Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] AZ: BCN - LAX £456 in J....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 14, 2019, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: kevinflyaway
Code:
Please post you departure dates and routes below:

March
 MARCH 07 BCN - FCO - LAX Madeiraportugal
 MARCH 11 PacificTwo
 MARCH 11 BCN-FCO-JFK UAPremierGuy
 MARCH 14 LAX - CDG - FCO - BCN Madeiraportugal
 MARCH 19 BCN-FCO-CDG GlennHaak
 MARCH 19 MAD-FCO-JFK beyounged
 MARCH 20 CDG-LAX GlennHaak
 MARCH 25 BCN-FCO-JFK JonEJacobs
 MARCH 25 JFK-FCO-MAD beyounged
 MARCH 28 LAX-FCO-BCN GlennHaak

April
 APRIL 01 BCN-FCO-LAX - idiosyncrasy
 APRIL 04 BCN - FCO - CDG (+1) - LAX Mister Miles
 APRIL 05 JFK-FCO-BCN JonEJacobs
 APRIL 08 BCN - FCO - LAX - honzeek_cz
 APRIL 08 FCO-CDG JNLentertainment
 APRIL 09 CDG-LAX - JNLentertainment
 APRIL 09 LAX - JFK - FCO - BCN Mister Miles
 APRIL 23 LAX-CDG honzeek_cz
 APRIL 24 CDG-FCO-BCN honzeek_cz
 APRIL 25 MAD-LIN honzeek_cz
 APRIL 25 LAX-CDG-FCO-BCN idiosyncrasy
 APRIL 26 LIN-CDG-LAX honzeek_cz
 APRIL 29 LAX-FCO honzeek_cz
 APRIL 30 FCO-MAD honzeek_cz
 APRIL 30 MAD-FCO Maayan

May
 MAY 01 FCO-LAX Maayan
 MAY 01 BCN-FCO-JFK ramalair
 MAY 02 BCN-FCO-JFK e30st
 MAY 02 BCN-FCO / MAY 03 FCO-LAX Travel-Quinten
 MAY 02 BCN-FCO-LAX Wildwater
 MAY 02 BCN-FCO / MAY 03 FCO-LAX bmibaby737
 MAY 06 JFK-FCO-BCN (+1) e30st
 MAY 06 LAX-FCO-BCN (+1) Travel-Quinten
 MAY 06 LAX-FCO-BCN Wildwater
 MAY 06 LAX-JFK-FCO / MAY 07 FCO-BCN bmibaby737
 MAY 08 LAX-FCO-MAD Maayan
 MAY 09 JFK-FCO-BCN ramalair
 MAY 09 LAX- FCO JNLentertainment
 MAY 09 FCO-BCN JNLentertainment

September

October

November
 Nov 7 BCN - FCO - JFK ExpatSomchai
 Nov 11 JFK - FCO - BCN (+1) ExpatSomchai
Print Wikipost

[PREM FARE GONE] AZ: BCN - LAX £456 in J....

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2019, 7:38 am

Hello,

Anyone booked ticekts for october ? Got tickets issued, late october and credit card charged

I can still acess my booking on AZ site but can't access the seat selection page, showing "technical issue"
Old Jan 9, 2019, 7:44 am

Programs: GOLD: AZ....maybe :-P
Originally Posted by thogui19
Hello,

Anyone booked ticekts for october ? Got tickets issued, late october and credit card charged

I can still acess my booking on AZ site but can't access the seat selection page, showing "technical issue"
Not for traveling in October but just checked now and I still can access the booking and modify seats selection.

Maybe it's really an issue on their side. I would expect they are going to cancel/modify first the closer one
Old Jan 9, 2019, 7:49 am

I think this fare survived. We passed Wednesday, if they wanted to do anything, they had plenty of time. I know there will be many Flyertalkers, who will say nothing is safe but in my opinion, and after flying multiple business class "special" fares I think I am experienced, we can start planning our trips in next days!
See you on board, guys!
Oxymore likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 7:54 am

Originally Posted by Cestamitulakapohvezdach
I think this fare survived. We passed Wednesday, if they wanted to do anything, they had plenty of time. I know there will be many Flyertalkers, who will say nothing is safe but in my opinion, and after flying multiple business class "special" fares I think I am experienced, we can start planning our trips in next days!
See you on board, guys!
I would like to think the same, and I did it when I flown the EY AUH-SAO special fare where I had the confirmation only the day before the outbound flight at the Marina Mall.

