Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] AZ: BCN - LAX £456 in J....

Old Jan 14, 2019, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: kevinflyaway
Code:
Please post you departure dates and routes below:

March
 MARCH 07 BCN - FCO - LAX Madeiraportugal
 MARCH 11 PacificTwo
 MARCH 11 BCN-FCO-JFK UAPremierGuy
 MARCH 14 LAX - CDG - FCO - BCN Madeiraportugal
 MARCH 19 BCN-FCO-CDG GlennHaak
 MARCH 19 MAD-FCO-JFK beyounged
 MARCH 20 CDG-LAX GlennHaak
 MARCH 25 BCN-FCO-JFK JonEJacobs
 MARCH 25 JFK-FCO-MAD beyounged
 MARCH 28 LAX-FCO-BCN GlennHaak

April
 APRIL 01 BCN-FCO-LAX - idiosyncrasy
 APRIL 04 BCN - FCO - CDG (+1) - LAX Mister Miles
 APRIL 05 JFK-FCO-BCN JonEJacobs
 APRIL 08 BCN - FCO - LAX - honzeek_cz
 APRIL 08 FCO-CDG JNLentertainment
 APRIL 09 CDG-LAX - JNLentertainment
 APRIL 09 LAX - JFK - FCO - BCN Mister Miles
 APRIL 23 LAX-CDG honzeek_cz
 APRIL 24 CDG-FCO-BCN honzeek_cz
 APRIL 25 MAD-LIN honzeek_cz
 APRIL 25 LAX-CDG-FCO-BCN idiosyncrasy
 APRIL 26 LIN-CDG-LAX honzeek_cz
 APRIL 29 LAX-FCO honzeek_cz
 APRIL 30 FCO-MAD honzeek_cz
 APRIL 30 MAD-FCO Maayan

May
 MAY 01 FCO-LAX Maayan
 MAY 01 BCN-FCO-JFK ramalair
 MAY 02 BCN-FCO-JFK e30st
 MAY 02 BCN-FCO / MAY 03 FCO-LAX Travel-Quinten
 MAY 02 BCN-FCO-LAX Wildwater
 MAY 02 BCN-FCO / MAY 03 FCO-LAX bmibaby737
 MAY 06 JFK-FCO-BCN (+1) e30st
 MAY 06 LAX-FCO-BCN (+1) Travel-Quinten
 MAY 06 LAX-FCO-BCN Wildwater
 MAY 06 LAX-JFK-FCO / MAY 07 FCO-BCN bmibaby737
 MAY 08 LAX-FCO-MAD Maayan
 MAY 09 JFK-FCO-BCN ramalair
 MAY 09 LAX- FCO JNLentertainment
 MAY 09 FCO-BCN JNLentertainment

September

October

November
 Nov 7 BCN - FCO - JFK ExpatSomchai
 Nov 11 JFK - FCO - BCN (+1) ExpatSomchai
Print Wikipost

[PREM FARE GONE] AZ: BCN - LAX £456 in J....

Old Jan 9, 2019, 1:32 pm
Used to be guidogh

Programs: FB Ultimate, Hertz Platinum, Star Aliiance Gold
Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
My payment has now disappeared from my Amex account. Although I can manage my booking when logging in it shows payment failure which is strange.
If the payment was final and not pending anymore, it cannot just dissapear. it can only be refunded from that point but that should be visible in your statement.
Mister Miles likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 2:16 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Turkish Gold, Hilton Honours Diamond,Club Carlson Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Hollandair
If the payment was final and not pending anymore, it cannot just dissapear. it can only be refunded from that point but that should be visible in your statement.
My payment which was previously "pending" has also now disappeared which to me indicates that Amex travel as the supplier failed to claim the payment and that can only happen if Alitalia is cancelling the tickets.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 2:17 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Turkish Gold, Hilton Honours Diamond,Club Carlson Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
My payment has now disappeared from my Amex account. Although I can manage my booking when logging in it shows payment failure which is strange.
My situation is identical to yours and I guess we both booked with Amex travel?
Old Jan 9, 2019, 2:23 pm

