FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion-627/)
-   -   [PREM FARE GONE] Austrian: BKK-VIE direct return for $970 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/1952301-prem-fare-gone-austrian-bkk-vie-direct-return-970-a.html)

moreismore Feb 13, 2019 8:53 am

Originally Posted by DrSE (Post 30772569)
I can report success I was flying on 11. to VIE but my ticket was not Issued by Austrian. It seems like they only void their own tickets.

Good to hear that!
I have a hunch too. As Trip.com/Ctrip.com agent called me on the last workday before Chinese New Year, I said please don't call until you have a real option to discuss, and the agent said okay and they would call on the very first workday when the holiday was over. So, it's been three days and they have not called yet, meanwhile, the booking is intact on both OS site and Trip.com.
I don't think a USD 1k fare is that low for a 10 hrs flight, even it is in J. That said, I guess they have done the math and think it just okay to honour?

annielee Feb 13, 2019 9:51 pm

guess it's safe to start booking for hotels and train ticket now :-)

Originally Posted by moreismore (Post 30773560)
Good to hear that!
I have a hunch too. As Trip.com/Ctrip.com agent called me on the last workday before Chinese New Year, I said please don't call until you have a real option to discuss, and the agent said okay and they would call on the very first workday when the holiday was over. So, it's been three days and they have not called yet, meanwhile, the booking is intact on both OS site and Trip.com.
I don't think a USD 1k fare is that low for a 10 hrs flight, even it is in J. That said, I guess they have done the math and think it just okay to honour?

moreismore Feb 14, 2019 3:00 am

Originally Posted by annielee (Post 30776255)
guess it's safe to start booking for hotels and train ticket now :-)

Better call the airline and OTA to confirm?

ericjee Feb 14, 2019 3:33 am

I can report success I was flying on 11. to VIE but my ticket was not Issued by Austrian. It seems like they only void their own tickets.

Congratulations! Finally we have some good news

Laughing Feb 15, 2019 1:30 am

Originally Posted by Naphat (Post 30771787)

There is someone traveling on February 14. I don’t know him(or her) in personal.Now, he(or she) can complete check-in online. I am waiting and hope he can board successfully.

Hi, any news from him/her?

Laughing Feb 15, 2019 1:32 am

Hi, ur ticket was issued by whom? Please tell us more detail about ur case.

Wachirawit Witchy Srimanas Feb 15, 2019 2:39 am

Originally Posted by Laughing (Post 30781086)
Hi, any news from him/her?

OS office in Thailand contacted him/her persornally 4-5hrs before the departure time. OS staff said, after discussing with the head office on a case by case basis, he/she only have 3 options proposed by the airline. They have also informed the station manager at BKK that he/she shouldn’t be able to fly. So he/she backed out.

ericjee Feb 15, 2019 2:54 am

Originally Posted by Wachirawit Witchy Srimanas (Post 30781218)

OS office in Thailand contacted him/her persornally 4-5hrs before the departure time. OS staff said, after discussing with the head office on a case by case basis, he/she only have 3 options proposed by the airline. They have also informed the station manager at BKK that he/she shouldn’t be able to fly. So he/she backed out.

Thx for the update dude, going to call my OTA to cancel my ticket and get the refund, OS is ....

Keter Feb 15, 2019 3:01 am

Case by case? Are they out of their mind?

Keter Feb 15, 2019 3:03 am

Do you mean you ticket was not starting with 257 or that you 257 ticket was issued by an agent?

Frayed_Yak Feb 15, 2019 3:31 am

5 hours?
Absolutely disgraceful handling of the file. OS evidently just as bad as Ethiopian Airlines in BKK at managing these things; even MH handled their recent debacle in a more responsible fashion.

moreismore Feb 15, 2019 10:12 am

Originally Posted by Frayed_Yak (Post 30781313)
5 hours?
Absolutely disgraceful handling of the file. OS evidently just as bad as Ethiopian Airlines in BKK at managing these things; even MH handled their recent debacle in a more responsible fashion.

This is absurd!
How could OS turn a moderate mess into a disastrous one... Impressed by their team.

mlqsko Feb 15, 2019 2:38 pm

Good old germans :)

annielee Feb 15, 2019 3:55 pm

Just called Expedia TH, and they confirmed my ticket is valid and i definitely can fly..next call will be to OS..

Originally Posted by moreismore (Post 30776914)

Better call the airline and OTA to confirm?

mlqsko Feb 15, 2019 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by annielee (Post 30783803)
Just called Expedia TH, and they confirmed my ticket is valid and i definitely can fly..next call will be to OS..

Wait until OS and airport control take over the ticket from Expedia :D