However I'm thinking whether it would be better to ask someone (journalist, travel blogger) to try to get an official statement from AZ.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 8:01 am

They won't, it's Alitalia
Old Jan 9, 2019, 8:03 am

Originally Posted by Cestamitulakapohvezdach
They won't, it's Alitalia
That's true but I think it worth to give a try 😉
Old Jan 9, 2019, 8:17 am

Programs: AF/KL Plat, AA Plat, HH Diamond
I would concur, especially given that they identified and pulled the fare very quickly. I will add a data point which I thought was insignificant, but might be of value: I did book a ticket, then booked another one for the same dates when I realized more cities were included, and had expedia void the first one under the 24h cancellation policy. Then, a few hours later, I received a message that AZ had cancelled the individual segments in the "ghost" PNR that didn't have a ticket number anymore (which is not normally something that happens). The other itinerary is fine.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by KiteM

That's true but I think it worth to give a try 😉
I think we should keep quiet and not to give the luck of everyone tin chance. Print your tickets and everything will be fine as always
Old Jan 9, 2019, 10:48 am

I would like to think the same, and I did it when I flown the EY AUH-SAO special fare where I had the confirmation only the day before the outbound flight at the Marina Mall.

However I'm thinking whether it would be better to ask someone (journalist, travel blogger) to try to get an official statement from AZ.
I'm not sure that is a great idea. Alitalia KNOW they have made a mistake. The question is, do they want to admit it publicly? Personally, I doubt it. And I can understand why. If they announce publicly that they made a mistake and will honour it, it could set a precedent in the future when the same thing happens again. If they are going to honour it I imagine they will just do it quietly. Involing journalist or bloggers could actually work against us. AZ could then feel backed in to a corner and decide the best course is to cancel the tickets afterall since they will not want to encourage the bloggers jumping on future AZ errors (note OMAAT/godsavethepoints/TPG did not even report on it).
Maayan likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by bananahead
I'm not sure that is a great idea. Alitalia KNOW they have made a mistake. The question is, do they want to admit it publicly? Personally, I doubt it. And I can understand why. If they announce publicly that they made a mistake and will honour it, it could set a precedent in the future when the same thing happens again. If they are going to honour it I imagine they will just do it quietly. Involing journalist or bloggers could actually work against us. AZ could then feel backed in to a corner and decide the best course is to cancel the tickets afterall since they will not want to encourage the bloggers jumping on future AZ errors (note OMAAT/godsavethepoints/TPG did not even report on it).
I understand your point and can also agree but, I don't remember, has AZ pubblicy confirmed they would have honoured the Japanese deal?

Should not be already that one a precedent?
Old Jan 9, 2019, 11:25 am

Programs: BAEC Blue, Flying Blue Silver, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold
Lets just wait and see what happens. The best option is to do nothing.
Xyzzy likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 12:18 pm

Programs: LH, BA, TK
I don't remember, has AZ pubblicy confirmed they would have honoured the Japanese deal?

Yes they did. It’s when was official that all >0,01€ tickets wouldn’t have been cancelled.

The best thing could happen is to let this thread fade into oblivion (and I don’t even have bookings).

In my experience the best ‘special sales’ are those that fly under the radar, not necessarily the sale of the decade or on the best airline etc.

A couple of years ago there was an excellent Lufthansa mistake ex SOF in full J to JNB. Exactly what I needed to requalify TK E. Routing involved also a couple of intra-Euro segments each way, earning a sweet 1k miles each.

That thread barely reached a few pages and the beauty German queen wasn’t disturbed in her sleep.

Don’t count on official declarations, don’t ask for it in any way and perhaps the Italian tax-payers spendthrift will behave.
Maayan, Oxymore and KiteM like this.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 12:34 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
My payment has now disappeared from my Amex account. Although I can manage my booking when logging in it shows payment failure which is strange.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
when logging in it shows payment failure which is strange.
I wouldn’t worry about it — that’s merely one of the several gremlins roaming the Alitalia website (incidentally, this is the error message I seem to get whenever I try to manage bookings made through our corporate travel agent, when I’m also unable to select special meals, amongst other things).

That aside, I do agree with one of the posts upthread from @paffendorf — Alitalia has a decent business class product and 2 trendy/newish lounges in Rome (concourse E, don’t bother with the one in pier D) with a chef, a nice [attended] bar and above average food compared to most lounges in Europe. Lastly, it is also worth noting that their short/medium haul product is mediocre at best (not that other European carriers perform much better in that respect but still...), unless you’re lucky enough to get one of the new A321neo with dedicated business class (meaning ‘proper’ seat and the likes), these should soon join the fleet; catering-wise (again, short/medium haul), make sure to select a special meal (I normally go for the seafood option, way better than the standard choice without a doubt) and ask for a shot of limoncello after the meal

G
irishguy28 and ExpatSomchai like this.

Last edited by AlicorporateUK; Jan 9, 2019 at 1:33 pm Reason: further info added.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 1:28 pm
Used to be guidogh

Programs: FB Ultimate, Hertz Platinum, Star Aliiance Gold
So my booking is ok, just cant seem to select seat on the AZ site. ( booked on AZ also). At what point would it be ok to call them and have them select seats for me?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.