Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Austrian: BKK-VIE direct return for $970

[PREM FARE GONE] Austrian: BKK-VIE direct return for $970

Old Jan 22, 2019, 1:50 am

Managed to goto payment page from Expedia but still deciding as the return flight via PEK (AirChina) and it's not lie flat (2x2x2) seating... .

Originally Posted by oh_lol
Some of them are working from other airports such as HKT + CNX, although the stays are only a handful of days...

The day I get a haircut, first time in nearly 3 months and I miss this deal! Congrats whoever got on this deal.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 2:33 am

OTA mailed me that my booking was cancelled and refunded.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 2:37 am

Originally Posted by NRTHND
OTA mailed me that my booking was cancelled and refunded.
Did u book via Expedia
Old Jan 22, 2019, 2:52 am

Originally Posted by annielee
Did u book via Expedia
No. but via Vayama.

Unfortunately, your booking request on Vayama failed. During the booking process, the airline provided us incorrect seat availability for the price you selected, regrettably we were unsuccessful to rebook your seats.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 3:09 am

i booked via expedia, no cancellation email yet...

No. but via Vayama.

Unfortunately, your booking request on Vayama failed. During the booking process, the airline provided us incorrect seat availability for the price you selected, regrettably we were unsuccessful to rebook your seats.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 3:17 am

Programs: Aeroplan, TD.
Missed it also!!
Old Jan 22, 2019, 3:46 am

Programs: Amex Plat
Originally Posted by oh_lol
Some of them are working from other airports such as HKT + CNX, although the stays are only a handful of days...

The day I get a haircut, first time in nearly 3 months and I miss this deal! Congrats whoever got on this deal.
Nice haircut easily worth a few of such deals as it can change your life, you never know whom you will meet one day
Gino Troian likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 3:49 am

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver

No. but via Vayama.

Oh that sounds like Vayama has imperfect booking systems and is trying to blame the airline. Shame! For sure this is a standalone case for now, not caused by OS.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 3:57 am

Programs: DJ Plat, HH Diam, AB Gold, EY Gold, CX Silver, Europcar PE
Originally Posted by nldogbert
Wanted to jump on this too, but I guess due to the fare rules/validity, could not find anything beyond 18 dec that was bookable. I guess it was only for fares valid until that day had the special price. Would have liked to try OS longhaul.

Cheers!
It was available on Austrian's own website until 18 January 2020, it was only letting you book 361 days in advance. Flex was cheaper than Saver!
Old Jan 22, 2019, 4:06 am

Originally Posted by Keter
Oh that sounds like Vayama has imperfect booking systems and is trying to blame the airline. Shame! For sure this is a standalone case for now, not caused by OS.
not quite. I’ve just had my direct with OS booking cancelled. No email from them yet though
Old Jan 22, 2019, 4:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by TGflyergirl

not quite. I’ve just had my direct with OS booking cancelled. No email from them yet though
Both of my friends' booking through Austrian website are still shown as confirmed so far...
Old Jan 22, 2019, 6:12 am

Originally Posted by pl840502
Both of my friends' booking through Austrian website are still shown as confirmed so far...
my booking has been cancel. can we ask the airline for compensate

?
Old Jan 22, 2019, 7:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by WilliamAWL
my booking has been cancel. can we ask the airline for compensate

?
you can try...but usually it doesn't work...
Old Jan 22, 2019, 7:25 am

Programs: SQ AA TK
Higher chance if you just ask the media to cover it.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 7:37 am

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
Originally Posted by dfs24
Higher chance if you just ask the media to cover it.
Hopefully the media put parallel with CX.

Also there is a lot of bargaining power on the side of Chinese travel agents and they can force OS to change their mind (I have little undestanding of Chinese law and customer plans but seems big travel agents often provide alternative flights at their own cost or at least provide some good compensation).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.