Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[Premium Fare Gone]: EK:KUL-DXB in First Class RT for $1307

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Premium Fare Gone]: EK:KUL-DXB in First Class RT for $1307

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2019, 6:01 pm

Called again to finilise refund. Malaysia aknowledged that it was a mistake fare and that was the reason of cancellation. So ones who still can refund should try - just sitting on PNR they will later cancel gives nothing, and cancelling after window ends will cost you a lot of time and nerves.
bosskh likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 6:07 pm

Did you ask orbitz for any compensation?

Last edited by appledabble; Jan 7, 2019 at 6:12 pm
Old Jan 7, 2019, 6:43 pm

Programs: KF, MPC, BAEC // Bonvoy, WoH, Honors
Are everyone cancelling their tickets today before the Orbitz free cancellation deadline? Since the purchase contract technically is with Orbitz, is there any way to hold them to the contract?
Old Jan 7, 2019, 6:46 pm

Programs: *G / OWS / STE+
Originally Posted by Sauraigne
Called again to finilise refund. Malaysia aknowledged that it was a mistake fare and that was the reason of cancellation. So ones who still can refund should try - just sitting on PNR they will later cancel gives nothing, and cancelling after window ends will cost you a lot of time and nerves.
bad news indeed. I might sit tight for the moment and then go through the motions of arguing with them when the time comes, as nothing much to lose (can always do a chargeback if necessary). But of course in parallel look at option B flights for my trip . . .
Old Jan 7, 2019, 7:38 pm

Programs: NZ
They really are hopeless at advising their intentions - so easy to do these days on Social Media.
I'm in two minds as to whether to sit tight and see what happens or cancel within the Orbitz window. I'll make that decision close to the deadline this afternoon.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by Kilian Zoll
Are everyone cancelling their tickets today before the Orbitz free cancellation deadline? Since the purchase contract technically is with Orbitz, is there any way to hold them to the contract?
I doubt it - the contract is actually with Malaysia Airlines. Orbitz acts as an Agent between the buyer and the seller.
paffendorf and Kilian Zoll like this.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 8:07 pm

Mine has now disappeared from the MH website . . . no contact from anyone yet
Old Jan 7, 2019, 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by bosskh
Mine has now disappeared from the MH website . . . no contact from anyone yet
When were you supposed to travel?
Old Jan 7, 2019, 8:16 pm

01 Feb to 09 Feb
Old Jan 7, 2019, 8:34 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by Sauraigne
Malaysia aknowledged that it was a mistake fare and that was the reason of cancellation... and cancelling after window ends will cost you a lot of time and nerves.
Nerves are needed for these fares
If it were any other airline other than EK on an A380, this probably wouldn't even be considered a mistake fare.
Disappointing to hear the way MH is handling this. Very unprofessional and unreliable IMHO.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 8:45 pm

LOL MH have just asked me again via email if I want to upgrade KNO/KUL
Old Jan 7, 2019, 9:20 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold
I DM MH via twitter 20 mins ago, they asked me to provide my booking reference and name.
Should I? Or is that a trap lol
Old Jan 7, 2019, 9:22 pm

Programs: QR Platinum
Originally Posted by Palmer

I joined skywards. Plugged my skywards membership number into the booking on the Malaysia Airlines site. Went back to Emirates. I could locate my booking then and obtained the PNR. Selected seats and updated my personal info. Received an email from Emirates a few minutes later with the ticket and receipt etc.

Palmer
Thanks
I just did the same and could select seat on emirates website.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by Kyle47
I DM MH via twitter 20 mins ago, they asked me to provide my booking reference and name.
Should I? Or is that a trap lol
don’t think there is much to lose tbh
Old Jan 7, 2019, 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by bosskh

don’t think there is much to lose tbh
I did that earlier this morning and provided my name and reference but have heard nothing back.

My booking looks like it is dying. The flight details (except for the last KUL/JHB flight) have gone on the EK App and the seats I pre-selected are free again. However the booking is still showing on the MH side.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.