Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Austrian: BKK-VIE direct return for $970

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] Austrian: BKK-VIE direct return for $970

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2019, 8:53 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by DrSE
I can report success I was flying on 11. to VIE but my ticket was not Issued by Austrian. It seems like they only void their own tickets.
Good to hear that!
I have a hunch too. As Trip.com/Ctrip.com agent called me on the last workday before Chinese New Year, I said please don't call until you have a real option to discuss, and the agent said okay and they would call on the very first workday when the holiday was over. So, it's been three days and they have not called yet, meanwhile, the booking is intact on both OS site and Trip.com.
I don't think a USD 1k fare is that low for a 10 hrs flight, even it is in J. That said, I guess they have done the math and think it just okay to honour?
Old Feb 13, 2019, 9:51 pm

guess it's safe to start booking for hotels and train ticket now :-)

Originally Posted by moreismore
Good to hear that!
I have a hunch too. As Trip.com/Ctrip.com agent called me on the last workday before Chinese New Year, I said please don't call until you have a real option to discuss, and the agent said okay and they would call on the very first workday when the holiday was over. So, it's been three days and they have not called yet, meanwhile, the booking is intact on both OS site and Trip.com.
I don't think a USD 1k fare is that low for a 10 hrs flight, even it is in J. That said, I guess they have done the math and think it just okay to honour?
Old Feb 14, 2019, 3:00 am

Originally Posted by annielee
guess it's safe to start booking for hotels and train ticket now :-)
Better call the airline and OTA to confirm?

Last edited by moreismore; Feb 14, 2019 at 3:09 am
Old Feb 14, 2019, 3:33 am

Smile

I can report success I was flying on 11. to VIE but my ticket was not Issued by Austrian. It seems like they only void their own tickets.
Congratulations! Finally we have some good news
Old Feb 15, 2019, 1:30 am

Originally Posted by Naphat

There is someone traveling on February 14. I don’t know him(or her) in personal.Now, he(or she) can complete check-in online. I am waiting and hope he can board successfully.
Hi, any news from him/her?
Old Feb 15, 2019, 1:32 am

Hi, ur ticket was issued by whom? Please tell us more detail about ur case.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 2:39 am

Originally Posted by Laughing
Hi, any news from him/her?
OS office in Thailand contacted him/her persornally 4-5hrs before the departure time. OS staff said, after discussing with the head office on a case by case basis, he/she only have 3 options proposed by the airline. They have also informed the station manager at BKK that he/she shouldn’t be able to fly. So he/she backed out.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 2:54 am

Originally Posted by Wachirawit Witchy Srimanas

OS office in Thailand contacted him/her persornally 4-5hrs before the departure time. OS staff said, after discussing with the head office on a case by case basis, he/she only have 3 options proposed by the airline. They have also informed the station manager at BKK that he/she shouldn’t be able to fly. So he/she backed out.
Thx for the update dude, going to call my OTA to cancel my ticket and get the refund, OS is ....
Old Feb 15, 2019, 3:01 am

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver

Case by case? Are they out of their mind?
Old Feb 15, 2019, 3:03 am

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
Do you mean you ticket was not starting with 257 or that you 257 ticket was issued by an agent?
Old Feb 15, 2019, 3:31 am

Programs: Aeroplan

5 hours?
Absolutely disgraceful handling of the file. OS evidently just as bad as Ethiopian Airlines in BKK at managing these things; even MH handled their recent debacle in a more responsible fashion.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by Frayed_Yak
5 hours?
Absolutely disgraceful handling of the file. OS evidently just as bad as Ethiopian Airlines in BKK at managing these things; even MH handled their recent debacle in a more responsible fashion.
This is absurd!
How could OS turn a moderate mess into a disastrous one... Impressed by their team.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 2:38 pm

Good old germans
Old Feb 15, 2019, 3:55 pm

Just called Expedia TH, and they confirmed my ticket is valid and i definitely can fly..next call will be to OS..

Originally Posted by moreismore

Better call the airline and OTA to confirm?
Old Feb 15, 2019, 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by annielee
Just called Expedia TH, and they confirmed my ticket is valid and i definitely can fly..next call will be to OS..
Wait until OS and airport control take over the ticket from Expedia

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.