Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] AZ: BCN - LAX £456 in J....

Old Jan 14, 2019, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: kevinflyaway
Code:
Please post you departure dates and routes below:

March
 MARCH 07 BCN - FCO - LAX Madeiraportugal
 MARCH 11 PacificTwo
 MARCH 11 BCN-FCO-JFK UAPremierGuy
 MARCH 14 LAX - CDG - FCO - BCN Madeiraportugal
 MARCH 19 BCN-FCO-CDG GlennHaak
 MARCH 19 MAD-FCO-JFK beyounged
 MARCH 20 CDG-LAX GlennHaak
 MARCH 25 BCN-FCO-JFK JonEJacobs
 MARCH 25 JFK-FCO-MAD beyounged
 MARCH 28 LAX-FCO-BCN GlennHaak

April
 APRIL 01 BCN-FCO-LAX - idiosyncrasy
 APRIL 04 BCN - FCO - CDG (+1) - LAX Mister Miles
 APRIL 05 JFK-FCO-BCN JonEJacobs
 APRIL 08 BCN - FCO - LAX - honzeek_cz
 APRIL 08 FCO-CDG JNLentertainment
 APRIL 09 CDG-LAX - JNLentertainment
 APRIL 09 LAX - JFK - FCO - BCN Mister Miles
 APRIL 23 LAX-CDG honzeek_cz
 APRIL 24 CDG-FCO-BCN honzeek_cz
 APRIL 25 MAD-LIN honzeek_cz
 APRIL 25 LAX-CDG-FCO-BCN idiosyncrasy
 APRIL 26 LIN-CDG-LAX honzeek_cz
 APRIL 29 LAX-FCO honzeek_cz
 APRIL 30 FCO-MAD honzeek_cz
 APRIL 30 MAD-FCO Maayan

May
 MAY 01 FCO-LAX Maayan
 MAY 01 BCN-FCO-JFK ramalair
 MAY 02 BCN-FCO-JFK e30st
 MAY 02 BCN-FCO / MAY 03 FCO-LAX Travel-Quinten
 MAY 02 BCN-FCO-LAX Wildwater
 MAY 02 BCN-FCO / MAY 03 FCO-LAX bmibaby737
 MAY 06 JFK-FCO-BCN (+1) e30st
 MAY 06 LAX-FCO-BCN (+1) Travel-Quinten
 MAY 06 LAX-FCO-BCN Wildwater
 MAY 06 LAX-JFK-FCO / MAY 07 FCO-BCN bmibaby737
 MAY 08 LAX-FCO-MAD Maayan
 MAY 09 JFK-FCO-BCN ramalair
 MAY 09 LAX- FCO JNLentertainment
 MAY 09 FCO-BCN JNLentertainment

September

October

November
 Nov 7 BCN - FCO - JFK ExpatSomchai
 Nov 11 JFK - FCO - BCN (+1) ExpatSomchai
Print Wikipost

[PREM FARE GONE] AZ: BCN - LAX £456 in J....

Old Jan 12, 2019, 9:51 am

Programs: CX MarcoPolo (SL), BA Executive Club (GO)
Just off the phone to Alitalia . . .

This fare is certainly not safe and guaranteed. . .

Just got off the phone to Alitalia. As I couldn't assign seats on AF or AZ website, I called the call center. Long story short, the ticket is not valid, his word's were "if I were at check in I would not let you on the flight". He seemed very aware of this issue specifically mentioning "you saw this fare on google flights". Apparently I will now be contacted within 24/48 hours by a different department and one of two options may occur - I fly as I thought booked, i.e. in business, or I am re-seated in coach. He was very dubious about the possibility of a refund stating "you might get a refund but I cannot guarantee anything at this stage". It was described as a "system error by the web department". Apparently they are investigating how the error occurred and whether pax booked a coach ticket and had access to business class seats or whether in the alternative it is just very low priced business fare. Either way there was a mapping error that they know about. Watch this space.....
Old Jan 12, 2019, 9:56 am

Programs: GOLD: AZ....maybe :-P
My 2 cents

Since they are aware about it I think they should have cancelled it if it was room to do it (as per the FLR-DUS).
Maybe they just want to scare you (us)?

Have you tried to call AF and check whether they are able to reserve the seats (and which one)?
Old Jan 12, 2019, 10:04 am

Programs: AF/KL Plat, AA Plat, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by CX828

Just got off the phone to Alitalia. As I couldn't assign seats on AF or AZ website, I called the call center. Long story short, the ticket is not valid, his word's were "if I were at check in I would not let you on the flight". He seemed very aware of this issue specifically mentioning "you saw this fare on google flights". Apparently I will now be contacted within 24/48 hours by a different department and one of two options may occur - I fly as I thought booked, i.e. in business, or I am re-seated in coach. He was very dubious about the possibility of a refund stating "you might get a refund but I cannot guarantee anything at this stage". It was described as a "system error by the web department". Apparently they are investigating how the error occurred and whether pax booked a coach ticket and had access to business class seats or whether in the alternative it is just very low priced business fare. Either way there was a mapping error that they know about. Watch this space.....
I don’t believe they can reseat you in coach without offering a refund; and I’m quite sure your credit card would allow for a dispute in that case, not to mention complaints to the relevant EU agencies. In any case, I’m curious to hear if they actually follow up with you, or just leave your ticket untouched and say nothing.

Also, what’s up with them blaming Google Flights? You didn’t have to use GF to book this.

If they do follow up with you, then I’m sure it will be a relief to all of us to know what’s going on though.

