Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Austrian: BKK-VIE direct return for $970

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] Austrian: BKK-VIE direct return for $970

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2019, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by dfs24
Higher chance if you just ask the media to cover it.
anyone can ask media to cover this
Old Jan 22, 2019, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by Keter
Hopefully the media put parallel with CX.

Also there is a lot of bargaining power on the side of Chinese travel agents and they can force OS to change their mind (I have little undestanding of Chinese law and customer plans but seems big travel agents often provide alternative flights at their own cost or at least provide some good compensation).
Chinese airlines do not compensate at all for any reason. That is why the travel agents have to provide their own cost, I guess.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 8:08 am

Programs: SQ AA TK
Originally Posted by Keter
Hopefully the media put parallel with CX.

Also there is a lot of bargaining power on the side of Chinese travel agents and they can force OS to change their mind (I have little undestanding of Chinese law and customer plans but seems big travel agents often provide alternative flights at their own cost or at least provide some good compensation).
Expedia used to do that a few years back, but not anymore. Not sure about Chinese OTA. I always found their customer service to be quite poor.

Originally Posted by WilliamAWL

anyone can ask media to cover this
I'd wait a little and see how this plays out. They have not contacted anyone with a reason for cancellation. If you go to the media too early, they could say it was an IT error and that they are investigating.

Speculating; OS made a decision to cancel because they thought, no media = nevermind. Or they think TH courts would not bother with any complaints. Or they are just being like Swiss in LH group and have it their way.

But I had a couple of SEA-EU tickets previously bought around this price point, so its' not exactly unimaginable.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 8:10 am

I literally booked this deal while getting a haircut today! (haven't gotten a trim in a year haha) - mine hasn't gotten canceled yet
Old Jan 22, 2019, 8:26 am
tya

Programs: TK Miles&Smiles, AAdvantage, Flying Blue
Mine also not cancelled yet. Someone at a Chinese website said s/he contacted OS and heard they are manually cancelling these tickets.
The question is has OS really decided to not honor all tickets? How long should people wait until they make further arrangements?
Old Jan 22, 2019, 8:36 am

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
Originally Posted by tya
The question is has OS really decided to not honor all tickets? How long should people wait until they make further arrangements?
Looking into seatmaps i may suggest they sold quite a lot
Old Jan 22, 2019, 9:03 am

Programs: ROP*P, Air Berlin*G, HH*Diamond, Marriott*P, Accord*P, SPG*G, Club Carlson*G, IHG*G
booking via OS website. Booking still active.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 9:44 am

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
Originally Posted by cmdsea
Yup. Its gone. Let me select seats and input payment details before the dreaded "call customer service" error message came up so think I missed it by a whisker...

Congrats to all that managed to get in on it :-)
Could you please change if you can change the return date/ routing? On LH web it recalculates to the current fares. AF blocks bug fares to be revalidated in Amadeus, but that seems to work in case the ticket was issued via other GDSs. Just curious. The reason is that changes may hide the tickets from OS view (but most likely of course they look into bookings and not tickets and their statuses).
Old Jan 22, 2019, 10:29 am

Programs: SEN
Originally Posted by superpointsLXflyer
I could book it on United.com but no ticket numbers so far. Probably I was too late for the party as well
Now I got the mail from United confiming that I missed it:

Dear Mr. superpointsLXflyer,

Thank you for booking your travel on www.united.com.

We are unable to ticket the above-referenced reservation. Some airlines require 24 hours to confirm a seat on their flight. In this case, we were unable to confirm your flight(s) on Austrian Airlines.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 2:46 pm

Mine still active, booked via Expedia Thailand..
Old Jan 22, 2019, 11:09 pm
qsh

Programs: AS MVP BR *G
So I contacted them on Facebook regarding the fare...

Hi Naby,
we are currently assessing the situation. We will get in touch with you as soon as we have more information. We apologize for the inconvenience. Kind regards, Silvia

I booked for next week... Fingers crossed and I still haven't booked my connecting flight to BKK
Old Jan 22, 2019, 11:56 pm
tya

Just received this information from Taiwanese forum.
So you can check your ticket using Saudia's website. Type in etkt number and it will show "coupon status"

My status now shows "Void" instead of "Open for Use", while on OS website it still says confirmed.

Hoping it's indeed OS still assessing the situation, otherwise it's really concerning as they don't notify pax the ticket is cancelled, either.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 12:52 am

mind to share which saudia website you are referring to ?

Originally Posted by tya
Just received this information from Taiwanese forum.
So you can check your ticket using Saudia's website. Type in etkt number and it will show "coupon status"

My status now shows "Void" instead of "Open for Use", while on OS website it still says confirmed.

Hoping it's indeed OS still assessing the situation, otherwise it's really concerning as they don't notify pax the ticket is cancelled, either.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 1:11 am
tya

Originally Posted by annielee
mind to share which saudia website you are referring to ?
Sorry for being ambiguous. It's basically just Saudi the airline' website. https://www.saudia.com/
Under their "Manage Booking" section you can type in etkt number (doesn't have to be Saudi flight). And there you will see the "coupon status."

Mine is currently void, but record still can be found on OS website where it says confirmed...
Old Jan 23, 2019, 2:08 am

Thanks, and mine is open for use, will check again tomorrow.....
Originally Posted by tya
Sorry for being ambiguous. It's basically just Saudi the airline' website. https://www.saudia.com/
Under their "Manage Booking" section you can type in etkt number (doesn't have to be Saudi flight). And there you will see the "coupon status."

Mine is currently void, but record still can be found on OS website where it says confirmed...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.