Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] TP/BA and CX First: Portugal to Hong Kong €1338 one way

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] TP/BA and CX First: Portugal to Hong Kong €1338 one way

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2019, 4:52 am

Programs: KrisFlyer, AA, Qantas, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by chan_hkg
Ticket will be honored per the SCMP

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...icket-portugal
Congrats to whoever got tickets I guess - this seems like confirmation that it won't be rescinded.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 5:34 am

Programs: CX DM
I missed this deal. Congratulations to members who got the deal and ticketed
Old Jan 13, 2019, 6:24 am

Can someone help me understand the change rules of this ticket?
If I booked LIS-LHR-HKG can I exit in London and change the LHR-HKG leg to another date in the future with the old fare in effect?
I understand that changes are free and the fare rules say "IF NO CHANGE TO 1ST FLT CPN USE A HISTORICAL TICKETED FARE THAT DIFFERS ONLY IN SEASONALITY/DAY OF WEEK FOR REPRICE"

11- IF NO CHANGE TO 1ST FLT CPN- RE-PRICE ALL FARES BELOW AND PROVIDE THE BEST RESULT TO PAX A- USE A HISTORICAL CX IPREUAS RULE 1625 A- FARE FOR REPRICE NEW TKT MAY BE EQUAL/HIGHER OR LOWER VALUE THAN PREVIOUS TKT B- USE A HISTORICAL TICKETED FARE THAT DIFFERS ONLY IN SEASONALITY/DAY OF WEEK FOR REPRICE NEW TKT MAY BE EQUAL/HIGHER OR LOWER VALUE THAN PREVIOUS TKT C- USE ANY HISTORICAL CX/KA FARE FOR REPRICE NEW TKT MUST BE EQUAL OR HIGHER VALUE THAN PREVIOUS TKT
Old Jan 13, 2019, 6:28 am

Originally Posted by Venezuela-Miami
I really want to visit any of the F lounges in HKG, but also made the research and can't be used on arrival, and they had a great arrivals lounge but is closed.

Now I am even considering making a new booking as my current ticket terminates in HKG (i'll check if there's still availability) adding HKG-MNL to be able to visit the any of the F lounges.
can one use F lounge at HKG if it is a separate onwards one world ticket?
Old Jan 13, 2019, 6:35 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Is the deal alive or dead? I just noticed it!
Old Jan 13, 2019, 6:36 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
Is the deal alive or dead? I just noticed it!
Well and truly dead.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 6:54 am

Programs: British Airways
Originally Posted by torontochinese

yes if u are emerald or flying first
Old Jan 13, 2019, 8:00 am
Suspended

I really want to visit any of the F lounges in HKG, but also made the research and can't be used on arrival, and they had a great arrivals lounge but is closed.

Now I am even considering making a new booking as my current ticket terminates in HKG (i'll check if there's still availability) adding HKG-MNL to be able to visit the any of the F lounges.
The F lounges in HKG are very nice. The arrivals lounge was... not as nice. It was tiny and had really limited food that wasn't particularly good vs. what you can get in HK. It was good for a shower after a long flight, but that's about it!

What is your booked routing? If going via London then the Cathay F lounge in LHR is a very good taste of what the HKG lounges are like, just on a much smaller scale. As nice as it is to have a cabana in The Wing, to get a massage in the Pier and to enjoy some sit down food in the Pier and/or the Wing, I don't think I would go significantly out of my way to visit either of them if you're already getting the LHR lounge experience and coming off of ~12 hours in CX F.
Venezuela-Miami likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 8:31 am

Programs: AY+ Platsku, CM Silver, Frontier Elite 100K, Marriott Gold and LT Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador.
Originally Posted by torontochinese

Yes if connecting same day, that's what I understand from my research, but it's better to confirm with the experts as this is my first time flying CX.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 8:39 am

Programs: AY+ Platsku, CM Silver, Frontier Elite 100K, Marriott Gold and LT Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador.
Originally Posted by absoluy
The F lounges in HKG are very nice. The arrivals lounge was... not as nice. It was tiny and had really limited food that wasn't particularly good vs. what you can get in HK. It was good for a shower after a long flight, but that's about it!

