Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[Premium Fare Gone]: EK:KUL-DXB in First Class RT for $1307

[Premium Fare Gone]: EK:KUL-DXB in First Class RT for $1307

Old Jan 5, 2019, 1:48 pm

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
Originally Posted by skaars
EDIT Quoted wrong post.

Thank you for help on this. Been scared to pull the trigger if this is only for Business class. I did find a date in April 777-300er via Malaysia Air operated by Emirates that seems to work on Orbitz but is confusing on the Business (A) classification. Other than calling the airlines, are there any other ways to have a better understanding that this books into a first class seat? Thanks in advance.

MH renamed their product Business Suites rather than First.

A class is FIRST
Old Jan 5, 2019, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by skaars
EDIT Quoted wrong post.

Thank you for help on this. Been scared to pull the trigger if this is only for Business class. I did find a date in April 777-300er via Malaysia Air operated by Emirates that seems to work on Orbitz but is confusing on the Business (A) classification. Other than calling the airlines, are there any other ways to have a better understanding that this books into a first class seat? Thanks in advance.
I was apply to select my seats via my EK App and it is First Class it is only called Business Suites (A) at Malaysia Air
Justin Case likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 1:59 pm

Awesome, thanks! Just changed the routing which via Expedia ensured First class listings by going through CGK and back to KUL as suggested (High five, nawlins! - TY too) for a bit cheaper flight as well. I picked early Sept 4 nights in Dubai.

Appreciate the heads-up FF. i missed out on the SYD/ AUK deals while traveling home for the holidays and excited to jump in on this one.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by Kyle47
Still not dead, seems not many people opt in this one compared to the CX&AZ error fares previously.
You can credit CX and NZ flights to earn some nice amount of useful RDMs. For the CX deal, if you credit it to AS and value it at least 1.8cpm, you basically fly CX First for free.

Flying Emirates First is nice but no mileage earning potential with having to position to KUL is a dealbreaker for me. If CX and NZ deals were any indication, I'm sure people will likely to find better deals down the road. Just a thought.
Romanianflyer likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 2:24 pm

One way to get the Emirates booking reference is to add your Emirates Skyward number to the booking (you can change this later). Then the booking will show in your Emirates account and you will be able to select seats aswell.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 2:41 pm

Programs: AF/KL platinum, Turkish gold, QR gold
Originally Posted by iemadv
You can credit CX and NZ flights to earn some nice amount of useful RDMs. For the CX deal, if you credit it to AS and value it at least 1.8cpm, you basically fly CX First for free.

Flying Emirates First is nice but no mileage earning potential with having to position to KUL is a dealbreaker for me. If CX and NZ deals were any indication, I'm sure people will likely to find better deals down the road. Just a thought.
Exactly this. I'm considering it as of course Emirates First is tempting - but think I won't pull the trigger because of the lack of mileage earning (and having been to Malaysia and especially Dubai before on too many occasions). There is only a limited amount of $ (and time) available each year, and I do also need to take into account re-qualifying for my FFPs of choice. I tend to prioritise that, as well as going to places I do actually want to visit. Any other fun deals to places I don't much care about are only of secondary importance.

But if the CX, AZ and MH/EK deals are any indication for 2019, we will have a great upcoming year with plenty of other opportunities! It seems that most airlines hired some good new interns to work on their pricing and fare rules
synd likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 2:47 pm

Programs: ]
I can find availability on A380 in Feb and early March.

Old Jan 5, 2019, 3:01 pm

Managed to find cheaper option with less than 12 hours in Dubai..
Justin Case likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 3:15 pm

Programs: NZ
Originally Posted by a_man_usia

Managed to find cheaper option with less than 12 hours in Dubai..
Medan and Bali are even chepaer:

KNO/KUL/DXB/KUL US$937
DPS/KUL/DXB/KUL US$991

in dates I was looking at in January
Old Jan 5, 2019, 3:16 pm

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
This is awesome! Booked and added to the emirates app by putting my EK number into the MH manage my booking page. Confirmed as First on the EK app. Hopefully this doesnt get cancelled!
Old Jan 5, 2019, 3:30 pm

how do you finding dates? cant find anything for examples.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 3:34 pm

Programs: NZ
Originally Posted by raporot
how do you finding dates? cant find anything for examples.
I am having no problem on Orbitz for dates this month
Old Jan 5, 2019, 3:48 pm

Programs: UA, AA
Originally Posted by cyncynangel
Unfortunately we have too many of these folks around. They only care about themselves.
How does calling an airline and just asking for a confirmation number going to make this deal go away? I never mentioned that this was a great deal, or that I wasn't sure if it would put me in business or first, or anything else other than ask for a confirmation number so I could choose seats on the website. The rep then said she could just give me seats, so I said sure, go ahead.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 3:51 pm

Programs: Velocity Platinum, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Etihad Gold
Do you know if its the same story for BA. No accrual ? Thanks
Old Jan 5, 2019, 3:52 pm

Programs: UA, AA
Originally Posted by gnargel
No, the only question is why you called Emirates (or Orbitz) while this deal is still live....
How does calling Emirates and asking for a confirmation number jeopardizing the deal?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.