP, AS, DL, HH G, SPG Gold, TA nada
So, we are entering the 24 hours since this fare was first posted here. Maybe we should report ticketing success.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 4:35 pm

So, we are entering the 24 hours since this fare was first posted here. Maybe we should report ticketing success.
We purchased LAX-MAD for $1125 each through Expedia, it ticketed within 5 minutes. We are currently unable to select seats but the reservation looks fine on AC's website.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 5:22 pm

Programs: UA 1P MM, AA-PP, AS, DL, HH G, SPG Gold, TA nada
Originally Posted by CNMAZ
We purchased LAX-MAD for $1125 each through Expedia, it ticketed within 5 minutes. We are currently unable to select seats but the reservation looks fine on AC's website.
Oops, should have been more clear. I meant that charge actually showed up on CC. Mine ticketed within 5 minutes too but the charge is still pending. Also can not reserve seats, add FF number (just in case), passport number - basically nothing. AC's IT leaves something to be desired.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 5:25 pm

I spoke w/ AC on twitter as well and they are honoring the fare. Trying to get them to assign me seats as well via twitter, will report back.
TyPo311 likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 6:45 pm

Oops, should have been more clear. I meant that charge actually showed up on CC. Mine ticketed within 5 minutes too but the charge is still pending. Also can not reserve seats, add FF number (just in case), passport number - basically nothing. AC's IT leaves something to be desired.
Apparently Expedia had my FF number on file, because it was passed through and shows up correctly on AC.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 7:26 pm

Programs: DL plat
People act like this price is a clear error based on the price alone. Does anyone actually look at the other deals posted in this forum??? I just pulled up CDG-JFK on OW for ~$1222 since that deal is still live. Nobody over there saying that's a clear error. There are deals from Europe to the US for $1200 quite often nowadays. Not all routes at all times, but certainly somewhat common. It's part of return based airline pricing - they price what the market can bear. And if you really think that AAA-BBB-AAA is not the same as BBB-AAA-BBB, you are clearly too naive. One can easily isolate the price of AAA-BBB-AAA based on two nested BBB-AAA-BBB roundtrips. I mention this because they'd have a hard time defending in any judicial setting that $1300 from the US to Europe in J is clearly an error while many competitors (and possible even themselves) are selling the reverse for similar prices.

To be clear I don't think they intended to book into R class, so take that for what it's worth. But then again I wouldn't be the one having to prove it's clearly an unreasonable price for business because it isn't.
SFO777 and canadiancow like this.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 8:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kthpence
I spoke w/ AC on twitter as well and they are honoring the fare. Trying to get them to assign me seats as well via twitter, will report back.
Did you get a reply in regards to the seating assignment?
I haven't received anything new personally.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.