Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Austrian: BKK-VIE direct return for $970

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] Austrian: BKK-VIE direct return for $970

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2019, 2:53 am

Datapoint: my booking reference code changed. It shows the old original on the OS site but when I email a copy of the booking to my email it shows a new code. Same new code is on the Saudia site with coupon status: open for use. I entered the new code into the OS site and it shows my flight information intact.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 3:09 am
qsh

Programs: AS MVP BR *G
I tried Saudi too

Coupon Void
But show as confirmed and paid

Can anyone explain to me what it means??
Old Jan 23, 2019, 4:31 am

Programs: UAMP, DLSM, EYEG, QRPC
Originally Posted by qsh
I tried Saudi too

Coupon Void
But show as confirmed and paid

Can anyone explain to me what it means??
If the status shows Exchanged, NOGO, Void, Refunded, Suspended, or Closed, you won’t be able to use those coupons to fly.

reference: https://dcta.boardingarea.com/2015/0...s-and-tickets/
Old Jan 23, 2019, 5:53 am
qsh

I called Austrian Airlines
And they confirmed that the ticket is cancelled.
Apparently there has been an issue with their ticketing system
And the payment has not gone through, and will be released in a couple hours.

Last edited by qsh; Jan 23, 2019 at 6:04 am
Old Jan 23, 2019, 7:13 am

Booked one as well, still open on OS but VOID on SAUDIA. If the payment is gone through normally Austrian is very fair. see their commitment:

"When placing a booking at one auf the Austrian Airlines' Group Carriers you can be sure that the applicable fare will not be increased. This means that after payment for the ticket has been made, no fare increase will apply for the date, flight and class of service booked by you. However, any change in taxes, fees and carrier charges is subject to additional payment or refund."

As far as I can see the eroor is in the fare not the surcharges

I'm pretty sure mine gone through as my bank called me and asked me to confirm for security reasons and my online my statement shows money is gone already. Latest rumors in other forums say Booking reference starting with an Uxxxx is the only one still not canceled, anyone with a non U reference still confirmed on OS website?
Old Jan 23, 2019, 7:54 am
qsh

Originally Posted by floxorius
I'm pretty sure mine gone through as my bank called me and asked me to confirm for security reasons and my online my statement shows money is gone already. Latest rumors in other forums say Booking reference starting with an Uxxxx is the only one still not canceled, anyone with a non U reference still confirmed on OS website?
My one start with U (and is for this sunday!)
but I called and they said is cancelled...
Old Jan 23, 2019, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by qsh
My one start with U (and is for this sunday!)
but I called and they said is cancelled...
Any chance they spoke of some sort of compensation for cancelling your flight that's only days away? My flight is in two weeks, PNR starts with U and is still confirmed. I couldn't check on Saudia but checked to see it's confirmed on Lufthansa as well.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 1:21 pm

I think that “U” Rumor is unfounded. Mine starts with a U and was cancelled very early.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 3:04 pm

Mine starts with U and it's still confirmed and open for use.. (fingers cross)
Old Jan 23, 2019, 7:56 pm
tya

Programs: TK Miles&Smiles, AAdvantage, Flying Blue
What's really frustrating is not that they chose not to honor tickets or not, but say nothing and do things sneakily. Like my itinerary is still confirmed but void. What does that even mean?
I know people saying that a VOID ticket means cancelled, but they also haven't refunded (or mentioned how and when they would refund) me.
Since it still says Confirmed when I checked it on Asutrian website. God knows I should start making alternative travel plans or keep waiting OS to say something (if they ever will?)???
A responsible and ethical airline should step out and make an announcement so passengers know what to expect. Really disappointed by Austrian and LH Group this time.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 9:51 pm

you are right on point, as im not sure should i start booking for hotels or even train ticket or not.. normally how long should we wait if we didnt hear anything from them ?

Originally Posted by tya
What's really frustrating is not that they chose not to honor tickets or not, but say nothing and do things sneakily. Like my itinerary is still confirmed but void. What does that even mean?
I know people saying that a VOID ticket means cancelled, but they also haven't refunded (or mentioned how and when they would refund) me.
Since it still says Confirmed when I checked it on Asutrian website. God knows I should start making alternative travel plans or keep waiting OS to say something (if they ever will?)???
A responsible and ethical airline should step out and make an announcement so passengers know what to expect. Really disappointed by Austrian and LH Group this time.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 11:33 pm

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
Originally Posted by qsh
Apparently there has been an issue with their ticketing system
And the payment has not gone through, and will be released in a couple hours.

That does not sound suspisios at all... I mean payment issues on ticketing this specific fare...
Old Jan 23, 2019, 11:50 pm
tya

Programs: TK Miles&Smiles, AAdvantage, Flying Blue
Originally Posted by annielee
you are right on point, as im not sure should i start booking for hotels or even train ticket or not.. normally how long should we wait if we didnt hear anything from them ?
I really suspect now it's OS intentionally do this. They will play the game of chicken, and those who fear being denied boarding will either call them or cancel the ticket. Perhaps in some better cases OS can even claim the EUR280 ish ticket cancellation fee. If that's why OS has chose to stay silent and say nothing, that's really disgusting and irresponsible of them.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 1:30 am

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
Originally Posted by tya
I really suspect now it's OS intentionally do this. They will play the game of chicken, and those who fear being denied boarding will either call them or cancel the ticket. Perhaps in some better cases OS can even claim the EUR280 ish ticket cancellation fee. If that's why OS has chose to stay silent and say nothing, that's really disgusting and irresponsible of them.
That's too much of a conspiracy theory and a bit of disrespect to OS. Relax and wait, its popcorn time.
raunow and KenGreen888 like this.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 1:52 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, JL Gold, AS MVP Gold, VA Gold
Originally Posted by Keter
That's too much of a conspiracy theory and a bit of disrespect to OS. Relax and wait, its popcorn time.
<br /><br />Does OS respect the customers who booked the tickets. No any official announcements on the bug ticket, only cancelled the tickets without any notice. This .... airlines doesn't deserve any respect, and should be bankrupted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.