Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] TP/BA and CX First: Portugal to Hong Kong €1338 one way

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] TP/BA and CX First: Portugal to Hong Kong €1338 one way

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2019, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by catcathk
Are we safe to make other arrangement now? How long does people tend to wait?
Even as honored, patience is still the key. Instead of paying normal price for positing flight(s), accommodation, there could be better fares if activities the past few weeks are any indication.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 12:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Repooc17
Instead of paying normal price for positing flight(s), accommodation, there could be better fares if activities the past few weeks are any indication.
Or the same fares/rooms could just keep increasing in price

It’s all a gamble - if you find something you think is good value or would be happy with, then book it. Or wait and gamble and something better may come along.
Venezuela-Miami likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by altitude75k
Someone wrote earlier 2 pages ago? that since A fare you can change at no charge the date
only if the fare is still available. U will pay the fare difference if you change.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 1:03 pm

Does anyone know how to get BA reservation code other than to call CX? I want to chose seat.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 1:08 pm

Exclamation

Originally Posted by torontochinese

only if the fare is still available. U will pay the fare difference if you change.
how about change after 1st segment flown?
Old Jan 13, 2019, 1:13 pm

Thank you to the OP! I booked and ticketed through Milan very early in the sale - received a credit card notification (Amex) that I was charged but it still isn't showing up in my pending charges. Booked directly with CX and can pick seats, etc. Anyone else seeing delayed charge posting?
Old Jan 13, 2019, 1:34 pm

Programs: CX, Hyatt
Trying to insert a stopover in LHR. CX reservations said no reprice after first leg (LIS to LHR in my case) with potential change fee, but Priceline with whom I booked is saying change anytime for no fee but reprice will be triggered anytime, even after first leg. Could anybody confirm? Thanks.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 3:19 pm

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat ; A3 Gold ; HH Gold ; IHG Plat Amb
I don't think the "cheap fare" allows a stopover in LHR in the first place, so you will need to pay the fare difference (historical fares) up to the next higher fare that allows stopovers in LHR on the way to Asia.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by ranskis
I don't think the "cheap fare" allows a stopover in LHR in the first place, so you will need to pay the fare difference (historical fares) up to the next higher fare that allows stopovers in LHR on the way to Asia.
in rules was information that stopovers for free...i posted these part...
Old Jan 13, 2019, 10:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Venezuela-Miami
So I can use the JAL Lounge in FRA is open you recommend it over the CX one? my flight departs from FRA at 1:45pm , i'm double checking the operation hours of the JAL lounge just to be sure.
IMHO the JAL Lounge is better than the CX one at FRA. It's open midday as well.
Venezuela-Miami likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 7:00 am

Programs: AY+ Platsku, CM Silver, Frontier Elite 100K, Marriott Gold and LT Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador.
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
IMHO the JAL Lounge is better than the CX one at FRA. It's open midday as well.
Thanks for the valuable feedback, i'll be using the JAL Lounge and maybe make a quick check to the CX as well, as i'll have plenty of time.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 11:53 am

Thank you for the advice.

I have another question, I wanna change one the flight to one later in the day, is it possible with no charge/fee? Not stopover... just want to take a later flight on the same day....
Old Jan 14, 2019, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by catcathk
Thank you for the advice.

I have another question, I wanna change one the flight to one later in the day, is it possible with no charge/fee? Not stopover... just want to take a later flight on the same day....

Before departure, definitely will incur repricing. If you're trying to change second leg and you do so after first leg, that's what I'm asking a few posts ago as below - anybody has an answer?

Originally Posted by PacificSunrise
Trying to insert a stopover in LHR. CX reservations said no reprice after first leg (LIS to LHR in my case) with potential change fee, but Priceline with whom I booked is saying change anytime for no fee but reprice will be triggered anytime, even after first leg. Could anybody confirm? Thanks.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 2:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by PacificSunrise
Before departure, definitely will incur repricing. If you're trying to change second leg and you do so after first leg, that's what I'm asking a few posts ago as below - anybody has an answer?
I don’t have the answer. But given that these were all connections in LHR/FRA/other (rather than stopovers), wouldn’t that mean you’d have to fly to that connection point and then call to change (presumably within a few hours of your flight)?
Old Jan 14, 2019, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by absoluy

I don’t have the answer. But given that these were all connections in LHR/FRA/other (rather than stopovers), wouldn’t that mean you’d have to fly to that connection point and then call to change (presumably within a few hours of your flight)?
That's correct - in my case I have an 8.5hr connection in LHR so sufficient time to do so. If this is doable, I would book hotel fully refundable with 6pm cancel or something in case.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.