Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] AZ: BCN - LAX £456 in J....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 14, 2019, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: kevinflyaway
Code:
Please post you departure dates and routes below:

March
 MARCH 07 BCN - FCO - LAX Madeiraportugal
 MARCH 11 PacificTwo
 MARCH 11 BCN-FCO-JFK UAPremierGuy
 MARCH 14 LAX - CDG - FCO - BCN Madeiraportugal
 MARCH 19 BCN-FCO-CDG GlennHaak
 MARCH 19 MAD-FCO-JFK beyounged
 MARCH 20 CDG-LAX GlennHaak
 MARCH 25 BCN-FCO-JFK JonEJacobs
 MARCH 25 JFK-FCO-MAD beyounged
 MARCH 28 LAX-FCO-BCN GlennHaak

April
 APRIL 01 BCN-FCO-LAX - idiosyncrasy
 APRIL 04 BCN - FCO - CDG (+1) - LAX Mister Miles
 APRIL 05 JFK-FCO-BCN JonEJacobs
 APRIL 08 BCN - FCO - LAX - honzeek_cz
 APRIL 08 FCO-CDG JNLentertainment
 APRIL 09 CDG-LAX - JNLentertainment
 APRIL 09 LAX - JFK - FCO - BCN Mister Miles
 APRIL 23 LAX-CDG honzeek_cz
 APRIL 24 CDG-FCO-BCN honzeek_cz
 APRIL 25 MAD-LIN honzeek_cz
 APRIL 25 LAX-CDG-FCO-BCN idiosyncrasy
 APRIL 26 LIN-CDG-LAX honzeek_cz
 APRIL 29 LAX-FCO honzeek_cz
 APRIL 30 FCO-MAD honzeek_cz
 APRIL 30 MAD-FCO Maayan

May
 MAY 01 FCO-LAX Maayan
 MAY 01 BCN-FCO-JFK ramalair
 MAY 02 BCN-FCO-JFK e30st
 MAY 02 BCN-FCO / MAY 03 FCO-LAX Travel-Quinten
 MAY 02 BCN-FCO-LAX Wildwater
 MAY 02 BCN-FCO / MAY 03 FCO-LAX bmibaby737
 MAY 06 JFK-FCO-BCN (+1) e30st
 MAY 06 LAX-FCO-BCN (+1) Travel-Quinten
 MAY 06 LAX-FCO-BCN Wildwater
 MAY 06 LAX-JFK-FCO / MAY 07 FCO-BCN bmibaby737
 MAY 08 LAX-FCO-MAD Maayan
 MAY 09 JFK-FCO-BCN ramalair
 MAY 09 LAX- FCO JNLentertainment
 MAY 09 FCO-BCN JNLentertainment

September

October

November
 Nov 7 BCN - FCO - JFK ExpatSomchai
 Nov 11 JFK - FCO - BCN (+1) ExpatSomchai
Print Wikipost

[PREM FARE GONE] AZ: BCN - LAX £456 in J....

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2019, 7:34 am

So what will you do now?
maybe don't speak with them anymore and just fly?
Old Feb 5, 2019, 7:39 am

Programs: AF/KL Plat, AA Plat, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by dugb
I am flying before you.
How far in advance did they notify you? In any case, even if you end up with a refund, it's worth a US DoT complaint and a complaint to the Spanish regulator (AESA) as well.
Stressing the fact that AZ contacted you more than a month after you booked the ticket.
dugb likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 7:41 am

Originally Posted by bestvideos123
maybe don't speak with them anymore and just fly?
I doubt that's gonna work.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 7:47 am

Originally Posted by Oxymore
I doubt that's gonna work.
Obviously there is a risk, but it is still better than listening to Alitalia clueless workers who don't know anything.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by bestvideos123
Obviously there is a risk, but it is still better than listening to Alitalia clueless workers who don't know anything.
I would be quite confident that the call wasn't made by a "clueless" front-line representative in this case.

Last edited by Oxymore; Feb 5, 2019 at 7:53 am
Old Feb 5, 2019, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I wonder how they'll attempt to deal with those of us who booked through OTAs. I can't see an OTA accepting those options to pass on to a customer.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by josephstern
I wonder how they'll attempt to deal with those of us who booked through OTAs. I can't see an OTA accepting those options to pass on to a customer.
I wonder if they could threaten the OTA with an ADM, or if they would just take control of the tickets. But yes, I doubt the OTAs will be happy to deal with that so long after the tickets have been issued. In the end, I am not sure it would make such a big difference as AZ is still flying the planes and letting people board them (or not). Maybe we can expect a good customer service gesture from good OTAs.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 8:34 am

Programs: Skymiles, AAdvantage
So they called back and I answered she said they are contacting people who booked through google flights. I told her I was not accepting their proposal and I booked directly with them and they should honor my ticket because it’s their fault. She said she understood and she was going to send my petition to her supervisor and headquarters and call me back within 72 hours. I also asked what would happen if I do nothing and I show up at the airport, would they put me back in economy even though all my tickets say business class? She replied that the receipt says business but ticket class is for economy. She never really addressed my question directly.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Oxymore
I wonder if they could threaten the OTA with an ADM, or if they would just take control of the tickets. But yes, I doubt the OTAs will be happy to deal with that so long after the tickets have been issued. In the end, I am not sure it would make such a big difference as AZ is still flying the planes and letting people board them (or not). Maybe we can expect a good customer service gesture from good OTAs.
Last time, they just took control of all the tickets, even those issued by third party agents.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 8:44 am

So they called back and I answered she said they are contacting people who booked through google flights. I told her I was not accepting their proposal and I booked directly with them and they should honor my ticket because it’s their fault. She said she understood and she was going to send my petition to her supervisor and headquarters and call me back within 72 hours. I also asked what would happen if I do nothing and I show up at the airport, would they put me back in economy even though all my tickets say business class? She replied that the receipt says business but ticket class is for economy. She never really addressed my question directly.
"Booked through Google flights" lol ... looks to be someone aware of anything. Already heard it twice "we'll call you back in xx hours" and nothing happened even after being reported to Alitalia police station because i was very mean to buy this fare ...
Old Feb 5, 2019, 8:44 am

Interesting. I don't know what "booked through Google flights" would mean as you would have to be redirected to either AZ or an OTA to book. Also for people who used an OTA, they can't claim that people "booked through Google flights", obviously, so I'm curious to hear what they would say to that.
In any case, it kinda sounds like they were trying to get you to accept a "voluntary" refund or downgrade, otherwise I doubt she would have agreed to contact her supervisor, if a firm decision had been made not to honor the ticket. It also seems like the agent was at least nice to you (and actually called back after she said she would!). By all means, keep us posted.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 8:46 am

Programs: BAEC Blue, Flying Blue Silver, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold
when are you due to fly?
Old Feb 5, 2019, 8:53 am

She replied that the receipt says business but ticket class is for economy.
It's false. Yes it's the price of an economy ticket but the ticket was issued in Business. If they change the class it will change the booking class as we are all booked in E - > business class.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 4:32 pm

Programs: GOLD: AZ....maybe :-P
I am flying before you.
Can you share with us when you'are flying (no need the actual date.....just if it's in 1or 2 weeks...)

She replied that the receipt says business but ticket class is for economy.
Is your ticket still showing Business?
Old Feb 5, 2019, 5:41 pm

Programs: Skymiles, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by KiteM
Can you share with us when you'are flying (no need the actual date.....just if it's in 1or 2 weeks...)

First week

Is your ticket still showing Business?
yes ticket still shows business

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.