Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Austrian: BKK-VIE direct return for $970

[PREM FARE GONE] Austrian: BKK-VIE direct return for $970

Old Feb 2, 19, 5:56 am

Programs: UAMP, DLSM, EYEG, QRPC
Originally Posted by moreismore View Post

Hi, tiamsanit. I booked through Trip.com, which is the Hong Kong subsidiary of Ctrip (the largest OTA in China I think). They called again yesterday, I told them just go ahead suspending the ticket if OS loved to handle things in this manner, I was not in a hurry anyway.
so you got a call from OS Thai office right? Most of the people here are booked with expedia and expedia itself never called but some of my friend call them and they give the deadline of 8 Feb to cancel all the ticket... Wonder if ctrip will do the same.
Old Feb 2, 19, 5:58 am

Originally Posted by seb5lu2 View Post

OS Thailand called me to choose one of the 4 options they offered, but I didn稚 accept any. I booked the ticket via Expedia and Expedia insists this booking is still confirmed. So, I am really confused.
are you based in Thailand if not then it can be very risky. however if your flight is before 8 Feb then more likely you can fly... I hope
Old Feb 2, 19, 6:03 am

Originally Posted by tiamsanit View Post
are you based in Thailand if not then it can be very risky. however if your flight is before 8 Feb then more likely you can fly... I hope
yes I知 based in Thailand and my flight is 7th Feb. Now I知 confused if I should book hotel.
tiamsanit likes this.
Old Feb 2, 19, 6:54 am

Programs: BA Silver
so you got a call from OS Thai office right? Most of the people here are booked with expedia and expedia itself never called but some of my friend call them and they give the deadline of 8 Feb to cancel all the ticket... Wonder if ctrip will do the same.
Not really, it痴 Ctrip/Trip.com who called me.
They didn稚 say anything about deadline. At least not now.
I am not in a hurry since the departure date is months away, and even if they cancel my ticket (abort the contract), I suppose I would get full refund anyway, so, just kicked the ball back and relax.
tiamsanit likes this.
Old Feb 3, 19, 12:17 am

yes I知 based in Thailand and my flight is 7th Feb. Now I知 confused if I should book hotel.
I'm pretty sure that you can fly. Maybe you want to book refundable first night hotel only to be safe.
Old Feb 4, 19, 5:09 am

Programs: SU Gold; KL Plat; BA Gold; A3 Silver
Looking into J seatmaps on my flights seems OS is very slowly progressing towards cancellations. What is strange is new seats take in PE. I hope people are not out their mind to pay extra EUR 500 for that.
Old Feb 4, 19, 5:20 am

I'm pretty sure that you can fly. Maybe you want to book refundable first night hotel only to be safe.
Finally Expedia called me to cancel the booking. I send an email to OS to claim compensation because OS informed me of booking discrepancy only 6 days prior to scheduled departure date. If OS cannot reply we値l, then I will turn to agents like Airhelp or ClaimCompass to claim on behalf of me.
tiamsanit likes this.
Old Feb 5, 19, 2:27 am

Finally Expedia called me to cancel the booking. I send an email to OS to claim compensation because OS informed me of booking discrepancy only 6 days prior to scheduled departure date. If OS cannot reply we値l, then I will turn to agents like Airhelp or ClaimCompass to claim on behalf of me.
Thanks for the update, that's a sad story.
Old Feb 6, 19, 2:43 am

Finally Expedia called me to cancel the booking. I send an email to OS to claim compensation because OS informed me of booking discrepancy only 6 days prior to scheduled departure date. If OS cannot reply we’ll, then I will turn to agents like Airhelp or ClaimCompass to claim on behalf of me.
Hi,
with Airhelp, ClaimCompass etc you give up up to 30%. You can go with Austrian office Agentur fr Passagier- und Fahrgastrechte (apf)
https://www.apf.gv.at/de/
I just checked the link and it seems they are down now. But this must be just temporary.
APF once helped my with a denied boarding on an error fare. Fully win and their service is great and free. I think they are funded by the Austrian government.
Good luck.
Old Feb 10, 19, 1:38 pm

Anyone managed to fly over the last few days on this fare ? Mine is still confirmed from OS (and Expedia) website and only travelling during Easter..
Old Feb 12, 19, 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by annielee View Post
Anyone managed to fly over the last few days on this fare ? Mine is still confirmed from OS (and Expedia) website and only travelling during Easter..
There is someone traveling on February 14. I don稚 know him(or her) in personal.Now, he(or she) can complete check-in online. I am waiting and hope he can board successfully.
Old Feb 13, 19, 12:46 am

That's good to hear..keep us updated if u've confirmation that he/she can board the plane....
Originally Posted by Naphat View Post

There is someone traveling on February 14. I don’t know him(or her) in personal.Now, he(or she) can complete check-in online. I am waiting and hope he can board successfully.

Last edited by annielee; Feb 13, 19 at 4:34 am
Old Feb 13, 19, 2:52 am

I can report success I was flying on 11. to VIE but my ticket was not Issued by Austrian. It seems like they only void their own tickets.
Keter and annielee like this.
Old Feb 13, 19, 4:35 am

Congrats to you, and enjoy Vienna !
Originally Posted by DrSE View Post
I can report success I was flying on 11. to VIE but my ticket was not Issued by Austrian. It seems like they only void their own tickets.
Old Feb 13, 19, 5:19 am

Originally Posted by DrSE View Post
Congratulations!! Good news!
Did you check in online? Nothing happened at check in desk?

Search this Thread