Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] TP/BA and CX First: Portugal to Hong Kong €1338 one way

[PREM FARE GONE] TP/BA and CX First: Portugal to Hong Kong €1338 one way

Old Jan 13, 2019, 9:54 am

Programs: AY+ Platsku, CM Silver, Frontier Elite 100K, Marriott Gold and LT Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador.
Originally Posted by seanp7
Congrats on 8! Nicely done

Credit any TP/LH legs to your *A account. I've updated all legs with their respective FF numbers (UA on TP).
Thanks, I was looking for that answer too, Flying LH LIS-FRA in C.

So I can add the LH leg to credit on my preferred *A (probably CM) separately from the CX leg? I thought I had to make the jugglery/timing of first adding the *A FF and then, after arriving to FRA changing the FF to AS for the CX leg.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 9:56 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Venezuela-Miami
So I can add the LH leg to credit on my preferred *A (probably CM) separately from the CX leg? I thought I had to make the jugglery/timing of first adding the *A FF and then, after arriving to FRA changing the FF to AS for the CX leg.

Cathay lets you enter a Frequent Flyer Number for each segment individually when you manage the booking via their website.
seanp7 and Venezuela-Miami like this.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 9:57 am

Programs: AY Plat, AA ExP, NH Gold, AMEX PLAT
Hello.
When you credit to *A did you get the REF# for TP LH and do it on their site or did you add it somewhere on CX as I only see one place for FFP # Cheers
Old Jan 13, 2019, 9:58 am

Programs: AY+ Platsku, CM Silver, Frontier Elite 100K, Marriott Gold and LT Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador.
Originally Posted by absoluy
Cathay lets you enter a Frequent Flyer Number for each segment individually when you manage the booking via their website.
Nice to know.
Total CX Newbie here so the information is much appreciated.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 10:05 am

Thank you. I used the pull-down and noticed there is no TK and yet they are *A - call or wait to do at airport?
Old Jan 13, 2019, 10:10 am

what is chance that it possible change for free date for EU-HKG leg after you flown LIS-EU leg?
Old Jan 13, 2019, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by altitude75k
Thank you. I used the pull-down and noticed there is no TK and yet they are *A - call or wait to do at airport?
Just looking too but mine doesn't show UA nor CM in the LH leg (it's LH flown and marketed), so i'll try calling or adding at check-in at the airport.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 10:14 am

Someone wrote earlier 2 pages ago? that since A fare you can change at no charge the date
Old Jan 13, 2019, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by raporot
what is chance that it possible change for free date for EU-HKG leg after you flown LIS-EU leg?
For this kind of deeply discounted sales I don't think it's advised to try to request changes, but anyhow I also think that the fare rules should prevail?, and this being premium full fare buckets they should be flexible.. Or they can request the fare difference after repricing?
Sorry i'm exposing even more questions than you originally did. We better hear from folks with much more experience on this topic.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 10:25 am

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Bronze
Originally Posted by Venezuela-Miami
Just looking too but mine doesn't show UA nor CM in the LH leg (it's LH flown and marketed), so i'll try calling or adding at check-in at the airport.
In my case the first leg was TP - so I just managed the booking on Tap Portugal's site and added the UA # there. Amadeus/same booking ref between CX and TP, so I'm not sure about LH...others can chime in.

Then I went to CX's website and added my BA #.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 10:52 am

Are we safe to make other arrangement now? How long does people tend to wait?
Old Jan 13, 2019, 10:53 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by catcathk
Are we safe to make other arrangement now? How long does people tend to wait?
They already made a public statement that they would be honouring the fares.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by absoluy
They already made a public statement that they would be honouring the fares.
Thank you for the reply, I read the SMCP news, but do you mind point me to the statement from CX? This is my first time buying ticket like this... thanks for the help,
Old Jan 13, 2019, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by seanp7
In my case the first leg was TP - so I just managed the booking on Tap Portugal's site and added the UA # there. Amadeus/same booking ref between CX and TP, so I'm not sure about LH...others can chime in.

Then I went to CX's website and added my BA #.
Great idea, tried directly at LH page (same case here, same booking ref for CX and LH) but unfortunately LH page is a mess, tried without logging in and there's no option to input FF, tried to log in with my lifelong credentials, pass reset couple of times after many errors, still says password expired. Guess their IT team is on strike.

I will call later or add at check-in counter.

Last edited by Venezuela-Miami; Jan 22, 2019 at 9:32 am
Old Jan 13, 2019, 11:57 am

I went to the TAP page and entered my TK number - very easy - thank you to @absoluy

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.