Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] TP/BA and CX First: Portugal to Hong Kong €1338 one way

[PREM FARE GONE] TP/BA and CX First: Portugal to Hong Kong €1338 one way

Old Jan 12, 2019, 9:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by londonexpert
Cx.com
yes I can book it

Searching one way for LIS to HKG?

I get an error when trying to search.

Originally Posted by CathayPacific.com
The route you selected is not valid. Please select valid origin and destination airports. You can enter the city name, airport name/code, country, or select from the dropdown list.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 9:04 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, BA silver, Hyatt Dimond, SPG PLAT 75
Try Porto- Taipei via Hong Kong just booked one $1722 via expedia
Old Jan 12, 2019, 9:11 pm

Originally Posted by absoluy
Searching one way for LIS to HKG?

I get an error when trying to search.
I’m on the payment pge already

can do FRA or LHR
Old Jan 12, 2019, 9:50 pm

Programs: TP Gold, *G Star Alliance
Booked OPO-LHR-HKG on September for 1341€.

Can't wait to try CX F!!
Old Jan 12, 2019, 10:26 pm

Programs: AY+ Platsku, CM Silver, Frontier Elite 100K, Marriott Gold and LT Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador.
Originally Posted by tdot_guy
does any one know if its possible to use first lounge on arrival at HKG?
I really want to visit any of the F lounges in HKG, but also made the research and can't be used on arrival, and they had a great arrivals lounge but is closed.

Now I am even considering making a new booking as my current ticket terminates in HKG (i'll check if there's still availability) adding HKG-MNL to be able to visit the any of the F lounges.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 10:36 pm

is it safe to make other travel arrangement for this ticket or should wait for CX for a few days?
Old Jan 12, 2019, 11:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Aeroplan 75K
For the very small number of customers who have purchased these tickets, we look forward to welcoming you on board to enjoy our premium services.
Ticket will be honored per the SCMP

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...icket-portugal
Venezuela-Miami and jubbing like this.

Last edited by chan_hkg; Jan 13, 2019 at 12:01 am Reason: link added
Old Jan 13, 2019, 12:00 am

Programs: QF OWE, HH D, HGP D, Starriott Plat, AA/LM/SQ/VA/QF/AS/BA
Originally Posted by torontochinese
is it safe to make other travel arrangement for this ticket or should wait for CX for a few days?
I’m a little cautious because although this fare was titled ‘Flash Sale’ here on FT, I suspect it was deliberately worded in this manner so that the bloggers and others didn’t go to town on it if they heard it was a mistake fare. I expect the bloggers browse this Premium fare more than once a day and once one of them publishes it, all the others just copy to get their share of publicity. When I look at all the pricing for competing airlines and routes it’s difficult to beilieve that this is indeed a legitimate fare. I can’t even find the Flash sale website.

But if the recent Vietnam-USA fare was anything to go by, consider the precedent set so I assume they will honour this fare as well.

Last edited by Gold_Member; Jan 13, 2019 at 12:03 am Reason: Looks like Chan_hkg beat me to it with confirmation. Good result for those who got in!
Old Jan 13, 2019, 12:08 am

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
BA closed its inventory for CX and then CX closed A intentory on long hauls. Seems the game is over.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 12:15 am

Still available on Priceline.... as of this moment...
Old Jan 13, 2019, 1:26 am

Programs: BA GGLFL, LH Sen, Alitalia Platinum, Hilton Plat, SPG / Marriott / Carlsson Gold
I cannot get this fate ...
Old Jan 13, 2019, 1:59 am

Programs: KrisFlyer, AA, Qantas, SPG, Marriott
I believe this has no been pulled. 30 mins ago I checked a few dates and it was there - now the same dates are all gone.

Can anyone else confirm? Glad I got mine 7 hours ago - now the waiting game begins! Now NO ONE call up Cathay asking for their PNR numbers, seriously! Just ride it out.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 3:11 am

On CX website you now even cannot choose any Portugal city as a departure ... LIS, OPO - doesn't exist.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 3:16 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, BA Gold, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Gold_Member
The obvious result of bloggers getting a hold of these fares is that with such a greater audience these fares are often removed or not honoured once they go viral. Many people here would consider this wrong whereas many more would be delighted since they only read bloggers and not the FT threads.

Transparency? Firstly, I'm not a blogger, but most importantly the AFF sub forum that I posted it in is rarely viewed in comparison to this site and bloggers' websites. We're hardly talking 'to the masses' as you like to put it. Maybe come down from that high horse and understand the reality of the situation.
whats AFF?
Old Jan 13, 2019, 3:56 am

Programs: QF OWE, HH D, HGP D, Starriott Plat, AA/LM/SQ/VA/QF/AS/BA
Originally Posted by honzeek_cz

whats AFF?
And here I was thinking the masses knew what AFF was... alas, AustralianFrequentFlyer.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.