Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] AZ: BCN - LAX £456 in J....

Old Jan 14, 2019, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: kevinflyaway
Code:
Please post you departure dates and routes below:

March
 MARCH 07 BCN - FCO - LAX Madeiraportugal
 MARCH 11 PacificTwo
 MARCH 11 BCN-FCO-JFK UAPremierGuy
 MARCH 14 LAX - CDG - FCO - BCN Madeiraportugal
 MARCH 19 BCN-FCO-CDG GlennHaak
 MARCH 19 MAD-FCO-JFK beyounged
 MARCH 20 CDG-LAX GlennHaak
 MARCH 25 BCN-FCO-JFK JonEJacobs
 MARCH 25 JFK-FCO-MAD beyounged
 MARCH 28 LAX-FCO-BCN GlennHaak

April
 APRIL 01 BCN-FCO-LAX - idiosyncrasy
 APRIL 04 BCN - FCO - CDG (+1) - LAX Mister Miles
 APRIL 05 JFK-FCO-BCN JonEJacobs
 APRIL 08 BCN - FCO - LAX - honzeek_cz
 APRIL 08 FCO-CDG JNLentertainment
 APRIL 09 CDG-LAX - JNLentertainment
 APRIL 09 LAX - JFK - FCO - BCN Mister Miles
 APRIL 23 LAX-CDG honzeek_cz
 APRIL 24 CDG-FCO-BCN honzeek_cz
 APRIL 25 MAD-LIN honzeek_cz
 APRIL 25 LAX-CDG-FCO-BCN idiosyncrasy
 APRIL 26 LIN-CDG-LAX honzeek_cz
 APRIL 29 LAX-FCO honzeek_cz
 APRIL 30 FCO-MAD honzeek_cz
 APRIL 30 MAD-FCO Maayan

May
 MAY 01 FCO-LAX Maayan
 MAY 01 BCN-FCO-JFK ramalair
 MAY 02 BCN-FCO-JFK e30st
 MAY 02 BCN-FCO / MAY 03 FCO-LAX Travel-Quinten
 MAY 02 BCN-FCO-LAX Wildwater
 MAY 02 BCN-FCO / MAY 03 FCO-LAX bmibaby737
 MAY 06 JFK-FCO-BCN (+1) e30st
 MAY 06 LAX-FCO-BCN (+1) Travel-Quinten
 MAY 06 LAX-FCO-BCN Wildwater
 MAY 06 LAX-JFK-FCO / MAY 07 FCO-BCN bmibaby737
 MAY 08 LAX-FCO-MAD Maayan
 MAY 09 JFK-FCO-BCN ramalair
 MAY 09 LAX- FCO JNLentertainment
 MAY 09 FCO-BCN JNLentertainment

September

October

November
 Nov 7 BCN - FCO - JFK ExpatSomchai
 Nov 11 JFK - FCO - BCN (+1) ExpatSomchai
Print Wikipost

[PREM FARE GONE] AZ: BCN - LAX £456 in J....

Old Jan 18, 2019, 1:29 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue, Flying Blue Silver, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold
Lets stop worrying until if they actually cancel the tickets.
Oxymore and dugb like this.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 1:30 pm

Programs: AF/KL Plat, AA Plat, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by bmibaby737
Lets stop worrying until if they actually cancel the tickets.
Also it has now been 14 days.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 8:57 pm

As I am flying to LA are there any affordable hotels you guys would recommend and where to stay?
I noticed the hotels are quite expensive in LA.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 10:37 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by bestvideos123
As I am flying to LA are there any affordable hotels you guys would recommend and where to stay?
I noticed the hotels are quite expensive in LA.
I second this questions :P
I've asked on the Marriott FB Group and consensus is to stay a little outside the city limit. For instance in Burbank or Pasadena, deepening what you want to do there. Personally going to stay near Burbank to go to Warner, etc. A 2-bedroom in a Residence Inn still costs $300.

For rental I recommended Hertz through a AA discount code. Got a C group car for only $150 for 3 days.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 10:58 pm

Thanks for the info. It will be my first time in LA and i will be there for 3 nights, I thought about spending around $100 usd/ night on hotel but the rates are most likely at $150+ usd/night for a hotel. Obviously my main purpose for this trip are the flights but visiting LA is a bonus. I will mostly just go to santa monica, venice beach and to the hollywood side as well as try some american food such as In n'out hahah and wait for 3 days to pass so i can fly return. If you guys have any suggestions for hotels or any helpful fun recommendations please don't hesitate to share them as it is not everyday i will be going to LA.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 3:27 am

Although not getting ahead of myself (it is still definitely too early to be booking confirmed accommodation) there's no harm in looking. For me I think Airbnb is the way to go.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 4:39 am

I’m flying to LA and i’m hoping to disappear off to Las Vegas via Southwest Airlines the same evening. The flight + hotel would probably be equivalent to just a hotel in LA.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 8:47 am

