Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] AZ: BCN - LAX £456 in J....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 14, 2019, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: kevinflyaway
Code:
Please post you departure dates and routes below:

March
 MARCH 07 BCN - FCO - LAX Madeiraportugal
 MARCH 11 PacificTwo
 MARCH 11 BCN-FCO-JFK UAPremierGuy
 MARCH 14 LAX - CDG - FCO - BCN Madeiraportugal
 MARCH 19 BCN-FCO-CDG GlennHaak
 MARCH 19 MAD-FCO-JFK beyounged
 MARCH 20 CDG-LAX GlennHaak
 MARCH 25 BCN-FCO-JFK JonEJacobs
 MARCH 25 JFK-FCO-MAD beyounged
 MARCH 28 LAX-FCO-BCN GlennHaak

April
 APRIL 01 BCN-FCO-LAX - idiosyncrasy
 APRIL 04 BCN - FCO - CDG (+1) - LAX Mister Miles
 APRIL 05 JFK-FCO-BCN JonEJacobs
 APRIL 08 BCN - FCO - LAX - honzeek_cz
 APRIL 08 FCO-CDG JNLentertainment
 APRIL 09 CDG-LAX - JNLentertainment
 APRIL 09 LAX - JFK - FCO - BCN Mister Miles
 APRIL 23 LAX-CDG honzeek_cz
 APRIL 24 CDG-FCO-BCN honzeek_cz
 APRIL 25 MAD-LIN honzeek_cz
 APRIL 25 LAX-CDG-FCO-BCN idiosyncrasy
 APRIL 26 LIN-CDG-LAX honzeek_cz
 APRIL 29 LAX-FCO honzeek_cz
 APRIL 30 FCO-MAD honzeek_cz
 APRIL 30 MAD-FCO Maayan

May
 MAY 01 FCO-LAX Maayan
 MAY 01 BCN-FCO-JFK ramalair
 MAY 02 BCN-FCO-JFK e30st
 MAY 02 BCN-FCO / MAY 03 FCO-LAX Travel-Quinten
 MAY 02 BCN-FCO-LAX Wildwater
 MAY 02 BCN-FCO / MAY 03 FCO-LAX bmibaby737
 MAY 06 JFK-FCO-BCN (+1) e30st
 MAY 06 LAX-FCO-BCN (+1) Travel-Quinten
 MAY 06 LAX-FCO-BCN Wildwater
 MAY 06 LAX-JFK-FCO / MAY 07 FCO-BCN bmibaby737
 MAY 08 LAX-FCO-MAD Maayan
 MAY 09 JFK-FCO-BCN ramalair
 MAY 09 LAX- FCO JNLentertainment
 MAY 09 FCO-BCN JNLentertainment

September

October

November
 Nov 7 BCN - FCO - JFK ExpatSomchai
 Nov 11 JFK - FCO - BCN (+1) ExpatSomchai
Print Wikipost

[PREM FARE GONE] AZ: BCN - LAX £456 in J....

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2019, 10:58 am
Used to be guidogh

Programs: FB Ultimate, Hertz Platinum, Star Aliiance Gold
Originally Posted by josephstern
Does any ticket ever allow name changes anymore?
No idea
Old Mar 12, 2019, 2:12 pm

This was my first time flying AZ, so here are my brief thoughts:
- Everything was smooth! Will give props to AZ for this. On time operations - pleasantly surprised.
- Intra-EU J as poor as expected. Not really sure why they even bother. Buy your own food if you want to eat well.
- E-gates (the passport control gates) are awesome! So if you're a citizen of USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Korea, Japan or Israel USE THEM!
- Lounge at E gates (the terminal) nice. Cappuccino bar much appreciated. Though the barista there was disinterested and aloof - welcome to Italy?! You want coffee? Here's my DGAF face.
- 777 seats decent. Had the "honeymoon" pair and I think this was great for couple.
- Cabin does get hot though as they curtain all the sections off.
- IFE quality sucked. Took half the flight to get it working. Old screen. Appalling interaction design. Movie selection OK, with some interesting Italian films though.
- Main meal really good and wine fine without being great. Dessert very savory (ricotta cheese mixture). Snacks lacking and before landing meal not particularly interesting or tasty.
- Service fine during meal times, but otherwise good luck spotting an FA.

Last edited by PacificTwo; Mar 12, 2019 at 2:16 pm Reason: E-gates clarification
Old Mar 12, 2019, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Cool. Thanks for the report. Can't wait to have that same barista experience! Maybe I can snap a pic.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 1:38 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
To piggy-back off of PacificTwo (sorry I missed you in the lounge, BTW!), the intra-Europe flight was better in some ways and worse in others. The recline was WAY better than other European airlines I have flown in Europe Business Class. (much to the chagrin of the guy sitting behind me). I complained to the flight attendants, who told them I had a right to recline my seats. ^

The "meal" was sad, and honestly of poorer quality than meals in Domestic US First Class, or even the BA flight I took to position.

The Lounge in Terminal E was crowded, with outlets hard (though at least not impossible...cough cough...BCN...) to find. Like PacificTwo, I found the Barista to be...meh..., though a bit cute. I certainly missed self-pour bar.

It was a reasonably short walk to my DL flight, which, on the 764, left a lot to be desired. The IFE sucked, the food was mediocre, and service from the OLD FA's was very AA-esque, certainly not above AA or UA by any means.

So far, the "outbound" of this fare left me glad I paid what I did on this fare and not much more. Here's hoping to an improved return in May (I'm scheduled on a DL A330 overwater, so that should help).

