Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[Premium Fare Gone]: EK:KUL-DXB in First Class RT for $1307

[Premium Fare Gone]: EK:KUL-DXB in First Class RT for $1307

Old Jan 23, 2019, 12:53 pm

Programs: A3 *G & FB G
Originally Posted by meowskittles
I contacted Orbitz via phone and was told the refund could take up to 8 weeks.
That's what they also told me but I guess I am lucky because just a few days later it was refunded op my CC.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 11:46 am

I didn't get full refund from mytrip.com
there are shortage of payment. Can anyone advise me.
How do i get back the balance of $150
Old Jan 24, 2019, 7:16 pm

Just received my refund this morning (full amount). Both parties (MH and Orbitz) are working well to expedite my refund process. Hope all will get their refund soon.

Planning to redeem the free ticket and see how it goes.

Cheers.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 11:18 pm

How does one redeem the free flight? Any details?
Old Jan 24, 2019, 11:48 pm

The refund from MH arrived this morning. I got the refund for the Expedia booking fee about a week ago.

Originally Posted by CX_newbie
How does one redeem the free flight? Any details?
You need to call the number in the offer letter and inform them about the offer. After you have received your booking reference you need to send an email to the address in the offer letter and they will process the ticket. Need to be at least 30 days before travelling.
CX_newbie likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 12:59 am

Anybody's booking is still alive?
Old Jan 29, 2019, 12:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond
Got a refund by Orbitz, but only for 1 passenger. Had tickets for two passengers under the same booking and used the same CC.
Not really getting the logic behind this but will wait another week and then reach out I guess.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 10:06 pm

Programs: QFF WP, VA SG, Hhonors Diamond
Originally Posted by flockavelliFT
Got a refund by Orbitz, but only for 1 passenger. Had tickets for two passengers under the same booking and used the same CC.
Not really getting the logic behind this but will wait another week and then reach out I guess.
Same with me, and lost $60 on currency differences. Unsure whether to call Orbitz of MH.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 4:39 am

My refund from Orbitz is in. I lost $5 on the exchange
Old Feb 1, 2019, 8:49 pm

Programs: QFF WP, VA SG, Hhonors Diamond
Still no refund for 2nd passenger. Have disputed the transaction via my CC.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 2:29 pm

Programs: NZ
If anyone is still interested in this fare, then I just wanted to say that I did submit a complaint to MAVCOM and have just received the following response:

"With regard to your complaint, the Commission has engaged with Malaysia Airlines Berhad (“MAB”) and based on our evaluation of the case, it was established that a system error had occurred, whereby MAB’s ticketing system had inadvertently published on various online travel agents websites, incorrect first class fares for the flights operated by MAB’s codeshare partner Emirates, for the route Kuala Lumpur to Dubai.

The Commission has observed that MAB had issued notices to the travel agencies and the affected consumers to inform on the system error, immediately after the discovery of the system glitch. The Commission has also found that MAB had offered the following service recovery options:
a) a full refund of the cancelled ticket price and waiver of cancellation and service fee; and
b) a complimentary economy return ticket inclusive of taxes on all MAB operated network, departing from Kuala Lumpur excluding Australia, New Zealand and Europe to each passenger.

Paragraph 12(1) of the Malaysian Aviation Consumer Protection Code (“MACPC”) states that in the case where a flight is cancelled, the operating airline shall offer passengers the compensation and care as specified in the First Schedule. The Commission wishes to highlight that MAB had offered the compensation and care in accordance with the First Schedule of the MACPC when they offered a full refund of the cancelled ticket price and waiver of cancellation and service fee. In addition to that, MAB had also offered a complimentary economy return ticket, subject to Terms and Conditions, to all the affected consumers.

Pursuant to your complaint that MAB had increased the of air fare after the air fare has been purchased, paragraph 4 of the MACPC states that subject to certain exceptions, an airline shall not increase the price of an air fare after the air fare has been purchased by the consumer. Based on our evaluation, the Commission wishes to highlight that MAB had cancelled all the tickets purchased by the consumers at the time the system error had occurred. Therefore, paragraph 4 of the MACPC is not applicable for this situation as the airline had cancelled the ticket.

In view of the foregoing, the Commission is satisfied that MAB has taken full responsibility of the unexpected system error and further rectified this issue in accordance with the provisions of the MACPC."

Perhaps as expected. Unfortunately the time frame for the free economy ticket does not work for me, so I will just have to let this one go. Moving on!!
Old Mar 7, 2019, 2:36 pm
sbq

Programs: LH, KLM Blue, Delta, TK ELITE, MS GOLD, SV, IHG PLATINUM
Originally Posted by minz56
If anyone is still interested in this fare, then I just wanted to say that I did submit a complaint to MAVCOM and have just received the following response:

"With regard to your complaint, the Commission has engaged with Malaysia Airlines Berhad (MAB) and based on our evaluation of the case, it was established that a system error had occurred, whereby MABs ticketing system had inadvertently published on various online travel agents websites, incorrect first class fares for the flights operated by MABs codeshare partner Emirates, for the route Kuala Lumpur to Dubai.

The Commission has observed that MAB had issued notices to the travel agencies and the affected consumers to inform on the system error, immediately after the discovery of the system glitch. The Commission has also found that MAB had offered the following service recovery options:
a) a full refund of the cancelled ticket price and waiver of cancellation and service fee; and
b) a complimentary economy return ticket inclusive of taxes on all MAB operated network, departing from Kuala Lumpur excluding Australia, New Zealand and Europe to each passenger.

Paragraph 12(1) of the Malaysian Aviation Consumer Protection Code (MACPC) states that in the case where a flight is cancelled, the operating airline shall offer passengers the compensation and care as specified in the First Schedule. The Commission wishes to highlight that MAB had offered the compensation and care in accordance with the First Schedule of the MACPC when they offered a full refund of the cancelled ticket price and waiver of cancellation and service fee. In addition to that, MAB had also offered a complimentary economy return ticket, subject to Terms and Conditions, to all the affected consumers.

Pursuant to your complaint that MAB had increased the of air fare after the air fare has been purchased, paragraph 4 of the MACPC states that subject to certain exceptions, an airline shall not increase the price of an air fare after the air fare has been purchased by the consumer. Based on our evaluation, the Commission wishes to highlight that MAB had cancelled all the tickets purchased by the consumers at the time the system error had occurred. Therefore, paragraph 4 of the MACPC is not applicable for this situation as the airline had cancelled the ticket.

In view of the foregoing, the Commission is satisfied that MAB has taken full responsibility of the unexpected system error and further rectified this issue in accordance with the provisions of the MACPC."

Perhaps as expected. Unfortunately the time frame for the free economy ticket does not work for me, so I will just have to let this one go. Moving on!!
I managed to get free economy return ticket to Jeddah. The flight dates and times suited me as well. So a happy customer.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 10:03 pm

Managed to redeemed and flew the offered economy ticket. thank you MH despite the longgggggg longggg longggggg arguments and processes.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 10:06 am

Programs: Programless
I brought the tickets from gate1.com and i still didnt get my refund!
Anyone here experienced this or booked from gate1?
Old Mar 17, 2019, 4:07 pm

I talked to a flight attendant in the bar onboard a flight from DXB to NRT the other day. We discussed the price differences between business class and first class. She said she had recently been on a flight from DXB to KUL where one customer had claimed he paid less than 800 USD for the flight in first class. So I guess someone were able to travel.
Kilian Zoll likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.