Programs: DL Gold, AS MVP Gold
For hotels i recommend hotelstonight. You have to book within one week for the best rates.
bestvideos123 likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 11:19 am

Still seems good on the website, looks like we will just have to wait for the first person to fly in March. Looks promising though
Old Jan 21, 2019, 12:12 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by bestvideos123
Thanks for the info. It will be my first time in LA and i will be there for 3 nights, I thought about spending around $100 usd/ night on hotel but the rates are most likely at $150+ usd/night for a hotel. Obviously my main purpose for this trip are the flights but visiting LA is a bonus. I will mostly just go to santa monica, venice beach and to the hollywood side as well as try some american food such as In n'out hahah and wait for 3 days to pass so i can fly return. If you guys have any suggestions for hotels or any helpful fun recommendations please don't hesitate to share them as it is not everyday i will be going to LA.
I just found a Best Rate Guaranteed rate for $ 100 (including 25% discount) at a hotel near Manhattan Beach. If you're interested PM me, so I can send you the info.
bestvideos123 likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 12:40 pm

Just a quick note to Europeans visiting LA: LA is a big, big place and the rumors are very true that getting around here isn't the easiest thing. We really don't have a great public transit system, and we do have a lot of traffic.

There's an FT area about Los Angeles here:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/los-angeles-507/

I've lived here for more than 20 years, and I still don't have a great idea of what to tell people looking to visit for the first time, because we have a HUGE variety of places to visit that really differ pretty wildly depending on your interests. If you'd like help, before you post here or there, try to think about what you care about when visiting a city. Some areas where LA excels (and I'm sure I'll miss several) are excellent food, both local California cuisine and ethnic food from all over the world but especially Asia, great museums, tons of outdoor activities including beaches, hiking, mountain biking, golf (never done that, myself), and even skiing nearby, all types of exercise, etc., architectural landmarks, we do have a dense downtown area filled with places to see, also lots of beach cities to visit, tons of ethnic neighborhoods (many of which have great walking tours), farmer's markets, and, naturally, the world of Hollywood (encompassing much more than geographic Hollywood).

My point here is, figure out where you might be spending your time and try to get a place to stay that's somewhat near most of your activities. If, as the poster above mentioned, you are staying in Manhattan Beach and want to get to Hollywood and downtown and Disney, say, that's a TON of driving.
Oxymore and bestvideos123 like this.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 1:19 pm

Thank you Kevin, e30st and especially Joesph for the helpful information you provided about LA. I did research on LA and it is indeed a big city and I have continuously read about the very poor traffic, but you are right there are tons of things to do and it really depends on what I want to do and as I mentioned It will be my first time in LA and as I will be there for 3 nights. I've heard a lot of things about this place from bad to good ( like every other place). My current to-do lists are strolling through Hollywood Walk of Fame, See the big Hollywood sign which I have seen on almost every movie made in LA, check out Santa Monica, Venice Beach, Downtown LA etc... I have also come to find out that there are places to avoid in LA such as South Central and Skid Row which means i will be a little bit picky when i choosing hotels. Though Hotels are generally more expensive in LA compared to other places i have been to.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 4:12 am

Programs: CX MarcoPolo (SL), BA Executive Club (GO)
I never heard back from AZ despite them telling me that they would contact me within 48hrs. This feels like its going down the route of the previous AZ mistake fare. Unless they come forward to offer refund or move to Economy (why haven't they yet?) I think you may find they forcibly re-seat you in Economy at check-in.

Call the AZ call center - it is remarkable how much more info I found out on how they feel about the tickets internally. I was handled like I had been naughty, and he confirmed booking was frozen and in current state would not be eligible to fly if I turned up at check-in. Before making any plans around this fare such as hotels, I encourage you to get in contact with the airline.

In this case I do not believe silence means all is well. they haven't come out to publicly acknowledge the fare which isn't a good sign, at the same time all our bookings are frozen (Can't re-change seats or access much of manage my booking functions). That to me is a huge concern!
Old Jan 22, 2019, 4:23 am

Originally Posted by CX828
I never heard back from AZ despite them telling me that they would contact me within 48hrs. This feels like its going down the route of the previous AZ mistake fare. Unless they come forward to offer refund or move to Economy (why haven't they yet?) I think you may find they forcibly re-seat you in Economy at check-in.

Call the AZ call center - it is remarkable how much more info I found out on how they feel about the tickets internally. I was handled like I had been naughty, and he confirmed booking was frozen and in current state would not be eligible to fly if I turned up at check-in. Before making any plans around this fare such as hotels, I encourage you to get in contact with the airline.

In this case I do not believe silence means all is well. they haven't come out to publicly acknowledge the fare which isn't a good sign, at the same time all our bookings are frozen (Can't re-change seats or access much of manage my booking functions). That to me is a huge concern!
my booking is also frozen.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 4:31 am

I don't know what you guys mean by 'frozen', but booking still looks the same. I can still select/change seats, etc.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.