Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Austrian: BKK-VIE direct return for $970

[PREM FARE GONE] Austrian: BKK-VIE direct return for $970

Old Jan 25, 19, 2:09 am
  #91  
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Denmark
Programs: TK Elite, HH G
Posts: 5,390
Originally Posted by nocom View Post
What should I do?
Move on!

This is the game of fare mistakes - sometimes they are honored, some times they are not. Surely there is no legal obligation for OS to do so.
SK AAR is offline  
Old Jan 25, 19, 2:20 am
  #92  
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: MOW, RU
Programs: SU Gold; KL Plat; BA Gold; A3 Silver
Posts: 2,008
Originally Posted by thierry View Post
Interestingly when I check my booking on OS website it is still all confirmed and on Saudia it says confirmed, payed and invalidated as it is for many of us. However when I check my Amex statement the credit card has not been charged.
And by the way the OS website has very limited availability right now. Only open for bookings and check-in, and checking flight status. Not sure if it is related though.
Airlines show different things from our bookings, something they think is relevant or sufficient. Some show bookings, some show tickets, some add ticket coupon statuses, some are not doing that.

I guess your booking is still there but its not paid, has no ticket attached (either not issued or void already). Does not mean anything until OS decides what to do.

Now I start to think that the payment issues on OS website may be genuine (so bad luck for OS) and caused by too many tickets booked at the same time.
Keter is offline  
Old Jan 25, 19, 4:02 am
  #93  
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Bangkok, Tokyo, Mumbai
Programs: UAMP, DLSM, EYEG, QRPC
Posts: 111
Now airline start calling passenger who reside in Thailand. Giving downgrade, +20000Thb for py and +50000Thb for j or full refunds. They may start calling passenger in Chinese speaking areas soon. Godspeed
honzeek_cz and Keter like this.
tiamsanit is offline  
Old Jan 25, 19, 4:09 am
  #94  
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 48
How if its a within 14 days flight itinerary? Involuntary downgrade may trigger 75% of total cost refund according to ec261/2004, isnt it?
johnwooz is offline  
Old Jan 25, 19, 4:09 am
  #95  
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: PRG, DRS, MUC
Programs: Marriott Titanium, Delta Diamond, AA EXP
Posts: 541
Originally Posted by tiamsanit View Post
Now airline start calling passenger who reside in Thailand. Giving downgrade, +20000Thb for py and +50000Thb for j or full refunds. They may start calling passenger in Chinese speaking areas soon. Godspeed
Thats is correct and fast approach IMHO. Compare that to AZ BCN fare, which is a joke
honzeek_cz is offline  
Old Jan 25, 19, 4:34 am
  #96  
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: MOW, RU
Programs: SU Gold; KL Plat; BA Gold; A3 Silver
Posts: 2,008
Originally Posted by tiamsanit View Post
Now airline start calling passenger who reside in Thailand. Giving downgrade, +20000Thb for py and +50000Thb for j or full refunds. They may start calling passenger in Chinese speaking areas soon. Godspeed
This is a joke to me given AY sells their business class to some European cities now for 1650 USD. From BKK.

Well their choice. I guess the FB PR disaster will continue
Keter is offline  
Old Jan 25, 19, 5:10 am
  #97  
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Denmark
Programs: TK Elite, HH G
Posts: 5,390
Originally Posted by johnwooz View Post
How if its a within 14 days flight itinerary? Involuntary downgrade may trigger 75% of total cost refund according to ec261/2004, isnt it?
Forget about EC reg. 261/04. Downgrade requires that a valid ticket exits. There was never a (valid) ticket/contract as the fare offered was erroneous and you guys knew this or should have known this.
No sane judge will apply the EC reg. 261/04 in a situation like this and OS knows this.
SK AAR is offline  
Old Jan 25, 19, 5:59 am
  #98  
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 48
Originally Posted by honzeek_cz View Post
Thats is correct and fast approach IMHO. Compare that to AZ BCN fare, which is a joke
how's the outcome of AZ Bcn fare now btw? I tried to search around and seems everyone kept silent. Lol
johnwooz is offline  
Old Jan 25, 19, 6:04 am
  #99  
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 48
Originally Posted by SK AAR View Post
Forget about EC reg. 261/04. Downgrade requires that a valid ticket exits. There was never a (valid) ticket/contract as the fare offered was erroneous and you guys knew this or should have known this.
No sane judge will apply the EC reg. 261/04 in a situation like this and OS knows this.
Mind to tell according to what EU rules that concluded contracts based on so called erroneous offers are legally voidable? I know it deemed true in the states based on some lawsuit outcomes and DOT guidelines, but are they also applicable in the EU too?
johnwooz is offline  
Old Jan 25, 19, 7:22 am
  #100  
 
