Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] AZ: BCN - LAX £456 in J....

Old Jan 14, 2019, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: kevinflyaway
Code:
Please post you departure dates and routes below:

March
 MARCH 07 BCN - FCO - LAX Madeiraportugal
 MARCH 11 PacificTwo
 MARCH 11 BCN-FCO-JFK UAPremierGuy
 MARCH 14 LAX - CDG - FCO - BCN Madeiraportugal
 MARCH 19 BCN-FCO-CDG GlennHaak
 MARCH 19 MAD-FCO-JFK beyounged
 MARCH 20 CDG-LAX GlennHaak
 MARCH 25 BCN-FCO-JFK JonEJacobs
 MARCH 25 JFK-FCO-MAD beyounged
 MARCH 28 LAX-FCO-BCN GlennHaak

April
 APRIL 01 BCN-FCO-LAX - idiosyncrasy
 APRIL 04 BCN - FCO - CDG (+1) - LAX Mister Miles
 APRIL 05 JFK-FCO-BCN JonEJacobs
 APRIL 08 BCN - FCO - LAX - honzeek_cz
 APRIL 08 FCO-CDG JNLentertainment
 APRIL 09 CDG-LAX - JNLentertainment
 APRIL 09 LAX - JFK - FCO - BCN Mister Miles
 APRIL 23 LAX-CDG honzeek_cz
 APRIL 24 CDG-FCO-BCN honzeek_cz
 APRIL 25 MAD-LIN honzeek_cz
 APRIL 25 LAX-CDG-FCO-BCN idiosyncrasy
 APRIL 26 LIN-CDG-LAX honzeek_cz
 APRIL 29 LAX-FCO honzeek_cz
 APRIL 30 FCO-MAD honzeek_cz
 APRIL 30 MAD-FCO Maayan

May
 MAY 01 FCO-LAX Maayan
 MAY 01 BCN-FCO-JFK ramalair
 MAY 02 BCN-FCO-JFK e30st
 MAY 02 BCN-FCO / MAY 03 FCO-LAX Travel-Quinten
 MAY 02 BCN-FCO-LAX Wildwater
 MAY 02 BCN-FCO / MAY 03 FCO-LAX bmibaby737
 MAY 06 JFK-FCO-BCN (+1) e30st
 MAY 06 LAX-FCO-BCN (+1) Travel-Quinten
 MAY 06 LAX-FCO-BCN Wildwater
 MAY 06 LAX-JFK-FCO / MAY 07 FCO-BCN bmibaby737
 MAY 08 LAX-FCO-MAD Maayan
 MAY 09 JFK-FCO-BCN ramalair
 MAY 09 LAX- FCO JNLentertainment
 MAY 09 FCO-BCN JNLentertainment

September

October

November
 Nov 7 BCN - FCO - JFK ExpatSomchai
 Nov 11 JFK - FCO - BCN (+1) ExpatSomchai
Print Wikipost

[PREM FARE GONE] AZ: BCN - LAX £456 in J....

Old Feb 10, 2019, 5:09 am

Programs: TP Gold / Star Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by Hollandair
So out of all people here that booked this fare, only 1 person claims AZ has contact him. I am not sure how credible that is. Why on earth would he be the only one contacted? Not saying its impposible and not true, but very strange for sure. Besides that if it would have been the case most likely AZ would have cancelled or downgraded first, and then contact person to avoid these discussions.
The only thing that makes "sense" it's that he's the first flying and maybe they are "testing" with him.
Don't think that somebody will waste time on the forum to lie about somethin'.

PS: 25 days to my flight.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 9:11 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum | Flying Blue Petroleum | Hilton Gold | Marriott Gold | Shangri-La Jade
Originally Posted by Madeiraportugal
The only thing that makes "sense" it's that he's the first flying and maybe they are "testing" with him.
Don't think that somebody will waste time on the forum to lie about somethin'.

PS: 25 days to my flight.
I hardly believe he'll be the first one to the fly, from FT, maybe yes, but probably not from everyone who booked this fare, sounds sketchy to me and at this point I am very confident everything will be honored. Will be booking positioning flights coming week.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 6:28 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Booked position flights as well. In the end more expensive then I thought :
I'll wait to book tickets for Warner Studio visits and such, until the first one flies out and reports back

Curious to actually see other FT'ers on the flight.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 3:09 am

Programs: DL Gold, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by kevinflyaway
Curious to actually see other FT'ers on the flight.
see you on the BCN-FCO//FCO-BCN legs
kevinflyaway likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 8:10 am

Programs: AF/KL Plat, AA Plat, HH Diamond
Seeing how people have now booked their positioning flights/hotels and the time that has elapsed since the tickets were issued makes me really think that everything will be honored as ticketed, as now AZ would be liable under US DoT rules for all the nonrefundable travel arrangements people have made.
Also, for those who need it, remember to get your ESTA/visa early enough - it would be to bad to be denied boarding on these tickets just because you didn't get your paperwork in time!
Old Feb 11, 2019, 8:47 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, BA Gold, A3 Gold
IMHO they will downgrade at checkin/gate. It will be effortless and cheapest solution. Within thier CoC, no denied boardings compensations, no EU regulations, only partial/full fare refund. No liabilty for any other costs.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by honzeek_cz
IMHO they will downgrade at checkin/gate. It will be effortless and cheapest solution. Within thier CoC, no denied boardings compensations, no EU regulations, only partial/full fare refund. No liabilty for any other costs.
I don't see why they would be immune from EU regulations if they do that. Also, just went through the CoC, and I don't see anything that would allow for it.

Last edited by Oxymore; Feb 11, 2019 at 9:08 am
Old Feb 11, 2019, 9:24 am

There is a possibility indeed, Something sketchy may be going on behind the scenes which we are not aware of yet, hence I cannot choose my preferred Business class seat on their website on flights operated by AZ.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by bestvideos123
There is a possibility indeed, Something sketchy may be going on behind the scenes which we are not aware of yet, hence I cannot choose my preferred Business class seat on their website on flights operated by AZ.
But dugb even though he’s the one who got a call, could still change his seats (and many people seemingly can).
Old Feb 11, 2019, 2:41 pm

While nothing is certain I highly doubt this. I can only really see this scenario happening where passengers are able to travel very quickly after booking before the airline has come to a decision on what to do with a mis-coded ticket sale.

AZ in this case have been aware of the issue for well over a month now.

If Alitalia were going to take action they would have taken the safe route and cancelled the tickets which is completely within their remit to do. It's the easiest solution they could take if they wanted to do so.

Downgrading passengers at the airport that have business class tickets with business class fare codes and an 'ok to fly' status would be far more murkier water for AZ and just add complexity to their airport operations.

I'm confident at this point that anyone that booked directly with AZ and using AZ on all legs will have the reservations honoured as ticketed.
Oxymore likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 2:41 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AS MVP Gold
As far as I know, those who booked through OTAs can change seat, and those who booked on AZ site, and/or containing segments on different metal, can't.
I booked through a finnish OTA, and I can change seats whenever I want, and always get a confirmation PDF from AZ, stating that ticket is confirmed, in E class, biz, and everything is fine.

I'll wait a couple of more weeks though to book positioning flights. Maybe until the first person flies. I don't want to go by Wizz or Ryan. I have status at Star Alliance and SkyTeam, if I count in the checked bag fee, and price each lounge access at $20, its even cheaper by a legacy, than on ULCCs.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 4:33 pm

Programs: Compulsory Traveller
Originally Posted by e30st
As far as I know, those who booked through OTAs can change seat, and those who booked on AZ site, and/or containing segments on different metal, can't.
I booked directly with AZ and can change seats.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 4:34 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue, Flying Blue Silver, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by ritesa

I booked directly with AZ and can change seats.
where as i also did and i can’t.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by bmibaby737

where as i also did and i can’t.
Any segments on non-AZ metal?
Old Feb 11, 2019, 5:39 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Well just checked my reservation which is intact. Changed the seats, no problem, received confirmation email all showing Business, confirmed, OK to fly.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.