Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Austrian: BKK-VIE direct return for $970

[PREM FARE GONE] Austrian: BKK-VIE direct return for $970

Old May 28, 19, 12:24 pm

Programs: UAMP, DLSM, EYEG, QRPC
Originally Posted by Keter View Post
One of my reservations was not cancelled after the ticket was refunded, I called Orbitz (as i was not sure which reservation was refunded at that time) and they reconfirmed it was refunded and its OK to keep it alive (probably they could not cancel due to some technical issue). I received an email with the bid to upgrade offer on that too

Happy that people managed to get compensation under EU261/2004!!!
Please update if you can fly or not
Old Jun 10, 19, 11:11 pm

Programs: Miles and More
Got compensation.
+they told me that they did a mistake when they starting to cancel the tickets. They also tried to re-confirmed tickets who bought them through austrian.com...
Anyway I got a compensation for both ways (2 ways were cancelled). Happy and already bought another Biz for that money to Asia with Qatar)
skywalkerLAX, Keter and mlqsko like this.
Old Jun 11, 19, 1:29 am

Programs: SU Gold; KL Plat; BA Gold; A3 Silver
Originally Posted by newmemberhere View Post
Got compensation.
+they told me that they did a mistake when they starting to cancel the tickets. They also tried to re-confirmed tickets who bought them through austrian.com...
Anyway I got a compensation for both ways (2 ways were cancelled). Happy and already bought another Biz for that money to Asia with Qatar)
Did you get a denied boarding case? Or cancellation on a short notice (14 days or less)? Sorry did not see this in your posts. Which channel you used for claim for a compansation? Can PM me if this is the preferred communication way please.

What was the mistake in cancelling the tickets? Obviously too slow... Miscommunication with super busy Thailand office I guess
Old Jun 11, 19, 1:33 am

Programs: JAL Diamond
After checking this thread,
I found out I also seem to have an active economy class ticket under the same reservation number.

Does anyone know what is the best way to handle this? I have not booked the tickets to Bangkok.
Old Jun 11, 19, 1:34 am

Originally Posted by tiamsanit View Post
Please update if you can fly or not
I did not intend to actually and not going to waste time to go the airport, will do clubbing instead, its a Saturday night!

But I will try to check in online to see what happens. The booking is still active on OS.web today but online check in says - 'cannot check in, use airport desk' (maybe because its too early).
tiamsanit likes this.
Old Jun 14, 19, 3:38 am

Originally Posted by Keter View Post
But I will try to check in online to see what happens. The booking is still active on OS.web today but online check in says - 'cannot check in, use airport desk' (maybe because its too early).
Just tried, same error: 'We cannot check you in online, please contact our desk at the airport. '.

This is normal when the ticket is in refunded or other 'incorrect' status but the booking is still alive for whatever reasons. IT controls.
tiamsanit likes this.

Search this Thread