Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] AZ: BCN - LAX £456 in J....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 14, 2019, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: kevinflyaway
Code:
Please post you departure dates and routes below:

March
 MARCH 07 BCN - FCO - LAX Madeiraportugal
 MARCH 11 PacificTwo
 MARCH 11 BCN-FCO-JFK UAPremierGuy
 MARCH 14 LAX - CDG - FCO - BCN Madeiraportugal
 MARCH 19 BCN-FCO-CDG GlennHaak
 MARCH 19 MAD-FCO-JFK beyounged
 MARCH 20 CDG-LAX GlennHaak
 MARCH 25 BCN-FCO-JFK JonEJacobs
 MARCH 25 JFK-FCO-MAD beyounged
 MARCH 28 LAX-FCO-BCN GlennHaak

April
 APRIL 01 BCN-FCO-LAX - idiosyncrasy
 APRIL 04 BCN - FCO - CDG (+1) - LAX Mister Miles
 APRIL 05 JFK-FCO-BCN JonEJacobs
 APRIL 08 BCN - FCO - LAX - honzeek_cz
 APRIL 08 FCO-CDG JNLentertainment
 APRIL 09 CDG-LAX - JNLentertainment
 APRIL 09 LAX - JFK - FCO - BCN Mister Miles
 APRIL 23 LAX-CDG honzeek_cz
 APRIL 24 CDG-FCO-BCN honzeek_cz
 APRIL 25 MAD-LIN honzeek_cz
 APRIL 25 LAX-CDG-FCO-BCN idiosyncrasy
 APRIL 26 LIN-CDG-LAX honzeek_cz
 APRIL 29 LAX-FCO honzeek_cz
 APRIL 30 FCO-MAD honzeek_cz
 APRIL 30 MAD-FCO Maayan

May
 MAY 01 FCO-LAX Maayan
 MAY 01 BCN-FCO-JFK ramalair
 MAY 02 BCN-FCO-JFK e30st
 MAY 02 BCN-FCO / MAY 03 FCO-LAX Travel-Quinten
 MAY 02 BCN-FCO-LAX Wildwater
 MAY 02 BCN-FCO / MAY 03 FCO-LAX bmibaby737
 MAY 06 JFK-FCO-BCN (+1) e30st
 MAY 06 LAX-FCO-BCN (+1) Travel-Quinten
 MAY 06 LAX-FCO-BCN Wildwater
 MAY 06 LAX-JFK-FCO / MAY 07 FCO-BCN bmibaby737
 MAY 08 LAX-FCO-MAD Maayan
 MAY 09 JFK-FCO-BCN ramalair
 MAY 09 LAX- FCO JNLentertainment
 MAY 09 FCO-BCN JNLentertainment

September

October

November
 Nov 7 BCN - FCO - JFK ExpatSomchai
 Nov 11 JFK - FCO - BCN (+1) ExpatSomchai
Print Wikipost

[PREM FARE GONE] AZ: BCN - LAX £456 in J....

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2019, 7:44 pm

Programs: DL GM
I was able to change my seats early on at AZ. Then I went to AF to select my seat, but then I couldn’t do any seats changes on AZ anymore. I assume this is a pretty common problem and chalked it up to IT. Have not thought much of it as everything is OK to fly.

As to downgrading at check in, wouldn’t that require a special flag on the reservation or our booking class to be revised? I assume we would simply show as being booked in business to the check in counter unless they went digging into the fare rules or was otherwise alerted? To my knowledge I was advertised and booked a business class ticket, I would be very angry should they tell me the day of I am being downgraded to Economy.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 8:58 pm

Programs: AF/KL Plat, AA Plat, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by idiosyncrasy
I was able to change my seats early on at AZ. Then I went to AF to select my seat, but then I couldn’t do any seats changes on AZ anymore. I assume this is a pretty common problem and chalked it up to IT. Have not thought much of it as everything is OK to fly.

As to downgrading at check in, wouldn’t that require a special flag on the reservation or our booking class to be revised? I assume we would simply show as being booked in business to the check in counter unless they went digging into the fare rules or was otherwise alerted? To my knowledge I was advertised and booked a business class ticket, I would be very angry should they tell me the day of I am being downgraded to Economy.
I agree that it's likely plainly an IT issue. Can you still change seats on AF's website? I don't know if that still works, but I would often change my AZ seats on AF's website in the past, just because AZ's IT wouldn't let me.

Downgrading at check-in would be a tricky process, especially because contract staff would have to do that at an outstation (I don't think AZ has their own agents in MAD, BCN, VLC, AGP, except for a station manager).
Old Feb 12, 2019, 1:18 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, BA Gold, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by 108912
While nothing is certain I highly doubt this. I can only really see this scenario happening where passengers are able to travel very quickly after booking before the airline has come to a decision on what to do with a mis-coded ticket sale.

AZ in this case have been aware of the issue for well over a month now.

If Alitalia were going to take action they would have taken the safe route and cancelled the tickets which is completely within their remit to do. It's the easiest solution they could take if they wanted to do so.