Join Date: May 2016
Programs: Miles and More
Posts: 52
Originally Posted by SK AAR View Post
Forget about EC reg. 261/04. Downgrade requires that a valid ticket exits. There was never a (valid) ticket/contract as the fare offered was erroneous and you guys knew this or should have known this.
No sane judge will apply the EC reg. 261/04 in a situation like this and OS knows this.
Why do you think so? From my experience, if you buy any tickets in EU in advance, it does not mean that you do not have any tights till you get them to your hand. All companies offer refund or flight change even if time of departure changes for 2-3 hours.
Take a look on EU regulations and read what ticket means... («(f) "ticket" means a valid document giving entitlement to transport, or something equivalent in paperless form, including electronic form, issued or authorised by the air carrier or its authorised agent;»)
we have time, number, confirmation, place and why it is not a contract.
Also read about technical issues, mistakes, etc .. EU does not care about errors- these are airline's problem and the price was not 100 eur.
The same price possible now to fly from CMB to VIE also BUS, other airlines, so it was cheaper, however it costed money and someone could think it was promo... Anyway, let's see how they are going to ignore EU regulations and still there are no explanation...
newmemberhere is offline  
Old Jan 25, 19, 7:37 am
  #101  
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: PRG, DRS, MUC
Programs: Marriott Titanium, Delta Diamond, AA EXP
Posts: 541
Originally Posted by newmemberhere View Post
Why do you think so? From my experience, if you buy any tickets in EU in advance, it does not mean that you do not have any tights till you get them to your hand. All companies offer refund or flight change even if time of departure changes for 2-3 hours.
Take a look on EU regulations and read what ticket means... («(f) "ticket" means a valid document giving entitlement to transport, or something equivalent in paperless form, including electronic form, issued or authorised by the air carrier or its authorised agent;»)
we have time, number, confirmation, place and why it is not a contract.
Also read about technical issues, mistakes, etc .. EU does not care about errors- these are airline's problem and the price was not 100 eur.
The same price possible now to fly from CMB to VIE also BUS, other airlines, so it was cheaper, however it costed money and someone could think it was promo... Anyway, let's see how they are going to ignore EU regulations and still there are no explanation...
They can do it simply because they have control over the ticket. They can/will claim you did not have vaild document and refuse to pay any compensation. You may not agree, but you will then have to take them to court to prove otherwise. Waste of time IMHO. But everyone values their time differently.
honzeek_cz is offline  
Old Jan 25, 19, 7:44 am
  #102  
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Denmark
Programs: TK Elite, HH G
Posts: 5,390
Originally Posted by johnwooz View Post
Mind to tell according to what EU rules that concluded contracts based on so called erroneous offers are legally voidable? I know it deemed true in the states based on some lawsuit outcomes and DOT guidelines, but are they also applicable in the EU too?
In any civil law country (i.e. the majority of countries in the EU) the rule is that any agreement/contract based on an erroneous offer (e.g. price) is void/voidable if other party knew/ought to have known about the error. This is basic contract law and has nothing to do with EU reg. 261/04; the latter requires/apply under the assumption that a valid contract for the purchase of the ticket has been entered into. If there is no valid formation of contract EU reg. 261/04 does not apply. period.
SK AAR is offline  
Old Jan 25, 19, 7:56 am
  #103  
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Denmark
Programs: TK Elite, HH G
Posts: 5,390
Originally Posted by newmemberhere View Post
Take a look on EU regulations and read what ticket means... («(f) "ticket" means a valid document giving entitlement to transport, or something equivalent in paperless form, including electronic form, issued or authorised by the air carrier or its authorised agent;»)
we have time, number, confirmation, place and why it is not a contract.
As already pointed out the issue is here that there is no "valid document…" i.e. a ticket. The tickets issued are voidable/not valid due to an error on the part of OS. EC Reg. 261/04 does not protect you from that.
SK AAR is offline  
Old Jan 25, 19, 8:41 am
  #104  
 
Join Date: May 2016
Programs: Miles and More
Posts: 52
Ok. May be you are right. Who told that this offer was mistake? Did anyone get cancellation confirmation from Austrian? Any explanation? Anyone? I mean official, not from forums...

​​
newmemberhere is offline  
Old Jan 25, 19, 8:45 am
  #105  
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 3
Just received an email from Austrian:
On 22nd of January, an erroneous Business Class fare for Austrian Airlines flights from Bangkok (BKK) to Vienna (VIE) was temporarily issued. We hereby apologize for any inconveniences caused by this situation. The erroneous fare was discovered by our employees and the booking class was temporarily closed to file a fare correction. After carefully assessing the situation it was decided that all affected bookings and issued tickets will be handled in the same way. All customers who booked an error fare will be contacted and informed that due to the technical mistake in the fare distribution, the contract with Austrian Airlines will not be fulfilled and therefore all error fare bookings are canceled. Customers are offered the following options:
  • Flight in Economy Class for the booked price.
  • Full refund of the paid price.
  • Flight in Premium Economy Class for an additional payment of 10 000 THB (approx. € 270,-) per segment.
  • Flight in Business Class for an additional payment of 25 000 THB (approx. € 690,-) per segment.
We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience.
sorryicantstay is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread