Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] AZ: BCN - LAX £456 in J....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 14, 2019, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: kevinflyaway
Code:
Please post you departure dates and routes below:

March
 MARCH 07 BCN - FCO - LAX Madeiraportugal
 MARCH 11 PacificTwo
 MARCH 11 BCN-FCO-JFK UAPremierGuy
 MARCH 14 LAX - CDG - FCO - BCN Madeiraportugal
 MARCH 19 BCN-FCO-CDG GlennHaak
 MARCH 19 MAD-FCO-JFK beyounged
 MARCH 20 CDG-LAX GlennHaak
 MARCH 25 BCN-FCO-JFK JonEJacobs
 MARCH 25 JFK-FCO-MAD beyounged
 MARCH 28 LAX-FCO-BCN GlennHaak

April
 APRIL 01 BCN-FCO-LAX - idiosyncrasy
 APRIL 04 BCN - FCO - CDG (+1) - LAX Mister Miles
 APRIL 05 JFK-FCO-BCN JonEJacobs
 APRIL 08 BCN - FCO - LAX - honzeek_cz
 APRIL 08 FCO-CDG JNLentertainment
 APRIL 09 CDG-LAX - JNLentertainment
 APRIL 09 LAX - JFK - FCO - BCN Mister Miles
 APRIL 23 LAX-CDG honzeek_cz
 APRIL 24 CDG-FCO-BCN honzeek_cz
 APRIL 25 MAD-LIN honzeek_cz
 APRIL 25 LAX-CDG-FCO-BCN idiosyncrasy
 APRIL 26 LIN-CDG-LAX honzeek_cz
 APRIL 29 LAX-FCO honzeek_cz
 APRIL 30 FCO-MAD honzeek_cz
 APRIL 30 MAD-FCO Maayan

May
 MAY 01 FCO-LAX Maayan
 MAY 01 BCN-FCO-JFK ramalair
 MAY 02 BCN-FCO-JFK e30st
 MAY 02 BCN-FCO / MAY 03 FCO-LAX Travel-Quinten
 MAY 02 BCN-FCO-LAX Wildwater
 MAY 02 BCN-FCO / MAY 03 FCO-LAX bmibaby737
 MAY 06 JFK-FCO-BCN (+1) e30st
 MAY 06 LAX-FCO-BCN (+1) Travel-Quinten
 MAY 06 LAX-FCO-BCN Wildwater
 MAY 06 LAX-JFK-FCO / MAY 07 FCO-BCN bmibaby737
 MAY 08 LAX-FCO-MAD Maayan
 MAY 09 JFK-FCO-BCN ramalair
 MAY 09 LAX- FCO JNLentertainment
 MAY 09 FCO-BCN JNLentertainment

September

October

November
 Nov 7 BCN - FCO - JFK ExpatSomchai
 Nov 11 JFK - FCO - BCN (+1) ExpatSomchai
Print Wikipost

[PREM FARE GONE] AZ: BCN - LAX £456 in J....

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2019, 1:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by bestvideos123
why people would like to add their bookings there?
So that the Alitalia intern will make sure that these tickest are not overlooked when the time to cancel/downgrade comes!!!
Old Jan 16, 2019, 1:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by idiosyncrasy
I shouldn’t expect any DL miles for the segment that is an AZ codeshare operated by AF, right?
Based on what logic?

All airlines listed are Skyteam members. There are no circumstances - other than the ticket being voided or being re-issued in a non-earning fare class - where this would fail to earn miles in DL.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 3:21 am

Just for keeping you up to date, I received the new information that Italy government might be willing to sell AZ to Delta instead their national railway company.
dugb likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 6:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Cestamitulakapohvezdach
Just for keeping you up to date, I received the new information that Italy government might be willing to sell AZ to Delta instead their national railway company.
Were you able to manipulate an agent to give you this completely irrelevant piece of information?
Old Jan 16, 2019, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by SFO777

Were you able to manipulate an agent to give you this completely irrelevant piece of information?
There was much more irrelevant information. And by the way, if you would spend as much time talking to airline agents as I did, you might know many of them are incompetent, they do not know what to do, how to solve some kind of situations and if you "help" them and tell them what they have to do, they will do so and you could end up eg. flying itinerary you would never be able to book or would cost you multiple times more then your originate itineraries. People are stupid, you have to deal with it :P
Old Jan 16, 2019, 9:12 am

Just for keeping you up to date, I received the new information that Italy government might be willing to sell AZ to Delta instead their national railway company
If you look at the various threads in the relevant sub-forums (AZ/DL and even AF/KL concerning the JV's developments), you will realise that this particular rumour has been around for months (possibly a year) now, hardly breaking news nor indeed something which could change the current state-of-play in terms of this particular fare. With regards to your very latest post in response to SFO777, I'm not entirely sure what sort of point (if any) you're trying to make really (other than the fact that you seem to have quite a bizarre hobby of speaking/educating airline agents...) but nevermind, moving on...

G
glennhaak likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
There was much more irrelevant information. And by the way, if you would spend as much time talking to airline agents as I did, you might know many of them are incompetent, they do not know what to do, how to solve some kind of situations and if you "help" them and tell them what they have to do, they will do so and you could end up eg. flying itinerary you would never be able to book or would cost you multiple times more then your originate itineraries. People are stupid, you have to deal with it :P
Justin Case and glennhaak like this.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The state rail company will still be necessary. Alitalia, as an EU airline, must have a majority of its shares held by EU investors. Delta, as a non-EU entity, can not own 50% or more of the company. (It’s why Delta has 49% of Virgin Atlantic)
glennhaak likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 2:42 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AS MVP Gold
So its been 12 days... No one received any cancellations right? I guess I'll just wait a couple of more days, and then start booking positioning flights to/from BCN.
Btw its interesting that according to the wiki, none of us booked ex Madrid or Valencia.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by e30st
its interesting that according to the wiki, none of us booked ex Madrid or Valencia.
Ahem...
kevinflyaway likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 2:58 pm

So its been 12 days... No one received any cancellations right? I guess I'll just wait a couple of more days, and then start booking positioning flights to/from BCN.
Btw its interesting that according to the wiki, none of us booked ex Madrid or Valencia.
I didn't put it on the wiki but I booked MADRID-LAX. Lots of seats open so I'm guessing not many others did.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 4:25 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by Maayan
Ahem...
Oh Sorry
I was also considering flying out of MAD, but positioning flights' timetable out of BUD were meant an extra day in Spain, which I don't have enough time to. However clearly MAD has way better lounges than BCN. So, anyway did you guys already book positioning flights?
Old Jan 16, 2019, 5:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Oh Sorry
I was also considering flying out of MAD, but positioning flights' timetable out of BUD were meant an extra day in Spain, which I don't have enough time to. However clearly MAD has way better lounges than BCN. So, anyway did you guys already book positioning flights?
No! No way. I'm waiting several more weeks before I put real money into this one.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern
No! No way. I'm waiting several more weeks before I put real money into this one.
I would too if I was making a cash booking. In my case i'll make an Avios booking which if it doesn't pan out i'll canx and lose myself GBP30.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 12:52 pm

Programs: AA PLT; TK Gold, Marriot PLT, IHG PLT
I can't modify wiki but my ITIN is VLC-FCO-LAX-FCO-VLC, departure late April and return beginning May.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.