Programs: KLM Flying Blue Platinum, Hilton Honors Platinum
Originally Posted by v2837v
My payment which was previously "pending" has also now disappeared which to me indicates that Amex travel as the supplier failed to claim the payment and that can only happen if Alitalia is cancelling the tickets.
Actually, it does not. If your payment was still pending, the authorization has simply expired and AMEX Travel did not capture the funds on time. A credit card authorization can last a couple of days up to a few weeks (depending on the bank) and as long as the authorization is successful, the merchant can hold off on capturing the funds and hence completing the payment at a later stage (for example to check inventory). Once the payment is final, the only way to get your money back is with a refund, initiated by the merchant. Based on your information that the 'payment has disappeared' tells me that the payment was never final, only an authorization was done that was never finalized. Therefore I also don't think that Alitalia has anything to do with this, AMEX Travel may have tried to secure the flights when the fares were pulled.
Maayan likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 2:39 pm

Same case here. Credit limit still includes the now missing pending payment. It has just been a statement period yesterday so was wondering if that had screwed something up, but will just wait it out... I seem to remember it happened with another Amex travel booking
Old Jan 9, 2019, 2:40 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum | Flying Blue Petroleum | Hilton Gold | Marriott Gold | Shangri-La Jade
Originally Posted by bananahead
I'm not sure that is a great idea. Alitalia KNOW they have made a mistake. The question is, do they want to admit it publicly? Personally, I doubt it. And I can understand why. If they announce publicly that they made a mistake and will honour it, it could set a precedent in the future when the same thing happens again. If they are going to honour it I imagine they will just do it quietly. Involing journalist or bloggers could actually work against us. AZ could then feel backed in to a corner and decide the best course is to cancel the tickets afterall since they will not want to encourage the bloggers jumping on future AZ errors (note OMAAT/godsavethepoints/TPG did not even report on it).
TPG did: https://thepointsguy.com/deals/delta...-class-538-rt/

By the way, datapoint+1: my booking still intact, not able to select seats except for CDG-LAX.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 2:49 pm

Programs: KLM Flying Blue Platinum, Hilton Honors Platinum
Just to comment on the statement period, that has nothing to do with pending authorization. You would just have to sit this out, so waiting when the credit comes available again. Hopefully it doesn't take to long!
Old Jan 9, 2019, 2:53 pm

My AMEX issue was the opposite. Booked direct on Alitalia.com and paid with AMEX. It wasn’t even showing in my pending transactions for days. Was only posted yesterday - for the original transaction date. And still there.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 2:58 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Yes mine was booked on Amex Travel in the UK. I also used a £50 off £200 and that is no back in inventory. As others have said will sit this out and see what develops.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bananahead
My AMEX issue was the opposite. Booked direct on Alitalia.com and paid with AMEX. It wasn’t even showing in my pending transactions for days. Was only posted yesterday - for the original transaction date. And still there.
That's normal. Amex doesn't show foreign pending transactions. It would have shown had you booked with US based OTA.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 6:48 am

The Amex transaction is now posted. Likely a combination of statement period closing and still been in pending (always does funny things online for me) plus the £50 Amex travel credit.

Still in the game
Old Jan 10, 2019, 6:49 am

Programs: GOLD: AZ....maybe :-P
Originally Posted by surbiton_flyer
The Amex transaction is now posted. Likely a combination of statement period posting and still been in pending plus the £50 Amex travel credit.

Still in the game
🤞
Old Jan 10, 2019, 7:17 am

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Same here. Charges have reposted overnight
Old Jan 10, 2019, 2:30 pm

Programs: PAL million miler (1.6 M ), AA Platinum ( almost 1 M)
no press release from alitalia? cx and az did,,,
Old Jan 10, 2019, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by JNLentertainment
no press release from alitalia? cx and az did,,,
It's not in every airlines style to release a statement saying 'we f*cked up and are honouring our error'. Sometimes no statement is better and just leaving it quiet. AZ would not want to draw attention to this.

The merits/cons of a press/blog release were discussed up thread.
TerryK and Maayan like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.