As far as the fare worked, there were NO issues, and the DL leg (not the AZ leg, yet) has already credited to my SkyPesos account! ^
bmibaby737 and glennhaak like this.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 2:53 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Good to read all experiences.

Anybody tried to change dates? I know this is a no-brainer, but something came up with my travel partner. So we can't make the outbound flight, so my day pretty much sucked! Gonna try calling them anyway (since reader succes stories are already up now) and hope for a miracle. Otherwise we'll keep the tickets intact and pray for a schedule change, so that allows for a free change
Old Mar 14, 2019, 8:44 am

Programs: BAEC Blue, Flying Blue Silver, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold
I’ve been holding off cancelling the american express card i booked this fare off - now i’m a bit more confident it’s going to go through im going to cancel it. But, if Alitalia did cancel, would it be easy to get my money back?
Old Mar 14, 2019, 9:06 am
Used to be guidogh

Programs: FB Ultimate, Hertz Platinum, Star Aliiance Gold
Originally Posted by bmibaby737
I’ve been holding off cancelling the american express card i booked this fare off - now i’m a bit more confident it’s going to go through im going to cancel it. But, if Alitalia did cancel, would it be easy to get my money back?
You can be sure AZ will not cancel your ticket anymore…

It will be hard to get your money back for two reasons..
1: AZ doesnt want to give it back and will make it as hard, long and painfull as possible with or without your original creditcard
2: AZ does not have money...
bmibaby737 and glennhaak like this.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 7:07 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum | Flying Blue Petroleum | Hilton Gold | Marriott Gold | Shangri-La Jade
@Madeiraportugal: How did your trip go? Specifically the AF leg?
Old Mar 15, 2019, 11:50 pm

Programs: TP Gold / Star Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by glennhaak
@Madeiraportugal: How did your trip go? Specifically the AF leg?
hi.

All went smooth. All honored
You cant choose seat. I have been located on the 72A and B.

We loved everything. Its really other championship compared to AZ. But we need to thank AZ hehehe

Ps: in my stopover of 7h in paris - AF did not gave nothing (normally they give me Yotel. ) but this time they said its a AZ ticket and they could not give nothing.
We went to the lounge near the embarkation door.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 4:39 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum | Flying Blue Petroleum | Hilton Gold | Marriott Gold | Shangri-La Jade
Originally Posted by Madeiraportugal
hi.

All went smooth. All honored
You cant choose seat. I have been located on the 72A and B.

We loved everything. Its really other championship compared to AZ. But we need to thank AZ hehehe

Ps: in my stopover of 7h in paris - AF did not gave nothing (normally they give me Yotel. ) but this time they said its a AZ ticket and they could not give nothing.
We went to the lounge near the embarkation door.
Good to hear! Fortunately, I was able to choose a seat on the AF leg

Enjoy!
Old Mar 16, 2019, 10:34 am

Has anyone credited the miles to Delta? If so, did it post as an E fare? I'm thinking about doing a status challenge with Delta to get Gold and even if I only fly the outbound portion of the itinerary, I can fly back to MIA/FLL in business/first and it will put me over what I need.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 10:39 am

Programs: GOLD: AZ....maybe :-P
Originally Posted by kyparamedic
Has anyone credited the miles to Delta? If so, did it post as an E fare? I'm thinking about doing a status challenge with Delta to get Gold and even if I only fly the outbound portion of the itinerary, I can fly back to MIA/FLL in business/first and it will put me over what I need.
For the challenge do you need to fly with Delta or you can fly with the other ST members?
Old Mar 16, 2019, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by KiteM

For the challenge do you need to fly with Delta or you can fly with the other ST members?
From what I read, it can be with any ST members. Based on their chart and the Alitalia ticket being an E-class fare, then MAD-FCO-LAX would earn around 10,774 MQMs and 2873 MQDs. For the Gold challenge which matches to AA Platinum, you need 12,500 MQMs and 1,500 MQDs to extend it through the rest of the year. Since you get complimentary status for 3 months, you'd also get 200% base miles plus another 60% for being gold, which would come out to 18,675. Obviously all of this would be doubled if you fly the whole itinerary.

Here's the verbiage from Delta's site: MQMs, MQSs and MQDs earned on Delta- and Delta Connection-operated flights will count towards this challenge. MQMs, MQSs and MQDs may also be earned on partner airline flights that are eligible to earn MQMs, MQSs and MQDs. Visit Airline Partners to learn more about what flights qualify.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kyparamedic
.....Here's the verbiage from Delta's site: MQMs, MQSs and MQDs earned on Delta- and Delta Connection-operated flights will count towards this challenge. MQMs, MQSs and MQDs may also be earned on partner airline flights that are eligible to earn MQMs, MQSs and MQDs. Visit Airline Partners to learn more about what flights qualify.
The way I read it is that only DL and DL connection operated flights are eligible for challenge.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 11:55 am

Originally Posted by TerryK
The way I read it is that only DL and DL connection operated flights are eligible for challenge.
It's weird that they would mention that MQMs and MQDs can be earned on partner airlines if they wouldn't count towards the challenge, at least to me. I'll try to contact them and confirm. If they don't then I won't even bother.

Edit: According to the following site, any partner airline that earns MQMs, MQDs and MQSs counts towards the challenge - https://upgradedpoints.com/delta-air-lines-status-match/

Last edited by kyparamedic; Mar 16, 2019 at 11:59 am Reason: Update

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.