Last edited by Oxymore; Jan 12, 2019 at 10:11 am
Old Jan 12, 2019, 10:33 am

I'm confused and have I have a bad feeling because i think the airline have something going on behind the scenes, as soon as I had booked the ticket I was able to select seats on AZ website but I can't do that anymore. I can only select my seat on the flight operated by AF.

Hope there is some news asap about what is going to happen.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by CX828

Not really surprised with your call.

I called them for the same issue, I coudl'nt select my seats. I phoned from France and was directed to their office in Albania. After checking my booking, the agent told me "there is an error. I can't select your seats, I'm going to report your booking because you paid a wrong price". Of course I understood what she meant. I told her I didn't understand and was just calling for seat selections. She was reapeating the same thing "I'm going to report to Alitalia", well I thought I called Alitalia, who are you then ... ? She didn't know that much about the error fare I guess but she was talking to me like I was a criminal and were about to be report to the police. It was on Thursday afternoon and was supposed to receive a call from Alitalia (the true one I guess), but still waiting ...
Old Jan 12, 2019, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by bestvideos123
I'm confused and have I have a bad feeling because i think the airline have something going on behind the scenes, as soon as I had booked the ticket I was able to select seats on AZ website but I can't do that anymore. I can only select my seat on the flight operated by AF.

Hope there is some news asap about what is going to happen.
Same for me, that why I called them ...

I can still change my seat for my Delta flight on their website.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 10:59 am

Programs: AF/KL Plat, AA Plat, HH Diamond
Let's not panic just yet, the agent who spoke to CX828 also mentioned that letting people fly as ticketed was an option they were envisioning.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 11:11 am

I booked direct on Alitalia.com. Just checked my reservation. Still there, my chosen business class seats still showing and if I click on customise travel - select seats it still shows business class seat map.

It seems most having issues are those that booked at other airline/OTA sites.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 11:16 am

Programs: Skymiles, AAdvantage
Same here booked via alitalia.com still can see seats and change seats.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by bananahead
I booked direct on Alitalia.com. Just checked my reservation. Still there, my chosen business class seats still showing and if I click on customise travel - select seats it still shows business class seat map.

It seems most having issues are those that booked at other airline/OTA sites.
I booked via Alitalia too. I could select them at the first time i checked my booking but not anymore
Old Jan 12, 2019, 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by thogui19
Not really surprised with your call
Same here, even though for somewhat different reasons. I have quite a few interactions with their call-centre (the UK/Bosnian numbers —i.e. those that I use the most— feed through the contact centre in Albania) mostly due to the fact that bookings made through our corporate travel agent cannot be amended (namely: choosing seats/adding special meals and the likes) directly through the website: believe it or not, it always ends up in an ‘argument’ when I merely try to tell them that special meals in business class may be requested even for short (and indeed medium) haul services; they persist in saying that this is not the case and even ‘tell me off’ up to the point when the conversation gets awkwardly animated (because of them, needless to say, I’m not really the sort of person screaming on the phone nor do I like wasting my time arguing with a customer services’ operator...). But then, I called LOT just yesterday and same outcome (call centre outsourced somewhere, but this surely can’t be the reason behind bad manners) — rude as hell and I had to ‘fight’ for a simple issue related to a missed connection. As a customer (and indeed frequent flyer — over 200 flights a year, 99% with work), it goes beyond the frustrating line, it’s just sad.

And on that bombshell, my apologies for the off-topic’s rant

G

Last edited by AlicorporateUK; Jan 12, 2019 at 12:15 pm Reason: minor amendments.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 12:39 pm

Programs: A3 *G & FB G
I don't get it why people are so hopeful. Alitalia has a bad reputation for error fares, though I see many people being certain they will honor it? I don't believe it will be honored as long as nobody flew this in business class. People who don't believe they can't put you in coach, Ethiopian airlines has done this before even on flights from/to Europe.

Please people, do not book unrefundable flights or hotels. You are taking risks and at the end, the people who made this mistake to book positioning flights will become the biggest complainers. You know you are "playing a game". You win some, you lose some. But don't expect too much from a company that is in financial problems.
SFO777 and vincewy like this.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 12:43 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue, Flying Blue Silver, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold
It is what it is. There’s no way they can downgrade us without the option of refunding.
Oxymore likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 1:44 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, BA Silver, AF Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Spire
Guys, rule no 1: don't call airline! Especially in such stupid matters like seat assignment
Old Jan 12, 2019, 1:53 pm

Programs: GOLD: AZ....maybe :-P
Originally Posted by unusualtravelblog
I don't get it why people are so hopeful. Alitalia has a bad reputation for error fares, though I see many people being certain they will honor it? I don't believe it will be honored as long as nobody flew this in business class. People who don't believe they can't put you in coach, Ethiopian airlines has done this before even on flights from/to Europe.

Please people, do not book unrefundable flights or hotels. You are taking risks and at the end, the people who made this mistake to book positioning flights will become the biggest complainers. You know you are "playing a game". You win some, you lose some. But don't expect too much from a company that is in financial problems.
This is not true....AZ has honored ef for 0.01€ from Rome to Tokyo direct flight.
Of course they did big mess with the flr-dus ef but I'm not sure we can say it is their usual behavior

Originally Posted by recki2016
Guys, rule no 1: don't call airline! Especially in such stupid matters like seat assignment
I agree......you can select them at check in
Is really so important to seat at 1A or 3 K?
paffendorf likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.