Downgrading passengers at the airport that have business class tickets with business class fare codes and an 'ok to fly' status would be far more murkier water for AZ and just add complexity to their airport operations.

I'm confident at this point that anyone that booked directly with AZ and using AZ on all legs will have the reservations honoured as ticketed.
I woud love to be wrong, but knowing AZ, I hihgly doubt they will honour. And remember LX, stance in RGN case. Cancelling now is not the easisest IMHO, because they might have to deal with nonrefundable bookings etc. If they downgrade at checkin, they just return part/all of your money (and they can keep it until you fly) and thats it. Remember they can downgrade you even if you buy legitimate ticket and there is nothing one can do about it.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 5:14 am

Originally Posted by honzeek_cz
I woud love to be wrong, but knowing AZ, I hihgly doubt they will honour. And remember LX, stance in RGN case. Cancelling now is not the easisest IMHO, because they might have to deal with nonrefundable bookings etc. If they downgrade at checkin, they just return part/all of your money (and they can keep it until you fly) and thats it. Remember they can downgrade you even if you buy legitimate ticket and there is nothing one can do about it.
They can, but unless this is due to overbooking or security reasons, they will be asking for some trouble with EU regulators. And if they try to pull security reason for ALL the people who booked that fare, they will definitely realize it might backfire
bmibaby737 likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 6:04 am

Originally Posted by honzeek_cz
Circumstances in which they can downgrade without much consequence are pretty clear, mainly in overbooking situations.

AZ was aware that this fare was mis-coded within 24hrs. That was the time for them to react. A week, maybe even two weeks after. And they could have done that absolutely legitimately with likely a few complaints from regulators that they would be able to weather. They chose not to - IMHO because probably a very limited amount of stock was affected,

If it was a fare code error - in that the fare code for bookings is actually an economy class fare code but mis-coded as 'Business' - they could have a leg to stand on downgrading at check in but even that would be dodgy ground.

As it stands - fares sold direct via AZ, over a month since AZ aware of the situation, fare code a bona fide Business Class fare, a very large gap between selling the tickets and the first passenger flying - I think that in all likelihood people will fly as ticketed. Sure, they might choose the crazy option of downgrading people at check in. But that will just cause them regulatory grief if it's not due to overbooking especially given the gap between people booking and flying.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 6:39 am

Programs: AF/KL Plat, AA Plat, HH Diamond
Also big difference between this and the LX RGN fare: this one was filed by AZ, the LX fare was a IATA YY fare.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 7:33 am

I just spoke with an AZ agent regarding my seat selection, he happily helped me to select my preferred seats, I asked him if everything looked fine and he said '' Everything is good sir welcome aboard''.
Honestly, I doubt anything will happen beyond this point, everything looks good I even received my seat selection confirmation from AZ with my ticket number stating Business class.
As Oxymore mentioned above don't forget your Esta/Visa and all the right documents.

All of you guys who have not booked position flights yet should as the ticket prices will increase if you keep waiting until last minute.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 1:15 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
People keep saying this was an error but I am sure it was a Flash Sale.
Travel-Quinten likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
People keep saying this was an error but I am sure it was a Flash Sale.
If this was a flash sale than this would be the greatest flash sale of all time and there would have been a lot of fuzz about it but I'm 99.9% sure it was not. I highly doubt it was a flash sale, First and Business class is were the airlines make their real money. None of AZ partner airlines such as AF and DL would agree to sell their premium seats for such a low price neither would AZ themselves who lost more than €330 Million Euros last year.
For us who managed to book it, we can call it flash sale as we don't like the word Error even though it was.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 3:39 pm

Programs: FB Gold, SAS Gold
Originally Posted by bestvideos123
For us who managed to book it, we can call it flash sale as we don't like the word Error even though it was.
Oh but indeed this was a flash sale
Old Feb 12, 2019, 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by bestvideos123
First and Business class is were the airlines make their real money.

Old Feb 18, 2019, 4:29 am

For people who can't manage their seats on AZ website ?

Does it appear after you logged your booking on Delta website ? I think it's the reason why
Old Feb 18, 2019, 4:56 am

Programs: TP Gold / Star Alliance Gold
What do you - FT's - think about prepare something, so that the first users can prepare themselves about any last minute problem.

Downgrade - what to do ? what to say ? what to expect ? what to claim ?

Cancelling - Here, in the EU, if they cancel less than 2 weeks before, they will need to pay compensation + full refund / reroute - https://ec.europa.eu/ireland/services/air-travel_en#5

I think at the moment there's 3 options. But i think they'll honour it and thats it.
Just the return, with AF (my case) and other affiliates, i'm very concerned with this.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 6:19 am

Programs: BAEC Blue, Flying Blue Silver, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by thogui19

Does it appear after you logged your booking on Delta website ? I think it's the reason why
could be why. I logged my booking on the Delta app but cant remember if the error on alitalias website appeared before or after i logged it with delta.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 10:35 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, BA Gold, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by thogui19

I never logged into my res on delta site

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.