What is your booked routing? If going via London then the Cathay F lounge in LHR is a very good taste of what the HKG lounges are like, just on a much smaller scale. As nice as it is to have a cabana in The Wing, to get a massage in the Pier and to enjoy some sit down food in the Pier and/or the Wing, I don't think I would go significantly out of my way to visit either of them if you're already getting the LHR lounge experience and coming off of ~12 hours in CX F.
Actually I was tempted to book via LHR just for the Lounge, but in the rush of not losing this flash sale too, didn't wanted to take any chances by visa issues at LHR (actually double checked later and for the ~8hrs transit didn't needed one) so I opted for the LIS-FRA Routing.

I haven't checked what i'm entitled to use in FRA , today i'm doing the full research.

I also appreciate if you can chime in about the next best option for seats, as this is my first time flying CX (and tbh it's nothing I can surely repeat in the short term) I really wanted to experience 2A, but even flying as far as May I called and it's not available, also tried 1A and is taken too.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 8:46 am
Suspended

Actually I was tempted to book via LHR just for the Lounge, but in the rush of not losing this flash sale too, didn't wanted to take any chances by visa issues at LHR (actually double checked later and for the ~8hrs transit didn't needed one) so I opted for the LIS-FRA Routing.

I haven't checked what i'm entitled to use in FRA , today i'm doing the full research.

I also appreciate if you can chime in about the next best option for seats, as this is my first time flying CX (and tbh it's nothing I can surely repeat in the short term) I really wanted to experience 2A, but even flying as far as May I called and it's not available, also tried 1A and is taken too.
In FRA you would have access to Cathay's own lounge. There's also a JAL lounge, but it opens after the Cathay flight has departed. The FRA CX lounge is pretty basic... not worth spending more than an hour or so in. Less if you have other things to do/see.

1A/2A are definitely my preferred seats as a solo traveller (or even when travelling with a friend, since you get your "own" side of the plane. As to the others, they all look pretty equal. Maybe try asking again closer to the departure date - it's also worth trying Cathay's twitter team. They're very helpful and it avoids having to make a call.
Venezuela-Miami likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 8:52 am

In FRA you would have access to Cathay's own lounge. There's also a JAL lounge, but it opens after the Cathay flight has departed. The FRA CX lounge is pretty basic... not worth spending more than an hour or so in. Less if you have other things to do/see.

1A/2A are definitely my preferred seats as a solo traveller (or even when travelling with a friend, since you get your "own" side of the plane. As to the others, they all look pretty equal. Maybe try asking again closer to the departure date - it's also worth trying Cathay's twitter team. They're very helpful and it avoids having to make a call.
Thank you for the information, it is very much appreciated!
Old Jan 13, 2019, 8:56 am

So I can use the JAL Lounge in FRA is open you recommend it over the CX one? my flight departs from FRA at 1:45pm , i'm double checking the operation hours of the JAL lounge just to be sure.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 9:00 am

Programs: AY Plat, AA ExP, NH Gold, AMEX PLAT
I booked 8 of these LIS-HKG as I saw but didn't book the Vietnam fare.
Question: I have LIS flight for biz on TP LH and BA - TP and LH are *A - do I credit that to AA as this is a "CX ticket" or do I credit the LIS-FRA TP/LH flights to my *A account?
Old Jan 13, 2019, 9:33 am

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Originally Posted by altitude75k
I booked 8 of these LIS-HKG as I saw but didn't book the Vietnam fare.
Question: I have LIS flight for biz on TP LH and BA - TP and LH are *A - do I credit that to AA as this is a "CX ticket" or do I credit the LIS-FRA TP/LH flights to my *A account?
Congrats on 8! Nicely done

Credit any TP/LH legs to your *A account. I've updated all legs with their respective FF numbers (UA on TP).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.